The GOP Health Care Plan

if we as the most wealthy industrialized nation cannot get health care right for the rich and poor alike....then America isn't all that great. case closed. no excuses.

You got 15-30 million illegals. 5% are walking into emergency with anything from a sick kid to a gunshot head wound to a Bad Heart (transplant).
As long as you got to pay for all of that...........game over.
As long as they're not using emergency for an Aspirin.
In the Army I had free healthcare. I went on sick call every time I got a headache. 3 hours sitting around doing nothing waiting for my turn to see the doctor to get my Aspirin.

I would find it quite amusing that so many people are focused on how to get better health insurance (AKA lower cost), if it were not so udderly tragic. What we need to be focusing on is how to get the cost of health care back in line with the rest of the economy, not how to get "someone else" to pay for it. Really, what even comes close to the inflation of health care? Anything? Is that not the real problem here? The cost of healthcare, not the cost of insurance?
Has it ever dawned on you the more government gets involved the more expensive free stuff becomes?
In the Army, we soldiers, were given a budget to get our jobs done. If we didn't use it all at the end of the budget time period the next one we would get less. Sometimes we go into the desert and we need every single penny and more. Sometimes we stay home and we don't need to spend all that to keep our equipment ready. But during those times we have to buy things, via budget, that we don't really need or risk not having them when we do need them. Nobody goes under budget in the military. We spend every penny we are budgeted whether we need it or not. Now imagine if the whole Government operated like that.
They do operate like that.

What's in the Senate's secret Obamacare repeal bill

It may be ok. It's good to see no more nonsense about "the fed govt has no role in helping people get hc." And reforming mediciad from a "all you can get" program is not a bad idea.

Although they better keep their hands off my medicare. LOL
Looking at what is reported as being in the Senate bill, it seems like republicans have forgot the main reason people hate Obamacare, Cost. Exactly what is in the Senate bill that is going to significantly drive down cost?

The removal of the mandate will allow the most healthy (and profitable) insurance subscribers to drop their insurance while still requiring that insurance companies cover the most unhealthy (and costly) subscribers. That is going to increase premiums. Dropping the tax on tanning bed operators will certainly have not reduce the cost of insurance, nor will cutting premium subsidies, cutting medicaid, or planned parenthood.

The existing items in Obamacare that make premiums so high will remain, such as no prexisting conditions exclusion, no cap on yearly maximums, no cap on lifetime maximums, all the essential benefits, allowing parents to carry their kids on their policy to age 26, insurance company reporting requirements, and all the additional protections to subscribers.

It seems these 13 republicans in the Senate that wrote the bill, neglected to talk to the people most concerned, insurance companies, doctors, hospitals, patients, and insurance customers. Republicans should be hoping that this bill does not make it into law before the midterms.
Doctors are expensive because there aren't enough of them to meet demand.
There aren't enough of them to meet demand because they aren't building enough colleges to provide that supply. The colleges are all full. Normally when something is full, you build it bigger to accommodate more customers. These Medical Colleges don't do that because the Federal Government only pays for so many seats. They don't get more government money for building more seats. It's not supposed to work that way. Demand goes up you raise prices or you expand supply to meet demand. Then prices go back down once demand is met. Colleges are not meeting demand.

I would find it quite amusing that so many people are focused on how to get better health insurance (AKA lower cost), if it were not so udderly tragic. What we need to be focusing on is how to get the cost of health care back in line with the rest of the economy, not how to get "someone else" to pay for it. Really, what even comes close to the inflation of health care? Anything? Is that not the real problem here? The cost of healthcare, not the cost of insurance?
Yes, reducing healthcare cost is the answer. Obamacare requires that at least 80% of insurance costs go to paying medical bills.

The biggest problem in reducing healthcare cost is the political parties have no real interest in doing so. Both parties see the solution as implementing their ideological beliefs even though there is no evidence that doing so will work. So it's up to healthcare industry to do it without any help or incentives from the government. Since the government funds 2/3 of the cost of healthcare doing it without the government is not possible. Here is a good article about how healthcare cost can be brought down from the Harvard Business Review.
How the U.S. Can Reduce Waste in Health Care Spending by $1 Trillion

if we as the most wealthy industrialized nation cannot get health care right for the rich and poor alike....then America isn't all that great. case closed. no excuses.

