The House has Passed Two Stimulus Bills. The Senate has not acted.

I'm struck by the line in Hamilton. Madison and Jefferson wanted the Capitol in the South. Hamilton wanted to create the national bank. It was two separate issues.

I'm going from memory here so it may not be 100% accurate:

BURR: And Madison responds with Virginian insight
MADISON: Maybe we can solve one problem with another and win a victory for the Southerners, in other words
JEFFERSON: Oh ho
MADISON: A quid pro quo
JEFFERSON: I suppose
MADISON: Wouldn't you like to work a little closer to home
JEFFERSON: Actually, I would
MADISON: Well, I propose the Potomac
JEFFERSON: And you'll provide him his votes
MADISON: Well, we'll see how it goes

If the President is going to be involved and his approval of action is important to the Senate it would seem as though such a thing could be hammered out. Probably not the wall since it's so contentious but there are a plethora of other things I'm sure the House would consider. Remember the infrastructure bill?

Why not put that into the mix. The House gets it's relief in whatever measure is decided, the infrastructure bill the President couldn't get off the ground gets done...

Unless, the Senate R's are just not that interested in giving this President what he wants.... That looks more and more the case really. Because in the end, it's a dollar amount we're talking about; when there are two amounts, the obvious thing to do is find the midpoint. Easy. But I'm not too sure the Senate R's are completely on board with Trump any longer. It sure seems that way.
WTF??????
We're in the middle of a pandemic, not a time to be playing games, Candy.
Don't let common sense bitch slap you in the face.

Playing what games? Doing their job?

The did their job. They sent it back with NO approval as in NO vote.

That isn't sending anything back...
The House doesn't have a Senate bill to consider.

No its their own bill. The Senate sends it back and the House has to work on it again. Once they pull the pork out they send it back to the Senate. With no pork and a stand alone Covid relief bill the Senate will pass it into law.

Ummm no. That is in no way how it works. Once the Senate takes up House legislation (or vice versa) there is a conference committee that works to hash out differences.

There is a conference committee. Here, I'll let a fellow conservative explain it to you:

One house drafts a bill and submits it to the other house, the second house sends the bill to committee, makes the changes they think are appropriate and then passes it, the new bill is sent to a house senate committee to see if the differences can be worked out,

The lack of knowledge some have for how a bill becomes a law is shocking.

The House still has to approve it. The Senate can't vote on it until the House approves it.

The lack of knowledge some have for how a bill becomes law is shocking.

I'm struck by the line in Hamilton. Madison and Jefferson wanted the Capitol in the South. Hamilton wanted to create the national bank. It was two separate issues.

I'm going from memory here so it may not be 100% accurate:

BURR: And Madison responds with Virginian insight
MADISON: Maybe we can solve one problem with another and win a victory for the Southerners, in other words
JEFFERSON: Oh ho
MADISON: A quid pro quo
JEFFERSON: I suppose
MADISON: Wouldn't you like to work a little closer to home
JEFFERSON: Actually, I would
MADISON: Well, I propose the Potomac
JEFFERSON: And you'll provide him his votes
MADISON: Well, we'll see how it goes

If the President is going to be involved and his approval of action is important to the Senate it would seem as though such a thing could be hammered out. Probably not the wall since it's so contentious but there are a plethora of other things I'm sure the House would consider. Remember the infrastructure bill?

Why not put that into the mix. The House gets it's relief in whatever measure is decided, the infrastructure bill the President couldn't get off the ground gets done...

Unless, the Senate R's are just not that interested in giving this President what he wants.... That looks more and more the case really. Because in the end, it's a dollar amount we're talking about; when there are two amounts, the obvious thing to do is find the midpoint. Easy. But I'm not too sure the Senate R's are completely on board with Trump any longer. It sure seems that way.
WTF??????
We're in the middle of a pandemic, not a time to be playing games, Candy.
Don't let common sense bitch slap you in the face.

Playing what games? Doing their job?

The did their job. They sent it back with NO approval as in NO vote.

That isn't sending anything back...
The House doesn't have a Senate bill to consider.

