🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The illustrious results of Trump's show of U.S. power...

you want a price check on that? :rolleyes-41:

face it.....if it had been Obummer who had done the exact same thing you would have been wetting your pants in glee.....

Not really, a waste of money and reputation is not good regardless of who does it....But, "nice try"......

you want a price check on that? :rolleyes-41:

face it.....if it had been Obummer who had done the exact same thing you would have been wetting your pants in glee.....

Not really, a waste of money and reputation is not good regardless of who does it....But, "nice try"......
Those missiles were already bought and paid for, Nat4900. Keeping them "in the bank" doesn't always make us richer.

You really aren't too smucking fart. lol
Trump was only sending a message.

Here's a vid I think you'll like. Skip to the 1:35 mark..

Here's the simple question:
Are Syrian planes taking off from that AF base...Yes or No?

We spent $100 MILLION to send a message that we don't like Assad......A tweet from Trump calling Assad a "very, very bad boy" would have been a hell of a lot cheaper.LOL
Who cares if they are? Are you really that dense? lol

Trump sent them a clear message. That's all that matters.
He'll send them a stronger message if it's needed.

You really aren't too smucking fart. lol
Trump was only sending a message.

Here's a vid I think you'll like. Skip to the 1:35 mark..

Here's the simple question:
Are Syrian planes taking off from that AF base...Yes or No?

We spent $100 MILLION to send a message that we don't like Assad......A tweet from Trump calling Assad a "very, very bad boy" would have been a hell of a lot cheaper.LOL

cost of bombs.....$100 mil.....

cost of message......priceless....

Those missiles were already bought and paid for, Nat4900. Keeping them "in the bank" doesn't always make us richer.

Yes, but the Pentagon BUYING more since they need to replenish the arsenal, DOES make us poorer.

BEIRUT — Residents of the Syrian town devastated by a chemical-weapons attack earlier this week said that warplanes had returned to bomb them Saturday as Turkey described a retaliatory U.S. assault as “cosmetic” unless President Bashar al-Assad is removed from power.

The U.S. military launched 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian military airfield early Friday in the first direct American assault on Assad’s government since that country’s six-year civil war began. Although American officials have predicted that the strikes would result in a major shift of Assad’s calculus, they appear to be symbolic in practice.

Within 24 hours of the American strikes, monitoring groups reported that jets were once again taking off from the bombed Shayrat air base.

Warplanes return to Syrian town devastated by chemical attack

The above is what $100 million spent US military funds on Friday morning got us.....
Only a fool would send a $1 million to put a hole in a runway that could be patched up in a matter of hours. Linear targets are a waste of time and are hard to hit. Bridges are the exception.

Only a fool would send a $1 million to put a hole in a runway that could be patched up in a matter of hours. Linear targets are a waste of time and are hard to hit. Bridges are the exception.

We DO have missile that can completely destroy an airfield (by burrowing and then exploding upward)......I guess we were saving those for the next go round?

We DO have missile that can completely destroy an airfield (by burrowing and then exploding upward)......I guess we were saving those for the next go round?

So, if the airfield had been more damaged, are you suggesting that you would be supporting Trump and his action right now?

So, if the airfield had been more damaged, are you suggesting that you would be supporting Trump and his action right now?

Probably (had Trump also taken out those Syrian war planes who drop the conventional AND WMD bombs on Syrians and Kurds.....Any idea why trump did not?)

the idea was to avoid human casualties as much as possible......they avoided the barracks for example.....

so not everything was destroyed.......but much was including hangars, infrastructure, equipment, and 20 Syrian jets....

I din't know why I'm bothering explaining this. A military airfield is a vast place, with control towers, bunkers, arms depots and so on. The runway was not hit because it would be a waste of tomahawk.

Probably (had Trump also taken out those Syrian war planes who drop the conventional AND WMD bombs on Syrians and Kurds.....Any idea why trump did not?)

Are you seriously claiming that you would be here defending Trump and his actions?

INstead of inventing a new "reason" to find his actions "wrong".

I din't know why I'mm bothering explaining this. A military airfield is a vast place, with control towers, bunkers, arms depots and so on. The runway was not hit because it would be a waste of tomahawk.

I don't care. IMO, that attack was a best a political move to send a message. I have no interest in the actual effectiveness of the attack.

If anything, I WANT the attack to have been minor, so as to be quickly forgotten so we can all move on.

Trump sent them a clear message via missiles. A message that obama was too scared to send.

I repeat from the O/P for the very slow-witted right wingers like you....LOL

Within 24 hours of the American strikes, monitoring groups reported that jets were once again taking off from the bombed Shayrat air base.

Your tactical ignorance is astounding.

Is it possible that planes could have taken off from the air base? Absolutely.

First, fighter jets take off on a relatively short runway. 59 1000 lb bombs is NOT going to completely disable an airfield (the jets can actually take off on the ramps - forget about the main runway).

Second, the intent of the mission was NOT to disable the airfield. The mission was to deliver a political/diplomatic message to Assad. Mission accomplished.

Third, if you actually read the article, you will note that the planes taken off from the stricken air field were NOT the planes you refer to. The article clearly states that the strikes were against Islamic State targets (not Syrian rebel targets - the target of the gas attacks).

Fourth, the planes that struck the hospitals were Russian jets from a second air base (do your damn research). Would you have preferred that Trump attack THAT base?

Forum List

Back