The Gun Violence Archive lies about mass public shootings in the U.S.

Um, yeah, and it would be nice if those laws were enforced other than, "not at all."

Oh, I agree, the police don't protect everyone equally... But still, someone like that girl who got left out in the desert became a national story while other people... not so much.

White Women in Peril... it still sells. It's the problem with news as entertainment.

Nope, don't agree with that at all. If you make it hard to get guns, hold gun sellers accountable, the guns to the criminal element will dry up. It's why you don't have these kinds of problems in Europe or Japan.

Again, bullshit.

Two things happen when we have a mass shooting like that.
1) Everyone in that person's life knew he was crazy for years.
2) He had no problem getting a gun anyway.

Take Joker Holmes. He was in the midst of a psychological breakdown. His family knew it. His university was in the process of disenrolling him. Yet he had no problem walking into a gun store, getting an AR-15 and a 100 round magazine.
Um, yeah. It would be helpful if the left would enforce the law. They don't. The left is focused on protecting their entitled criminal class while ignoring the safety of law-abiding citizens. That's why the leftist DOJ, FBI. etc., are corrupt to the core under the Biden fascists.

Those incidents are so incredibly rare to be meaningless.
Japan isn't a police state, we are.
We lock up 2 million people and the police gun down children in the street.
Japan locks up 49,000 people and it's considered a scandal if cops even pull their guns from their holsters.

Uh, here's the thing. These events aren't rare, they happen much too often.
After 9/11, we put a bunch of security measures in place to make air travel safe, even though hijackings are much rarer than mass shootings.

We still have to take off our shoes because 20 years ago, some nitwit lit his shoes on fire. We still have to undergo body scans because some idiot put C-4 in his underwear.

But after each mass shooting at a school, a theater, or a parade, we get the usual "thoughts and prayers" bullshit. Because the Founding slave rapists decided that crazy people have a right to military grade weapons because Militias or something.

Click, click, whirr... standard rant about Democrats... click whirr... Seriously, man get some new material.

Japanese police can search you whenever they want without cause...and they can also just search your home at anytime they want.....if the arrest you you have a 99% chqnce of being found guilty and they can coerce confessions and deny you access to lawyers.....the judges also side with the prosecution .......you dont know what you are talking about.

I lnow that since you vitw for the political party actually created by the "slave rapists," you have to deflect..."

Japan..the actual police state...

Joe hates American police...but thinks the Japanese police system is just peachy..........

Japan: Gun Control and People Control

Japan's low crime rate has almost nothing to do with gun control, and everything to do with people control. Americans, used to their own traditions of freedom, would not accept Japan's system of people controls and gun controls.

Robbery in Japan is about as rare as murder. Japan's annual robbery rate is 1.8 per 100,000 inhabitants; America's is 205.4. Do the gun banners have the argument won when they point to these statistics? No, they don't. A realistic examination of Japanese culture leads to the conclusion that gun control has little, if anything, to do with Japan's low crime rates. Japan's lack of crime is more the result of the very extensive powers of the Japanese police, and the distinctive relation of the Japanese citizenry to authority. Further, none of the reasons which have made gun control succeed in Japan (in terms of disarming citizens) exist in the U.S.

The Japanese criminal justice system bears more heavily on a suspect than any other system in an industrial democratic nation. One American found this out when he was arrested in Okinawa for possessing marijuana: he was interrogated for days without an attorney, and signed a confession written in Japanese that he could not read. He met his lawyer for the first time at his trial, which took 30 minutes.

Unlike in the United States, where the Miranda rule limits coercive police interrogation techniques, Japanese police and prosecutors may detain a suspect indefinitely until he confesses. (Technically, detentions are only allowed for three days, followed by ten day extensions approved by a judge, but defense attorneys rarely oppose the extension request, for fear of offending the prosecutor.) Bail is denied if it would interfere with interrogation.

Even after interrogation is completed, pretrial detention may continue on a variety of pretexts, such as preventing the defendant from destroying evidence. Criminal defense lawyers are the only people allowed to visit a detained suspect, and those meetings are strictly limited.