No its their own bill. The Senate sends it back and the House has to work on it again. Once they pull the pork out they send it back to the Senate. With no pork and a stand alone Covid relief bill the Senate will pass it into law.

Ummm no. That is in no way how it works. Once the Senate takes up House legislation (or vice versa) there is a conference committee that works to hash out differences.

There is a conference committee. Here, I'll let a fellow conservative explain it to you:

One house drafts a bill and submits it to the other house, the second house sends the bill to committee, makes the changes they think are appropriate and then passes it, the new bill is sent to a house senate committee to see if the differences can be worked out,

The lack of knowledge some have for how a bill becomes a law is shocking.

The House still has to approve it. The Senate can't vote on it until the House approves it.

The lack of knowledge some have for how a bill becomes law is shocking.

Yes they can... Wow...

The House/Senate conferees get together and put out a single bill that they agree on. Both houses consider the same bill. It isn't marked up, it isn't changed. The Senate can debate it until their session expires and the House could pass it instantly...or vice versa.

You don't seem to know much about how this works.

I'm sure the stuffed it full of stuff. The Senate won't sign it and they sure won't send it to Trump cause you know HE won't sign it.
Again....shouldn't the CONGRESS get together and work this out?

I agree. They should but you know how it goes. Neither side want to bend.

The House did their job....they passed a bill. That is all that a body of Congress can do.
The Senate has not done their job. They have not passed a bill.

It's not a matter of bending, it's a matter of reconciling. There is nothing to reconcile if the Senate can't pass a bill of it's own.

No and they won't pass a bill stuffed with money for illegals and tax dollars for Seattle, Portland and Indi.

Illegals already cost us billions each year. No way would I give them a stimulus check.

And the mayors of Seattle, Portland and Indi caused the looting and arson by telling the police forces to stand down.

I wouldn't give them one red cent of tax dollars to repair their cities. Let the tax payers in those cities foot the bill. Then vote the imbeciles out of office.

No. The Senate won't vote on this bill till the Dems remove what they added to the bill.

They don't have to. They can take the legislation and do whatever they want to it...add riders to the bill to fund exploring Pluto if they want.

The question is...where is the Senate?

Waiting on a clean bill.

The Senate can take the bill the House has sent to it--either one of them--and make it as "clean" as they want. They won't do it. Where is the Senate?

Bullshit.

Wow...

Okay...how do you imagine a bill becomes a law.

You should probably watch school house rock.
I did. I listened. You didn't.

Than you lack comprehension.
Huh?

I'm sure the stuffed it full of stuff. The Senate won't sign it and they sure won't send it to Trump cause you know HE won't sign it.

The House did their job....they passed a bill. That is all that a body of Congress can do.

It's not a matter of bending, it's a matter of reconciling. There is nothing to reconcile if the Senate can't pass a bill of it's own.

No and they won't pass a bill stuffed with money for illegals and tax dollars for Seattle, Portland and Indi.

Illegals already cost us billions each year. No way would I give them a stimulus check.

And the mayors of Seattle, Portland and Indi caused the looting and arson by telling the police forces to stand down.

I wouldn't give them one red cent of tax dollars to repair their cities. Let the tax payers in those cities foot the bill. Then vote the imbeciles out of office.

No. The Senate won't vote on this bill till the Dems remove what they added to the bill.

They don't have to. They can take the legislation and do whatever they want to it...add riders to the bill to fund exploring Pluto if they want.

Waiting on a clean bill.

The Senate can take the bill the House has sent to it--either one of them--and make it as "clean" as they want. They won't do it. Where is the Senate?

Bullshit.

Wow...

Huh?

And you prove my point....

But they are coming into session to have hearings on a supreme court seat--which is important as well.

What about addressing the two bills the House sent you, Mitch?
Ummmm.......ummmmmmm how you paying for that. Scared adults healing massive helpings of future despair on the young

Waiting on a clean bill.

Bullshit.

Wow...

Huh?

And you prove my point....

Still don't know what you're talking about either relative to the thread or your tired personal attacks.

It's all OK. People are onto the corrupt and useless Republic Senate. This fiasco is speeding their demise.

