The Grammy Awards Shows Us What Democrats Have Become

Lol. The Grammies isn't about talent. It's about what's popular amongst the teenagers. :D I mean really, Happy? Pharell Williams? Okay. His music is "happy" but the talent is mediocre at best. I'm being generous. :D

Hey, it's a catchy tune and a happy tune, but he is a very talented person? I don't think so. Now Annie Lennox, OTOH, Wow! Impressive natural ability and talent up the wa-hoo. :lol: The reason why she stole the show and all the musicians were impressed.

Didn't Beck win album of the year? I'm betting most teenagers don't even know who Beck is, let alone that he had a new album out.
Devil's Haircut in My Mind...

People still complain about Madonna's antics? What is this? The 90's?
More like the 1980's....

Madonna is STILL making music. http://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-releases-six-songs-from-new-rebel-heart-album She has longevity on her side. :D
I preferred he when she had hairy armpits and legs....

What? Lol. When was THAT? I don't ever remember seeing Madonna with hairy legs or armpits. Perhaps you should reread your post too. :lol:
It was right after she came back from Europe

People still complain about Madonna's antics? What is this? The 90's?
More like the 1980's....

Madonna is STILL making music. http://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-releases-six-songs-from-new-rebel-heart-album She has longevity on her side. :D

What? Lol. When was THAT? I don't ever remember seeing Madonna with hairy legs or armpits. Perhaps you should reread your post too. :lol:

:dunno: Don't know anything about her personal grooming habits. I don't really judge musicians on that criteria anyway. Does it interfere with her singing? :D

What entertains a people is a direct reflection of their society.

We've gone from Lucy & Ricky in separate beds to close-ups of people vomiting & defecating.

And we're told by some people that it's no big deal; obviously these people are enabling it.

We're in decay, gang, I don't know what turns this around.

That 50s style entertainment was tightly censored for content, nothing is shocking these days but it is possible to self-censor with TV ratings.
Looks like the RWNJs are calling for a return to tight censorship. Though I doubt seriously Madonna's butt was shown on the TV.

Lol. The Grammies isn't about talent. It's about what's popular amongst the teenagers. :D I mean really, Happy? Pharell Williams? Okay. His music is "happy" but the talent is mediocre at best. I'm being generous. :D

Hey, it's a catchy tune and a happy tune, but he is a very talented person? I don't think so. Now Annie Lennox, OTOH, Wow! Impressive natural ability and talent up the wa-hoo. :lol: The reason why she stole the show and all the musicians were impressed.

Didn't Beck win album of the year? I'm betting most teenagers don't even know who Beck is, let alone that he had a new album out.

Beck is an amazing and highly prolific musician. It is safe to say that I am a big fan and his new album is also very good. Sea Changes is my least favorite b/c it is a little slow and my absolute favorite is Midnight Vultures b/c it reminds me of Prince.

More like the 1980's....

:dunno: Don't know anything about her personal grooming habits. I don't really judge musicians on that criteria anyway. Does it interfere with her singing? :D
Not that I know of...

Great song.

This is my personal favorite.

I was 19 when this album dropped. Ugh, I am getting old. Boo!

Great song.

I was in my 40's, don't get old...

Who cares about the Grammies..

I have not watched them since they gave Jethro Tull the Grammy:

Great song.

I was in my 40's, don't get old...

I am working on it but it seems to be losing battle. lol.

Looks like the RWNJs are calling for a return to tight censorship.
Obviously you can't tell an independent from a "RWNJ", so I'll try to keep this simple.

Show me where I'm calling for "a return to tight censorship".

What I clearly said was that our entertainment is a refection of our culture. That's it.

Is that too complicated , or is it that you incapable of being honest?

Never mind, I know the answer to that.

Looks like the RWNJs are calling for a return to tight censorship.
Obviously you can't tell an independent from a "RWNJ", so I'll try to keep this simple.

Show me where I'm calling for "a return to tight censorship".

What I clearly said was that our entertainment is a refection of our culture. That's it.

Is that too complicated , or is it that you incapable of being honest?

Never mind, I know the answer to that.

So all the peep shows, exhibitionists, dirty postcards back in the olden days weren't a reflection of our culture somehow?

:rolleyes:

We've gone from Lucy & Ricky in separate beds to close-ups of people vomiting & defecating.

And we're told by some people that it's no big deal; obviously these people are enabling it.

Ricky was a drunk and Lucy divorced him,,,some reflection....
...which is evidently some kind of admission that you feel that people literally shitting & barfing on television for entertainment represents no social decay whatsoever.

Is that what your deflection is saying?

What shows are you watching? I've never seen anyone shitting on television. I have seen barfing a few times but it hasn't been for the shock value. Walt vomited a few times on Breaking Bad due to his chemotherapy and Nate vomited on Six Feet Under due to an AVM.

Beck is an amazing and highly prolific musician. It is safe to say that I am a big fan and his new album is also very good. Sea Changes is my least favorite b/c it is a little slow and my absolute favorite is Midnight Vultures b/c it reminds me of Prince.

I don't know who "Beck" is. Is this the Beck we're talking about? :lol: I know this song by Beck, that's it.

It's a politically motivated decay. Understanding this basic fact would be the first step in turning it around. A strong, independent people cannot be ruled from the top. We were once a strong and independent people. The drive to change this is calculated to achieve a goal.

Ricky was a drunk and Lucy divorced him,,,some reflection....
...which is evidently some kind of admission that you feel that people literally shitting & barfing on television for entertainment represents no social decay whatsoever.

Is that what your deflection is saying?

What shows are you watching? I've never seen anyone shitting on television. I have seen barfing a few times but it hasn't been for the shock value. Walt vomited a few times on Breaking Bad due to his chemotherapy and Nate vomited on Six Feet Under due to an AVM.
He maybe referring to the Tosh.0 show on Comedy Central

I don't know who "Beck" is. Is this the Beck we're talking about? :lol: I know this song by Beck, that's it.

When he first came out, I thought it was Jeff Beck, better know for Bridge of Sieges...

Forum List

Back