The History of the 'Assault Weapon' Hoax.

The "assault weapon" controversy first became a national issue in January 1989, when a career criminal murdered five children at school playground in Stockton, California. The failures of law enforcement before and during that crime—and the media and political failures thereafter—were similar to those related to the recent murders in Parkland, Florida. These failures are part of the reason why school shootings, and other mass attacks, persist in the United States today."

They always want to punish the people who didn't so it. But if gun bans work so well, how did James Brady get shot in the head with a handgun during the 1981 assassination attempt on president Reagan, in a city where handguns had been banned since 1976?

They always want to punish the people who didn't so it. But if gun bans work so well, how did James Brady get shot in the head with a handgun during the 1981 assassination attempt on president Reagan, in a city where handguns had been banned since 1976?
Maybe the shooter was a believer in CCW reciprocity, as you all are.

"The Stockton murderer could have been stopped before he started if the government had enforced existing criminal laws or had used existing laws to commit and provide mental health treatment for a plainly disturbed and imminently dangerous individual. The same has been true for many subsequent mass killers. In an article for the Howard Law Journal, Clayton Cramer I detail other notorious homicides, including mass shootings, that could have been prevented if existing laws had been used to commit and treat people who were well-known to be severely and dangerously mentally ill."

"A decade after Stockton, the law enforcement system failed again at Columbine High School. The year before Columbine, in the spring of 1998, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office had prepared an affidavit to ask for a search warrant for the home of one of the criminals. The affidavit was based on his published death threats on the Internet, and on the discovery—in a park a mile and half from his home—of bombs like the ones that he bragged about making. The fact of the never-executed search was unknown to the public until two years after Columbine, when Sixty Minutes II uncovered the affidavit by using Colorado's Open Record Act. Why the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office dropped the matter remains a mystery. The Office admitted in court that it had shredded many of its Columbine documents".

"A decade after Stockton, the law enforcement system failed again at Columbine High School. The year before Columbine, in the spring of 1998, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office had prepared an affidavit to ask for a search warrant for the home of one of the criminals. The affidavit was based on his published death threats on the Internet, and on the discovery—in a park a mile and half from his home—of bombs like the ones that he bragged about making. The fact of the never-executed search was unknown to the public until two years after Columbine, when Sixty Minutes II uncovered the affidavit by using Colorado's Open Record Act. Why the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office dropped the matter remains a mystery. The Office admitted in court that it had shredded many of its Columbine documents".
I'm not sure if laws have been updated since then, but last weekend people in two states--Maine and New York--were arrested and slapped straight in jail for making Internet death threats about schools. Maybe back then, threats had to be more specific? In Florida, I read that a threat has to be against a specific person, still.
Anyway, it's true we can't expect law enforcement to be our only protector. The courts also serve that function and should be used when the laws tie our hands.

I'm not sure if laws have been updated since then, but last weekend people in two states--Maine and New York--were arrested and slapped straight in jail for making Internet death threats about schools. Maybe back then, threats had to be more specific? In Florida, I read that a threat has to be against a specific person, still.
Anyway, it's true we can't expect law enforcement to be our only protector. The courts also serve that function and should be used when the laws tie our hands.

Unfortunately the basis for basis for all the gun prohibition is the notion that the police is there to protect us,

Excellent troll! Deflect away from the question and play!

Whatever skills I have, I owe to you. A shining role model for being a 100% nuisance hump my leg troll.

Whatever skills I have, I owe to you. A shining role model for being a 100% nuisance hump my leg troll.
Excellent troll! Lies about shooting a deer 30 times and then spins in circles playing like she didn't. Classic regressive liar.

He broke the law...we want an actual law to obey the 2nd Amendment.....

Do you know how heavy a judge is? How do you expect us to carry one with us to explain to criminals why they can't rape, rob and murder us?

Another idiotic troll reply. If Guns were banned, but, for the terminally stupid, there was no legal carry then, perhaps with a few exceptions in certain states.

I think we need a few more shootings at country music festivals.
Be there.

I don't listen to that shit, so no. I imagine Vegas made you nervous though, because you go regularly with your sister-girlfriend to listen to shit songs about pickup trucks, dirt roads, and being a drunk asshole. Amirite?
I've never known you treasonous pos to be right on anything.

Eh, oh well.

oh-crap.jpg

Forum List

Back