Partly as a result of these coercive practices, and partly as a result of the Japanese sense of shame, the confession rate is 95%.

For those few defendants who dare to go to trial, there is no jury. Since judges almost always defer to the prosecutors' judgment, the trial conviction rate for violent crime is 99.5%.
Of those convicted, 98% receive jail time.

In short, once a Japanese suspect is apprehended, the power of the prosecutor makes it very likely the suspect will go to jail. And the power of the policeman makes it quite likely that a criminal will be apprehended.

The police routinely ask "suspicious" characters to show what is in their purse or sack. In effect, the police can search almost anyone, almost anytime, because courts only rarely exclude evidence seized by the police -- even if the police acted illegally.

The most important element of police power, though, is not authority to search, but authority in the community. Like school teachers, Japanese policemen rate high in public esteem, especially in the countryside. Community leaders and role models, the police are trained in calligraphy and Haiku composition. In police per capita, Japan far outranks all other major democracies.

15,000 koban "police boxes" are located throughout the cities. Citizens go to the 24-hour-a-day boxes not only for street directions, but to complain about day-to-day problems, such as noisy neighbors, or to ask advice on how to raise children. Some of the policemen and their families live in the boxes. Police box officers clear 74.6% of all criminal cases cleared. Police box officers also spend time teaching neighborhood youth judo or calligraphy. The officers even hand- write their own newspapers, with information about crime and accidents, "stories about good deeds by children, and opinions of
residents."

The police box system contrasts sharply with the practice in America. Here, most departments adopt a policy of "stranger policing." To prevent corruption, police are frequently rotated from one neighborhood to another. But as federal judge Charles Silberman writes, "the cure is worse than the disease, for officers develop no sense of identification with their beats, hence no emotional stake in improving the quality of life there."

Thus, the U.S. citizenry does not develop a supportive relationship with the police. One poll showed that 60% of police officers believe "it is difficult to persuade people to give patrolmen the information they need."

The Japanese police do not spend all their time in the koban boxes. As the Japanese government puts it: "Home visit is one of the most important duties of officers assigned to police boxes." Making annual visits to each home in their beat, officers keep track of who lives where, and which family member to contact in case of emergency. The police also check on all gun licensees, to make sure no gun has been stolen or misused, that the gun is securely stored, and that the licensees are emotionally stable.

Gun banners might rejoice at a society where the police keep such a sharp eye on citizens' guns. But the price is that the police keep an eye on everything.

Policemen are apt to tell people reading sexually-oriented magazines to read something more worthwhile. Japan's major official year-end police report includes statistics like "Background and Motives for Girls' Sexual Misconduct." In 1985, the police determined that 37.4% of the girls had been seduced, and the rest had had sex "voluntarily." For the volunteers, 19.6% acted "out of curiosity", while for 18.1%, the motive was "liked particular boy." The year-end police report also includes sections on labor demands, and on anti-nuclear or anti-military demonstrations.

Again, bullshit.

Two things happen when we have a mass shooting like that.
1) Everyone in that person's life knew he was crazy for years.
2) He had no problem getting a gun anyway.

Take Joker Holmes. He was in the midst of a psychological breakdown. His family knew it. His university was in the process of disenrolling him. Yet he had no problem walking into a gun store, getting an AR-15 and a 100 round magazine.

I don't think anyone disagrees that the above situation happens. However, statistically, the above scenarios are insignificant data wise. I'm not saying the tragedy is insignificant, because it is not. However, statistically it is small compared to the gang and urban inner city shootings. The data is there.
Joe, I think you're reasonable enough to understand that there is no perfect solution. The 2nd amendment allows for the citizens to carry for protection, foreign and domestic and against tyrannical gov't. I'm for proper gun ownership, storage, background checks, and training. At the end of the day, there will be no way to solve the issues of mental breakdowns and moments of mental instability that lead to those unfortunate events. The only logical outcome is to ban them entirely.

