The History of the 'Assault Weapon' Hoax.

They always want to punish the people who didn't so it. But if gun bans work so well, how did James Brady get shot in the head with a handgun during the 1981 assassination attempt on president Reagan, in a city where handguns had been banned since 1976?
Maybe the shooter was a believer in CCW reciprocity, as you all are.

"A decade after Stockton, the law enforcement system failed again at Columbine High School. The year before Columbine, in the spring of 1998, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office had prepared an affidavit to ask for a search warrant for the home of one of the criminals. The affidavit was based on his published death threats on the Internet, and on the discovery—in a park a mile and half from his home—of bombs like the ones that he bragged about making. The fact of the never-executed search was unknown to the public until two years after Columbine, when Sixty Minutes II uncovered the affidavit by using Colorado's Open Record Act. Why the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office dropped the matter remains a mystery. The Office admitted in court that it had shredded many of its Columbine documents".
I'm not sure if laws have been updated since then, but last weekend people in two states--Maine and New York--were arrested and slapped straight in jail for making Internet death threats about schools. Maybe back then, threats had to be more specific? In Florida, I read that a threat has to be against a specific person, still.
Anyway, it's true we can't expect law enforcement to be our only protector. The courts also serve that function and should be used when the laws tie our hands.

Do you know how heavy a judge is? How do you expect us to carry one with us to explain to criminals why they can't rape, rob and murder us?
I guess I must have made a point, if that's the best you can do. I've seen similar "emergency" type laws in action and I know how they work. That's why it doesn't scare me. Maybe if some of you had some actual experience with how these things work, it wouldn't scare you so much either. Nothing gets done without a judge's approval, even if he has to get up in the middle of the night to read the petition. That's how it's done.

They always want to punish the people who didn't so it. But if gun bans work so well, how did James Brady get shot in the head with a handgun during the 1981 assassination attempt on president Reagan, in a city where handguns had been banned since 1976?

"A decade after Stockton, the law enforcement system failed again at Columbine High School. The year before Columbine, in the spring of 1998, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office had prepared an affidavit to ask for a search warrant for the home of one of the criminals. The affidavit was based on his published death threats on the Internet, and on the discovery—in a park a mile and half from his home—of bombs like the ones that he bragged about making. The fact of the never-executed search was unknown to the public until two years after Columbine, when Sixty Minutes II uncovered the affidavit by using Colorado's Open Record Act. Why the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office dropped the matter remains a mystery. The Office admitted in court that it had shredded many of its Columbine documents".
I'm not sure if laws have been updated since then, but last weekend people in two states--Maine and New York--were arrested and slapped straight in jail for making Internet death threats about schools. Maybe back then, threats had to be more specific? In Florida, I read that a threat has to be against a specific person, still.
Anyway, it's true we can't expect law enforcement to be our only protector. The courts also serve that function and should be used when the laws tie our hands.

Do you know how heavy a judge is? How do you expect us to carry one with us to explain to criminals why they can't rape, rob and murder us?
I guess I must have made a point, if that's the best you can do. I've seen similar "emergency" type laws in action and I know how they work. That's why it doesn't scare me. Maybe if some of you had some actual experience with how these things work, it wouldn't scare you so much either. Nothing gets done without a judge's approval, even if he has to get up in the middle of the night to read the petition. That's how it's done.
His point is so far away from you it may as well be orbiting Orion. What happened was that you responded with ignorant made up gun banner bullshit and he dropped to your level and replied in a manner that you may actually have understood, if you weren't a media fed puppet.

We saw how they work in Florida........and South Carolina....and Texas......

your gun free zones don't work either...

Forum List

Back