The Great Advantage of the Left.

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. In addition to offering all sorts of benefits from the federal fisc, the Left has the GREAT advantage of never having to reflect morality or even respectability. The obvious case in point is their championing of a rapist and personification of a 'war on women,' Bill Clinton.

2. Then, there the more recent affront to righteousness....support for an individual who would not support even minimal life-saving procedures for a child born of a failed abortion.
3. We on the Right find it difficult to simply march on and overlook moral turpitude, much less embrace same.

4. Mark Sanford is a case in point. This former Republican governor of South Carolina carried on an affair while in office. He lied to his wife and to voters,..." He resigned as chairman of the Republican Governors' Association but did not offer to resign as governor."
South Carolina governor Mark Sanford admits infidelity and resigns from Republican leadership position | World news | guardian.co.uk

6.For many on the Right, nominally the upholders of family values, voting for this....individual...was out of the question.

7. But the choice was put to us in this fashion: the push by the Democrats is to control all of the government, and Sanford's election to the House would be a bar to that.

8. And the Left followed the instructions of their guru, Saul Alinsky, who correctly stated:
"For example, since the Haves publicly pose as the custodians of responsibility, morality, law, and justice (which are frequently strangers to each others), they can be constantly pushed to live up to their own book of morality and regulations. No organizations, including organized religion, can live up to the letter of its own book. You can club them to death with their "book" of rules and regulations. This is what that great revolutionary, Paul of Tarsus, knew when he wrote to the Corinthians: "Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit, for the letter killeth." -- Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, P.152
Archived-Articles: The Totalitarian Minority

9. For many, the decision was made:
"Sanford, however, handily won the Republican primary for the House of Representatives seat he held in the 1990s before he was elected governor. And his victory in Tuesday’s South Carolina special general electionshows just how far political redemption can stretch." Mark Sanford?s political redemption

10. I wish I could say the choice was easy, or even made. I remain conflicted.

7. But the choice was put to us in this fashion: the push by the Democrats is to control all of the government, and Sanford's election to the House would be a bar to that.

So the conservative justification for supporting Sanford is that politics trumps morality?

funny

1. In addition to offering all sorts of benefits from the federal fisc, the Left has the GREAT advantage of never having to reflect morality or even respectability. The obvious case in point is their championing of a rapist and personification of a 'war on women,' Bill Clinton.

2. Then, there the more recent affront to righteousness....support for an individual who would not support even minimal life-saving procedures for a child born of a failed abortion.
3. We on the Right find it difficult to simply march on and overlook moral turpitude, much less embrace same.

4. Mark Sanford is a case in point. This former Republican governor of South Carolina carried on an affair while in office. He lied to his wife and to voters,..." He resigned as chairman of the Republican Governors' Association but did not offer to resign as governor."
South Carolina governor Mark Sanford admits infidelity and resigns from Republican leadership position | World news | guardian.co.uk

6.For many on the Right, nominally the upholders of family values, voting for this....individual...was out of the question.

8. And the Left followed the instructions of their guru, Saul Alinsky, who correctly stated:
"For example, since the Haves publicly pose as the custodians of responsibility, morality, law, and justice (which are frequently strangers to each others), they can be constantly pushed to live up to their own book of morality and regulations. No organizations, including organized religion, can live up to the letter of its own book. You can club them to death with their "book" of rules and regulations. This is what that great revolutionary, Paul of Tarsus, knew when he wrote to the Corinthians: "Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit, for the letter killeth." -- Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, P.152

"Sanford, however, handily won the Republican primary for the House of Representatives seat he held in the 1990s before he was elected governor. And his victory in Tuesday’s South Carolina special general electionshows just how far political redemption can stretch." Mark Sanford?s political redemption

Guess Sanford couldnt get a real job or something. Now I know this country went straight to hell by re-electing him, I expected this crap from the Democrats, but not the Republican voters.

So the conservative justification for supporting Sanford is that politics trumps morality?

funny

Isn't that why abortion is legal?

funny

Isn't that why abortion is legal?

Hester Prynne got her scarlett letter in a society where abortion was legal.

Explain that.

funny

1. It is satisfying to notice that you haven't denied that the Progressive/Liberal/Democrat/Leftist has no morality to defend.

2. As is usual, based on your ability to process information, or, perhaps I should say, your limited ability to process information, you fail to realize that your post supports the OP.
Your instructor, Saul Alinsky said:

" No organizations, including organized religion, can live up to the letter of its own book. You can club them to death with their "book"...
And, I agreed that he is correct. It is the essence of the OP.

3. Nor has this not been noted by other thinkers....

"Our ideals resemble the stars, which illuminate the night. NO one will ever be able to touch them. But the men, who, like the sailors on the ocean, take them for guidelines, will undoubtedly reach their goal."
Carl Schurz

We, on the Right attempt to live up to our ideals, our values....and, admittedly, don't always achieve such.