But they are coming into session to have hearings on a supreme court seat--which is important as well.

Correction, the house has passed two democratic party pork bills. Even if the senate allowed them to get by Trump would happily veto the pieces of partisan fraud, waste and outright bullshit.

Correction, the house has passed two democratic party pork bills. Even if the senate allowed them to get by Trump would happily veto the pieces of partisan fraud, waste and outright bullshit.

*facepalm*

The Senate (if they were in session and interested in doing so) could take the bills and do whatever they want with them. Strip them of pork. Add more pork in. Fund the President's moon initiative or border wall. They haven't acted on either of them.

Then the two houses would have a conference committee to hammer out differences and hopefully produce a bill that both houses would consider.

That is our system.

Where is the Senate?

Shouldn't both houses get together and hammer out a bill and then send it to the President?
Are you really this uninformed??
How it is possible you don't know the Republicans have increased and accepted two compromises to Pelos, but she keeps raising the anti??
How could you not know that?

Shouldn't both houses get together and hammer out a bill and then send it to the President?
thats what they are trying to do but the dems in the house want to pack it full of stuff that has nothing to do with relief,,,
Pack it full of what stuff? Please be very specific.
are you really that ignorant on the topic??
the items have been listed many many times on news sources and this forum,,,

sorry but I dont have time to educate you on common knowledge issues,,,
C'mon and tell him what you know.

Ummmm.......ummmmmmm how you paying for that. Scared adults healing massive helpings of future despair on the young
Heaping. Freaking autocorrect. You simply don't have the money to pursue shiver in place

How it is possible you don't know the Republicans have increased and accepted two compromises to Pelos, but she keeps raising the anti??

Really? What bills did the Senate pass?
You are trolling, and therefore, as usual, should be ignored.
The premise of your whole posting in this thread is "I am ignoring 100% of all actions taken by my side, and everything they are doing wrong - and only keep talking about what I see the other side is doing wrong.

A tool.
A sheep.
A shill.

You are a fantastic example of what is wrong with American politics - and exactly why despite in 2016 the legislative branch had less than 20% approval rating yet over 95% of incumbents won anyway. Because NO ONE critiques THEIR side. So the same shit keeps happening over and over and over.
Congratulations for being a prime example of it.

The premise of your whole posting in this thread is "I am ignoring 100% of all actions taken by my side, and everything they are doing wrong - and only keep talking about what I see the other side is doing wrong.

A tool.
A sheep.
A shill.

You are a fantastic example of what is wrong with American politics - and exactly why despite in 2016 the legislative branch had less than 20% approval rating yet over 95% of incumbents won anyway. Because NO ONE critiques THEIR side. So the same shit keeps happening over and over and over.

She keeps getting slapped down but persists. Not a bright bulb

We don't need another stimulus bill to add to the $27 trillion plus deficit we have. We need people to go back to work.

A tool.
A sheep.
A shill.

Your tantrum is noted.

I'm not a Democrat but I am a liberal I have called part of the Democratic party the "looney left" about 4 times on this thread alone. So fuck off.

The reason Nancy doesn't pass a single function bill is because she probably cannot do it because there are a lot on the looney left who oppose such a thing. AOC is one of them if you want an emblem of whom I'm talking about.

The House has passed 2 covid relief bills which sit un-acted upon in the Senate. Either bill could be taken up, marked up, chopped up, and sent to the Senate floor tomorrow. The R's in the senate do have the votes. They can do this. They choose not to.

The way our system works is that one house passes a bill, the other side considers it and votes on it. If it passes, if there are changes, a conference committee is appointed. They hammer out differences. The product of the committee then goes to both houses for consideration. If it passes both houses...it goes to the President.

My opinion is this...There is plenty the President wants to get done so, politically speaking, the Senate that is controlled by Republicans could put those things into the bill. They won't do it because I don't think the Senate really wants Trump to win personally. Otherwise it's a very easy thing to do---use one problem to solve another.
Thats just my opinion.

Anyway, the Senate could take up either of the bills the House sent them and strip everything away except what they want passed. It could happen in a few hours. They just won't do it. So, again, Where is the Senate?

Forum List

Back