I don't think anyone disagrees that the above situation happens. However, statistically, the above scenarios are insignificant data wise. I'm not saying the tragedy is insignificant, because it is not. However, statistically it is small compared to the gang and urban inner city shootings. The data is there.
Joe, I think you're reasonable enough to understand that there is no perfect solution. The 2nd amendment allows for the citizens to carry for protection, foreign and domestic and against tyrannical gov't. I'm for proper gun ownership, storage, background checks, and training. At the end of the day, there will be no way to solve the issues of mental breakdowns and moments of mental instability that lead to those unfortunate events. The only logical outcome is to ban them entirely.

Joe is not reasonable...in any way, shape or form.......

Joe is not reasonable...in any way, shape or form.......
Agreed. I think he has some flawed trait where he loves to argue, just for the sake of arguing, even to the point that he will argue points that he even agrees with. I envision a single, white, balding, overweight, upper middle age man, sitting in his small apartment/town home, alone. Alone because of his own doing. I do believe he's intelligent, but something has made him angry and bitter. I wonder if his former military background has something to do with his current disposition and outlook.

Agreed. I think he has some flawed trait where he loves to argue, just for the sake of arguing, even to the point that he will argue points that he even agrees with. I envision a single, white, balding, overweight, upper middle age man, sitting in his small apartment/town home, alone. Alone because of his own doing. I do believe he's intelligent, but something has made him angry and bitter. I wonder if his former military background has something to do with his current disposition and outlook.

Reasonable joe can be found on other threads talking about non-political issues....though sometimes he just can't help himself even there...try movies as a topic......he can be normal in those threads

Um, yeah. It would be helpful if the left would enforce the law. They don't. The left is focused on protecting their entitled criminal class while ignoring the safety of law-abiding citizens. That's why the leftist DOJ, FBI. etc., are corrupt to the core under the Biden fascists.
Crime is actually lower now than it was under the last year of Trump..

In addition to the homicide decline, the CCJ study documented drops in two other violent crimes in 2022: Gun assaults fell 7% (11 cities) and aggravated assaults declined 3.5% (19 cities) compared to 2021 levels. Robbery counts, however, traveled in the opposite direction. Robberies began to increase near the end of 2021, and by the end of 2022 there were 4,143 more robberies in 31 of the study cities—a 5.5% increase over the number in 2021. Still, the number of robberies remains 4% lower than pre-pandemic levels in 2019.

The CCJ analysis also shows that drug crimes fell by 2% in 2022 (19 cities), domestic violence incidents dropped by nearly 5% (11 cities), and residential burglaries also declined, by 2% (16 cities). Other acquisitive crimes, however, increased last year, including nonresidential burglaries (+11% in 16 cities) and larcenies (+8% in 29 cities).

99% of all "mass shootings" in the US are druggies and gang bangers shooting it out.

Wow, really?

Okay, I'm single but Getting married in September. I'm bald, but I've talked about that. Obviously, I"m white. Duh.

Now, since I've hurt your feelings and before you join my legion of stalkers, let me set you straight on a few things.

From 1980 to 2008, I was actually pretty Republican, and found myself on other debate boards trying to explain away the ineptitude of guys like Geo. W. Bush. Then in 2008, I found myself with an underwater mortgage, a reduction in pay and a busted 401K. And when I found myself saying, "Um, hey, guys, maybe we should rethink this, the crazies just kept going on about how we needed more religion in our politics. And guns. Lots and lots of guns.

Then Obama got elected, and you guys completely lost your shit, and haven't found it since.

I'm not angry. I made really good money last year, I'm happy where I am living and I have a great lady in my life. But I am a patriot, and when I see right wing assholes smearing feces on the walls of Congress and acting like they did nothing wrong, I have to wonder about you guys.

Wow, really?

Okay, I'm single but Getting married in September. I'm bald, but I've talked about that. Obviously, I"m white. Duh.

Now, since I've hurt your feelings and before you join my legion of stalkers, let me set you straight on a few things.

