The Great Power Outage of 2015 :)

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
NEW INFORMATION all 3 areas restored in sizeable power outage in southeast Springfield Local - KY3.com

Yesterday evening around 10-11pm (ya never note the time until the lights go out) high gusty winds knocked down a tree taking out power lines, and the lights went out. In my 15 or so years here we're had the occasional apartment building-only outage, but this was much more widespread. The businesses nearby were dark, streetlights, everything within sight was dark. Joked with a neighbor "too bad it's cloudy, be great for stargazing." :) Of course, as the outage went on I noticed how the parts of the city with power were casting so much light pollution up to the clouds it was providing a fair amount of light so while it was darker, it wasn't so dark ya could walk around. And at least it was warmish :) Finally turned in figuring they'll come back on when they come back on, and waiting for it was silly. :) By the time I woke up they were back on (or I wouldn't be here not having any portable tech.)

Looking at news coverage this morning, much more was out than I'd thought (judging by the light pollution off the clouds.)

cupmap-jpg.jpg

Some of the sillier things you overhear from neighbors during events like power outages:

- "Is the power out?"

No, we just all turned everything off for Earth Day. :)

Forum List

Back