The Hottest Day in History Just Occurred

Manboob:

Based on your vast scientific expertise and knowledge, please tell us exactly what proxies were used. A combination, perhaps? How accurate was each one, historically speaking.

Go.

The hottest day in history just occurred. The global average temperature was 17.18C, the hottest in the historical record.

Discuss.

Does this mean global warming is very real, and the rational people have been spot-on correct for the past 40 years? Yes.

Does this mean the denier cultists have been laughably wrong for the past decade? Yes.

If you want to put forth a "DERP! DERP! ALL THE DATA IS FAKED! DEEEEERRRRRRP!" conspiracy as a way to run from the hard data, you have to back it up, with something more than a link to a kook conspiracy website. Explain it in your own words, then link to primary data sources. If you won't, that's an admission you're making it all up.

If you'd like to claim the warming is all-natural, provide evidence for that. Don't just claim it. Back it up.

Needless to say, trolls will be instantly reported. Mods, please don't reward trolls by moving a thread to the Rubber Room after trolls overwhelm it, as the trolls always attempt to do.

Quick, we need more nuclear-powered air conditioners.

Quick, we need more nuclear-powered air conditioners.

fac408039-back-to-the-future-mr.fusion-home-energy-reactor-scaled-4_-prop-replica002.png

The hottest day in history just occurred. The global average temperature was 17.18C, the hottest in the historical record.

Discuss.

Does this mean global warming is very real, and the rational people have been spot-on correct for the past 40 years? Yes.

Does this mean the denier cultists have been laughably wrong for the past decade? Yes.

If you want to put forth a "DERP! DERP! ALL THE DATA IS FAKED! DEEEEERRRRRRP!" conspiracy as a way to run from the hard data, you have to back it up, with something more than a link to a kook conspiracy website. Explain it in your own words, then link to primary data sources. If you won't, that's an admission you're making it all up.

If you'd like to claim the warming is all-natural, provide evidence for that. Don't just claim it. Back it up.

Needless to say, trolls will be instantly reported. Mods, please don't reward trolls by moving a thread to the Rubber Room after trolls overwhelm it, as the trolls always attempt to do.

Yes, there is NO data. It is computer model bullshit.

They even admit it. You're just too stupid to figure it out.

Cool. I hadn’t seen it. It was responsive to another poster. I don’t make it a habit to read every post in any thread I am in.

I doubt you do, either. But that was interesting. And I’ve copied it for future purposes.

Now. Back to my question. Which proxies were used to determine temperature in this “hottest date in history” claim? Do you know? What can you tell us about its alleged accuracy?

Cool. I hadn’t seen it. It was responsive to another poster. I don’t make it a habit to read every post in any thread I am in.

I doubt you do, either. But that was interesting. And I’ve copied it for future purposes.

Now. Back to my question. Which proxies were used to determine temperature in this “hottest date in history” claim? Do you know? What can you tell us about its alleged accuracy?
You don't use proxies for contemporary temperatures. You use thermometers and satellites and balloons. Instrumented data they call it.

You don't use proxies for contemporary temperatures. You use thermometers and satellites and balloons. Instrumented data they call it.
I know. But this shit used proxies. Wanna know how I know. They fuckin’ said so.

I’m not talking about the current readings. But they compared them too … pre instrument data. That required proxy data.

I swear. It’s true.

You don't use proxies for contemporary temperatures.

What about Nobel Prize winner Michael Mann?

The Sahara desert alternates between desert and lush vegetation every 20,000 years or so. That is based on the wobble of the Earth's axis not because of Caveman caused global warming. It is currently near it's "apex" of hot and dry. Isn't that interesting?

Just Stop Oil’s posh public hissy fits are predicated on fake “hottest ever” propaganda gleaned from measuring temperatures on hot tarmac at RAF bases while Typhoon fighter jets are landing

I know. But this shit used proxies. Wanna know how I know. They fuckin’ said so.

I’m not talking about the current readings. But they compared them too … pre instrument data. That required proxy data.

I swear. It’s true.
And how do you measure temperature when there is no instrument data? What is your superior method? And please spell out specifically what is wrong with using computers to do reanalysis? If it requires the presupposition that the scientists involved want to lie to us from the start, then we will need evidence of that. Do you have the testimony of an involved scientist exposing the conspiracy?

And how do you measure temperature when there is no instrument data?

Do you add instrument data to proxy data?
Could be a Nobel in it for you.

Do you have the testimony of an involved scientist exposing the conspiracy?

Do emails count?

During global warming, we would expect these reports ... but how does this compare to May 18th, 249,998,665 BC? ... the million years before and million years after averaged only 20ºC hgher than the 20th Century AD average ... this date was 25ºC above 20th Century average ...

If you can't address the issue, just say so. You're not fooling anyone with your evasions.

The issue, of course, is what is causing the current fast warming. What do you say the cause of it is? And what evidence backs up your position?

The Sahara desert alternates between desert and lush vegetation every 20,000 years or so. That is based on the wobble of the Earth's axis not because of Caveman caused global warming. It is currently near it's "apex" of hot and dry. Isn't that interesting?
That's a rehash of the "DERP! Climate changed naturally before, so humans can't change climate!" fallacy.

We know the current fast warming isn't natural, because that's what the data says. So what's causing the current fast warming.

Forum List

Back