From 1980 to 2008, I was actually pretty Republican, and found myself on other debate boards trying to explain away the ineptitude of guys like Geo. W. Bush. Then in 2008, I found myself with an underwater mortgage, a reduction in pay and a busted 401K. And when I found myself saying, "Um, hey, guys, maybe we should rethink this, the crazies just kept going on about how we needed more religion in our politics. And guns. Lots and lots of guns.

Then Obama got elected, and you guys completely lost your shit, and haven't found it since.

I'm not angry. I made really good money last year, I'm happy where I am living and I have a great lady in my life. But I am a patriot, and when I see right wing assholes smearing feces on the walls of Congress and acting like they did nothing wrong, I have to wonder about you guys.
The problem, that is illogical, is you use the same tactics of lumping everyone into the same boat. Your method of discourse represents someone that is completely soured and void of reason.
What happened to you (and I really have no reason to believe you or not to believe you since we can basically say anything we want online) that's terrible, but you weren't the only one. I know lots of people that were hit by the housing crash. Those that were, actually bought homes they weren't financially capable of buying. I know the market hurt home values, but they did rebound. 401Ks did take a hit. But they rebounded.

Don't limit ineptitude to one side of the political isle. I know you're smart than that.

I didn't care that Obama got elected. Yes "the crazies" said all kinds of shit, birth certificates, anti-christ, you name it. But after 8 years, most everyone could say that there day to day lives were barely changed. The same could be said about Trump's term, and the same will be said about Biden's term.

But not everyone who is financially conservative and leans on the constitution is "crazy". Stop throwing the baby out with the bath water. I like to believe that I am very middle. Financially and economically conservative. But I understand that capitalism does have its vices. But it is still the only economic mechanism that allows an individual the ability to wake up everyday and if they don't like their situation, they can do something about it. Personal freedom and choice. Limited Gov't. Limits on taxation
I believe that the LGBTQ community should have equal human rights to love whom they wish and marry as they wish. But I think they are taking their identity agenda too far and are turning into another form of lynching anyone that doesn't agree with them. I don't agree how they are attempting to refine biological science.

I could go on and on where there is an absolute middle ground where reasonable and intellectual discourse can happen. But too many (and Joe i don't want to put you in the same box but you kind of put yourself in it) will aline with parties lines regardless of the logical outcomes when you know what is the better course.

Tell you what, slick, next time some second amendment enthusiast goes through a school, you be the one to tell their parents that it was "statistically insignificant." Also, fuck you.

Joe, I think you're reasonable enough to understand that there is no perfect solution.

Uh, there's a perfectly reasonable solution. Do what Germany does. You can have a gun, but ONLY after you've been seriously vetted by the government. Me, personally, I'd like laws like the UK and Japan, but I'm willing to be "reasonable".

The 2nd amendment allows for the citizens to carry for protection, foreign and domestic and against tyrannical gov't.
Ah, the Stupid reason and the crazy reason.

First a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy. So that reason is stupid.

The crazy reason is thinking you can take on the government with your guns. The government has tanks and bombers. Also, who gets to decide when the government is "Tyrannical"? Also, how many cops and government workers just doing their jobs are you fixin' to shoot? Asking for a friend.

I'm for proper gun ownership, storage, background checks, and training.

We don't have that. Nowhere near. I compare how easy it was for me to get a FOID card, and it was a joke. Compare that to how I got a mortgage or my last job. Lo and behold, they actually did proper background checks.

But here's the thing. Joker Holmes and Awake the Rapper were able to buy guns, despite being batshit crazy.

At the end of the day, there will be no way to solve the issues of mental breakdowns and moments of mental instability that lead to those unfortunate events. The only logical outcome is to ban them entirely.
Works for me. No good reason for civilians to own guns to start with because a bunch of slave owners couldn't define a militia properly.

Tell you what, slick, next time some second amendment enthusiast goes through a school, you be the one to tell their parents that it was "statistically insignificant." Also, fuck you.

That's all I need to read. You're angry man, angry at the world for where you're at. Have fun, sitting in your apartment bitching on the internet.