You got 15-30 million illegals. 5% are walking into emergency with anything from a sick kid to a gunshot head wound to a Bad Heart (transplant).
As long as you got to pay for all of that...........game over.
As long as they're not using emergency for an Aspirin.
In the Army I had free healthcare. I went on sick call every time I got a headache. 3 hours sitting around doing nothing waiting for my turn to see the doctor to get my Aspirin.

Mexico should reimburse for the medical cost of Mexican Illegals. Trump.......get on that. reportedly.....they send the sick ones up. Other countries trying to take advantage......be forewarned. We have a sensible leader now.

It may be ok. It's good to see no more nonsense about "the fed govt has no role in helping people get hc." And reforming mediciad from a "all you can get" program is not a bad idea.

Looking at what is reported as being in the Senate bill, it seems like republicans have forgot the main reason people hate Obamacare, Cost. Exactly what is in the Senate bill that is going to significantly drive down cost?

The removal of the mandate will allow the most healthy (and profitable) insurance subscribers to drop their insurance while still requiring that insurance companies cover the most unhealthy (and costly) subscribers. That is going to increase premiums. Dropping the tax on tanning bed operators will certainly have not reduce the cost of insurance, nor will cutting premium subsidies, cutting medicaid, or planned parenthood.

The existing items in Obamacare that make premiums so high will remain, such as no prexisting conditions exclusion, no cap on yearly maximums, no cap on lifetime maximums, all the essential benefits, allowing parents to carry their kids on their policy to age 26, insurance company reporting requirements, and all the additional protections to subscribers.

It seems these 13 republicans in the Senate that wrote the bill, neglected to talk to the people most concerned, insurance companies, doctors, hospitals, patients, and insurance customers. Republicans should be hoping that this bill does not make it into law before the midterms.
Doctors are expensive because there aren't enough of them to meet demand.
There aren't enough of them to meet demand because they aren't building enough colleges to provide that supply. The colleges are all full. Normally when something is full, you build it bigger to accommodate more customers. These Medical Colleges don't do that because the Federal Government only pays for so many seats. They don't get more government money for building more seats. It's not supposed to work that way. Demand goes up you raise prices or you expand supply to meet demand. Then prices go back down once demand is met. Colleges are not meeting demand.
I agree to some extent the supply vs demand for doctors is certainly a part of the problem but there are a lot of other factors.

I have a grandson that is graduating from High School this year that hopes to study medicine. The hurdles in doing so are huge. To get in med school, he's going have to be in the top 10% of his class due to the problem you mentioned of not enough capacity in med schools.

He's going to an in state university to keep cost down. We are estimating the cost will be $90,000 to $100,000 for undergraduate schooling and living expenses. After graduation and if he get's into med school at the university, the cost will be about $180,000 for 4 years. Plus additional funds are needed while in residency and other misc. expenses. Then there's time, 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of med School, and 2 years of residency. So we're talking about working your ass off to make the grade for 10 years and forking out or borrowing at least $300,000. So when he starts working he will be 30 years old and have a $300,000 college loan.

Healthy people better not be paying for unhealthy peoples care... it's just not right
If those unhealthy people can't get coverage, then you'll be paying for them indirectly through higher premiums.

And it will be worse when they have to use Emergency Rooms for their basic care.

And it will be even worse when they don't get basic preventive/diagnostic care and their conditions and medical needs end up being more severe.

So we'll be paying for 'em. If they're too sick to qualify, we'll be paying for 'em. If they can't afford it, we'll be paying for 'em.

That's just basic business economics.
The concept of paying into a pool is flawed to the core… It will always be abused by the deadbeats. Fact
That doesn't change my point, not by one dollar.

The GOP plan has been "let them die" for decades. Even Trump calls it "mean". But seriously, what can you expect from people who admire a criminal like Putin and elect a lying and avowed pu$$y grabber to be both president and role model for their children. Who has caused more damage to this country? al Qaeda, Isis or the GOP? Remember, the WTC was only two buildings. The GOP tricked us into Iraq, passed the greatest redistribution of wealth from the middle class and poor to the super wealthy in the history of the world. And is now secretly working on a plan that would ruin the lives of millions of Americans. It was bad enough thousands died died for no reason in Iraq. But now they are aiming for hundreds of thousands with their Satanic and mean spirited healthcare bill.