The point of the OP is just that, and the fact that you, on the Left, have no values to live up to.

4. It should not go without mention that Alinsky, who inspired Barack Obama, dedicated his book as follows:

" “Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

5. Here is another quote, from quite a different book, also apropos:
"The path
of the righteous man is beset on
all sides by the inequities of the
selfish and the tyranny of evil
men. Blessed is he who, in the
name of charity and good will,
shepherds the weak through the
valley of darkness, for he is truly
his brother's keeper and the finder
of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those
who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Ezekiel 25:17

funny

1. It is satisfying to notice that you haven't denied that the Progressive/Liberal/Democrat/Leftist has no morality to defend.

2. As is usual, based on your ability to process information, or, perhaps I should say, your limited ability to process information, you fail to realize that your post supports the OP.

" No organizations, including organized religion, can live up to the letter of its own book. You can club them to death with their "book"...

"Our ideals resemble the stars, which illuminate the night. NO one will ever be able to touch them. But the men, who, like the sailors on the ocean, take them for guidelines, will undoubtedly reach their goal."
Carl Schurz

We, on the Right attempt to live up to our ideals, our values....and, admittedly, don't always achieve such.

The point of the OP is just that, and the fact that you, on the Left, have no values to live up to.

4. It should not go without mention that Alinsky, who inspired Barack Obama, dedicated his book as follows:

" “Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

"The path
of lost children.

Your communication skills are atrocious.

Notice how I only needed to 5 words to make that point?

You need diet and exercise.

You should put your verbosity on a diet, and try to exercise your ability to be succinct.

If we could all agree that neither the left nor the right has any claim to superiority on the moral high ground,

then we could all move on.

I have had 3 opportunities to vote for Hillary Clinton, and I have not,

because of her unrepentant support for the disaster of Iraq.

That is how it's done, people.

funny

Carl Schurz

"The path
of lost children.

Your communication skills are atrocious.

Notice how I only needed to 5 words to make that point?

You need diet and exercise.

You should put your verbosity on a diet, and try to exercise your ability to be succinct.

I have no desire for concision, but instead, post only the truth.

What I notice is that you have no response to the post that you pretend to understand,and to which you are ostensibly responding.

Is it merely my impression that pretense and prevarication are your most common modes?
You need, it appears, few words to lie.

1 - I find it telling that the people of South Carolina, being so opposed to Obama's agenda elected a man as flawed as Sanford is.

2 - When a party openly supports and honors men who have murdered women, raped women, had affairs with women young enough to be their daughters, had prostitution rings ran out of their homes, broke the tax laws they wrote, lied under oath, and got caught with bribe money in their freezers, then you know they have no room to talk about members of the other party not living up their goals.

Lessons learned:
1. Power trumps morality.
2. Politics trumps morality.
3. Party trumps morality.

Looks like it was as I had always suspected. Republicans talk about morality and family values, but it is mostly window dressing designed to get rubes to vote for them. In reality, they are no more or less moral than anybody else. Everyone can safely ignore their claims of moral superiority. It's all BS.

Lessons learned:

Looks like it was as I had always suspected. Republicans talk about morality and family values, but it is mostly window dressing designed to get rubes to vote for them. In reality, they are no more or less moral than anybody else. Everyone can safely ignore their claims of moral superiority. It's all BS.

I've seen your posts....and they leave little doubt that you have not even the most tensile association with learning of any kind.

You should stick to your 'strengths'....Try out for the javelin retrieval team.

"South Carolina governor Mark Sanford admits infidelity and resigns from Republican leadership position" ... and is now the most recent Standard Bearer for Tea Party Republicans - carry on 2014.

"South Carolina governor Mark Sanford admits infidelity and resigns from Republican leadership position" ... and is now the most recent Standard Bearer for Tea Party Republicans - carry on 2014.

Possibly you missed reading the OP.

Either that, or you failed to understand it.

Lessons learned:

Considering that you support that party that supported Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Barney Franks, Rangel, Dodd, Byrd, Lee, Boxer, and others.... You really have no room to talk.

Lessons learned:

I've seen your posts....and they leave little doubt that you have not even the most tensile association with learning of any kind.

You should stick to your 'strengths'....Try out for the javelin retrieval team.

Your posts are all the same too. You are a legend in your own mind. You put out these lengthy, multipoint, mostly unsupported diatribes. If people take the time to read through and respond to every point, you just throw out some snippy put down or insult. In fact if anyone dares disagree with you on any point, they are given this treatment.

funny

Why would a liberal object to that? It's the Democrat modus operandi

Forum List

Back