The problem, that is illogical, is you use the same tactics of lumping everyone into the same boat. Your method of discourse represents someone that is completely soured and void of reason.
Or just someone who has no tolerance for fools. I guess I don't take a lot of time to parse the level of crazy on this board, because life is, well, too short.
What happened to you (and I really have no reason to believe you or not to believe you since we can basically say anything we want online) that's terrible, but you weren't the only one. I know lots of people that were hit by the housing crash. Those that were, actually bought homes they weren't financially capable of buying. I know the market hurt home values, but they did rebound. 401Ks did take a hit. But they rebounded.

Mine didn't rebound until a couple of years ago. But you miss the point... The whole design of the GOP is to bring up this Gun God and Gays bullshit to keep stupid white working class people voting against their own economic interests, and I did it for years, to be honest.

I would LOVE to say I turned on Bush after he lied us into Iraq, or let all those poor people drown in NOLA. But, nope, I had to wait until his criminal incompetence hit me personally. Shame on me.

Don't limit ineptitude to one side of the political isle. I know you're smart than that.

What I know is the worst thing we had to worry about during Clinton's term was that he lied about a blow job. The worst thing we had to worry about during Obama's time was he really born here. (He was). Bush's father was a disaster, Bush was a disaster. Trump was a disaster. Although Trump wasn't a disaster for me personally, because I knew he was going to fuck things up did all my planning accordingly.

I didn't care that Obama got elected. Yes "the crazies" said all kinds of shit, birth certificates, anti-christ, you name it. But after 8 years, most everyone could say that there day to day lives were barely changed. The same could be said about Trump's term, and the same will be said about Biden's term.
Oh, I think the million people who died from Trump Plague or the 65 million who lost their jobs during Trump Recession or the thousands of people who lost their businesses during Trump REcession and Trump Riots would say Trump did have an effect on their lives.

But not everyone who is financially conservative and leans on the constitution is "crazy". Stop throwing the baby out with the bath water. I like to believe that I am very middle. Financially and economically conservative. But I understand that capitalism does have its vices. But it is still the only economic mechanism that allows an individual the ability to wake up everyday and if they don't like their situation, they can do something about it. Personal freedom and choice. Limited Gov't. Limits on taxation

OH, I think it's a case of the inmates taking over the asylum.

The "Fiscally conservative" are those who think that the government should favor the investor class over the working class. But the working class would never vote for that. Even Republicans realized that up until Ronnie Ray-gun. Then they realized that if you play on the racial, religious and sexual fears of white people, they will go along with any other shit.
"Hey, my job is going to China!"
"Never mind that, some Tranny is reading a story to your kid!!!"

I believe that the LGBTQ community should have equal human rights to love whom they wish and marry as they wish. But I think they are taking their identity agenda too far and are turning into another form of lynching anyone that doesn't agree with them. I don't agree how they are attempting to refine biological science.

And this is the kind of crazy I am talking about. The sad thing is, Fox News and Hate Radio have you thinking this is true.

I could go on and on where there is an absolute middle ground where reasonable and intellectual discourse can happen. But too many (and Joe i don't want to put you in the same box but you kind of put yourself in it) will aline with parties lines regardless of the logical outcomes when you know what is the better course.
Oh, there are a bunch of things the Democrats are for that I'm largely indifferent to, but they often tend to be the things that they use to get people on the right to keep voting for more plutocracy.

Or just someone who has no tolerance for fools. I guess I don't take a lot of time to parse the level of crazy on this board, because life is, well, too short.

Mine didn't rebound until a couple of years ago. But you miss the point... The whole design of the GOP is to bring up this Gun God and Gays bullshit to keep stupid white working class people voting against their own economic interests, and I did it for years, to be honest.

I would LOVE to say I turned on Bush after he lied us into Iraq, or let all those poor people drown in NOLA. But, nope, I had to wait until his criminal incompetence hit me personally. Shame on me.