And then you have those right here on the USMB screaming "But that's not true!" Only what's not true? It's recent history. Everyone knows it. It can't be denied. And they work desperately hiding behind "But the Democrats blah blah blah".

But why does the GOP base keep voting for them? Because these liberals are so scary. Those awful liberals want people to have an education, healthcare, good jobs, voting rights, equality, equal pay and so on. The exact opposite of everything GOP. That's why they can't come together. How do you tell a murderer and his victim to "work it out"? This country is the victim. You know what role the GOP has.

The GOP plan has been "let them die" for decades. Even Trump calls it "mean". But seriously, what can you expect from people who admire a criminal like Putin and elect a lying and avowed pu$$y grabber to be both president and role model for their children. Who has caused more damage to this country? al Qaeda, Isis or the GOP? Remember, the WTC was only two buildings. The GOP tricked us into Iraq, passed the greatest redistribution of wealth from the middle class and poor to the super wealthy in the history of the world. And is now secretly working on a plan that would ruin the lives of millions of Americans. It was bad enough thousands died died for no reason in Iraq. But now they are aiming for hundreds of thousands with their Satanic and mean spirited healthcare bill.

And then you have those right here on the USMB screaming "But that's not true!" Only what's not true? It's recent history. Everyone knows it. It can't be denied. And they work desperately hiding behind "But the Democrats blah blah blah".

But why does the GOP base keep voting for them? Because these liberals are so scary. Those awful liberals want people to have an education, healthcare, good jobs, voting rights, equality, equal pay and so on. The exact opposite of everything GOP. That's why they can't come together. How do you tell a murderer and his victim to "work it out"? This country is the victim. You know what role the GOP has.
Let them die might be the best answer. We can't continually take from those who produce to give to those who don't, eventually we'll run out of producers. Maybe we would be better off without Medical. We meaning our country. The sick sap our resources that could be better used somewhere else. If people don't produce enough to pay for their own medical care, maybe they shouldn't get any. It' isn't profitable throwing money at a entity, that cost more than it produces.

Has it ever dawned on you the more government gets involved the more expensive free stuff becomes?
Only lousy management does that, and blames Labor as the least wealthy under our form of Capitalism.

Should we get, Boss and Ding involved, to help us compete better with the rest of the First World, instead of simply, "making ourselves feel good" by comparing our economy to third world economies.

Are you implying the right wing had eight years of nothing but obstruction and repeal, instead of the fine and wonderful, capital solution they should have, with eight years of planning potential.

But since the Dims are 100% responsible for shitty Obamacare should they not put forth a plan to fix it? So where is the Dim plan?

Why should the GOP be responsible for cleaning up a Dim mess?
They had nothing but obstruction and repeal; why did the right wing not have AnyThing, but obstruction and repeal, for eight years.

They got shut out of the Obamacare decision......and that's a fact. Then Obama lectured them about elections having "consequences."

So the Dims got what they deserved which is why they lost the House....The Senate......The White House....the Supreme Court.....and about 1,000 State House seats.

Only lousy management does that, and blames Labor as the least wealthy under our form of Capitalism.
Nobody does lousy management better than the government.

all the RW's in congress did was rail about Obama not giving them time to read the bill, so what do they do, didnt give the RW's time to read the bill.

clown show 101

Healthy people better not be paying for unhealthy peoples care... it's just not right

I paid out of my paychecks my whole lie for the past generations social security and medicare , you are already paying Rustic...

I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here, and I'm gonna guess that, after this fabulous plan is introduced, we're STILL going to have SEVEN (7) different delivery/payment systems in place, NONE of which coordinate or communicate directly with each other:

1. Group
2. Individual
3. Medicare
4. Medicaid
5. VA
6. Worker's Comp
7. Indigent

Because having a bunch of different systems within ONE system is ALWAYS gonna be efficient and cost effective!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:spinner:

Forum List

Back