What I know is the worst thing we had to worry about during Clinton's term was that he lied about a blow job. The worst thing we had to worry about during Obama's time was he really born here. (He was). Bush's father was a disaster, Bush was a disaster. Trump was a disaster. Although Trump wasn't a disaster for me personally, because I knew he was going to fuck things up did all my planning accordingly.

Oh, I think the million people who died from Trump Plague or the 65 million who lost their jobs during Trump Recession or the thousands of people who lost their businesses during Trump REcession and Trump Riots would say Trump did have an effect on their lives.

OH, I think it's a case of the inmates taking over the asylum.

The "Fiscally conservative" are those who think that the government should favor the investor class over the working class. But the working class would never vote for that. Even Republicans realized that up until Ronnie Ray-gun. Then they realized that if you play on the racial, religious and sexual fears of white people, they will go along with any other shit.
"Hey, my job is going to China!"
"Never mind that, some Tranny is reading a story to your kid!!!"

And this is the kind of crazy I am talking about. The sad thing is, Fox News and Hate Radio have you thinking this is true.

Oh, there are a bunch of things the Democrats are for that I'm largely indifferent to, but they often tend to be the things that they use to get people on the right to keep voting for more plutocracy.

And the same can be said for how the other side of the MSM coin has you believing the same stuff you spout.

Last point I'll make. The two party system is dividing this country in half. There are agendas on both sides, the MSM cherry picks and present to us at times the extremes. However, there is a political middle ground that is not heard. Where true bipartisanship can occur. This forum, and many of the posters are the example of how our two party system is brain washing the populace to believe that there are only two options. Shame on you if you sit blindly on either side. And for some of you anti-religion, okay, so you're god isn't a traditional god, but you've replaced with politics and your party idols. Not sure which is worse actually.

And the same can be said for how the other side of the MSM coin has you believing the same stuff you spout.

Last point I'll make. The two party system is dividing this country in half. There are agendas on both sides, the MSM cherry picks and present to us at times the extremes. However, there is a political middle ground that is not heard. Where true bipartisanship can occur. This forum, and many of the posters are the example of how our two party system is brain washing the populace to believe that there are only two options. Shame on you if you sit blindly on either side. And for some of you anti-religion, okay, so you're god isn't a traditional god, but you've replaced with politics and your party idols. Not sure which is worse actually.

Oh, are you one of those? Those "supposed moderates" who think that everyone is just be OH SO MEAN.

Yeah, Mac1958 was like that, and he just comes off as pompous. As do you.

Oh, are you one of those? Those "supposed moderates" who think that everyone is just be OH SO MEAN.

Yeah, Mac1958 was like that, and he just comes off as pompous. As do you.
Pot meet kettle. So you really feel that the democrats are the only side that has the entire countries best interest at heart?

In addition to the homicide decline, the CCJ study documented drops in two other violent crimes in 2022: Gun assaults fell 7% (11 cities) and aggravated assaults declined 3.5% (19 cities) compared to 2021 levels. Robbery counts, however, traveled in the opposite direction. Robberies began to increase near the end of 2021, and by the end of 2022 there were 4,143 more robberies in 31 of the study cities—a 5.5% increase over the number in 2021. Still, the number of robberies remains 4% lower than pre-pandemic levels in 2019.

The CCJ analysis also shows that drug crimes fell by 2% in 2022 (19 cities), domestic violence incidents dropped by nearly 5% (11 cities), and residential burglaries also declined, by 2% (16 cities). Other acquisitive crimes, however, increased last year, including nonresidential burglaries (+11% in 16 cities) and larcenies (+8% in 29 cities).
Your debilitating TDS has become even worse. BTW, Trump living In your psyche doesn't shield you from the fact that a small crime surge in 2020 was the result of the pandemic.

Can I post some crime figures from leftist run cities?

Pot meet kettle. So you really feel that the democrats are the only side that has the entire countries best interest at heart?
For somebody who claims to be so reasonable and stuff, he certainly doesn't have any negative things to say about democrats.

Once you shoot everyone, you run out of people to shoot....you doofus........

Forum List

Back