The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party.

Democrats supported slavery and the KKK.

Party of racists, sadly nothing has changed today. Instead of KKK they support BLM (which has caused far more fatalities than the KKK in recent history).
Roughly 95% of African American voters are registered Democrats.

Those who keep insisting here at USMB that the Democratic Party is the 'party of racism' run into a slight problem with that claim.

a) Most minorities are Democrats.
b) Most Republicans are white- and few minorities are Republican

Do you believe that minorities are as smart as whites? I do.

I believe everyone votes in what they consider to be best for themselves and their community. That doesn't make Trump voters racists- but neither does it make Democrats racists.

Oh- and the KKK didn't care whether you were a Democrat or a Republican- as long as you were a White Christian you were welcomed in.

Democrats = anti-white party. .

Which is of course why the Democrats are the 'party of the KKK'.....lol

Why have so many of my fellow 'whites' become such whiny victims?

Race Baiting, The use of racially derisive language, actions, or other forms of communication in order to anger or intimidate or coerce.
I love it when the truth pierces the innards of the racist leftist in here..

Why do bitter old white dudes like you think that the only racists are African Americans?

Why do you think that all the old white guys in the GOP are smarter than all of the African Americans and Latino Americans and Asian Americans who are in the Democratic Party?

Americans of color clearly identify the Republican Party as being the party that represents racism.
Old white dudes in the GOP say the Democrats are the racists.

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.
I think I know what you meant here, it isn't worded right.
Why do bitter old white dudes like you think that the only racists are African Americans?
why don't you want African Americans to succeed, typical leftist keep on the dole mentality. .

Why can't you answer the question?

Why do you think that the only racists are African Americans?

No...the racists found their home in the democrat party....asswipe....

Yes. Everybody freely admits that in the 1800's the Democrats were not supportive of blacks. Please point out any of those democrats from the 1800's that are still members of our government, and I promise not to vote for them.
Oh, apparently you cannot see the people Booker T was talking about today. You also I guess do not want to read the quote from LBJ. You certainly don't know about Bill Clinton's mentor James Fulbright, nor about Al Gore Senior. Both staunch segregationists.

You apparently ignore ALL of that, along with how the civil rights bill was passed. How the King descendants are republicans. You all have no clue. You are all just victims of mass propaganda pushed to keep blacks enslaved in their minds by convincing them they are nothing but victims. Poor little victims of white republicans.

Look at how you losers argue against voter ID laws (photo id). You don't give a rat shit that people cannot accomplish shit without at least having a photo ID. Can't get a job, cant cash a check, cant open an account, nothing. You fucking left wing elitists don't give a shit. You all just tow the company party line. Go to your little elite houses behind WALLS guarded by armed guards and move about your day oblivious. Truly believing you are doing GOOD just because you hate republicans and white Christians well enough.

You are the fucking problem, and you remain in your pathetic hypnotized state.

Malcolm X, democrats are chumps.

Don't forget obama sat in a racist church for 20 years. .

Don't forget that Donald Trump was sued for refusing to rent to African Americans and Puerto Ricans.

Party of racists, sadly nothing has changed today. Instead of KKK they support BLM (which has caused far more fatalities than the KKK in recent history).

Those who keep insisting here at USMB that the Democratic Party is the 'party of racism' run into a slight problem with that claim.

I believe everyone votes in what they consider to be best for themselves and their community. That doesn't make Trump voters racists- but neither does it make Democrats racists.

Oh- and the KKK didn't care whether you were a Democrat or a Republican- as long as you were a White Christian you were welcomed in.

Today, they are the party of BLM, which is more racist than KKK today. I just stated this in my last post, reading what was actually said seems to be an insurmountable task to you. Moron...

Race Baiting, The use of racially derisive language, actions, or other forms of communication in order to anger or intimidate or coerce.

Why do you think that all the old white guys in the GOP are smarter than all of the African Americans and Latino Americans and Asian Americans who are in the Democratic Party?

Americans of color clearly identify the Republican Party as being the party that represents racism.

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.
why don't you want African Americans to succeed, typical leftist keep on the dole mentality. .

No...the racists found their home in the democrat party...
95% of African Americans are Democrats.

....asswipe....

Does your mother know you are using her computer with such potty language?

Today, they are the party of BLM, which is more racist than KKK today...

Yeah- you folks sure do think that the real racists in America are the minorities- not the guys waving the Confederate flags

Yes. Everybody freely admits that in the 1800's the Democrats were not supportive of blacks. Please point out any of those democrats from the 1800's that are still members of our government, and I promise not to vote for them.

That's just dumb.

Not as dumb as using examples from the 1800s to try to discredit Democrats today.

We use examples from today to show the democrats are racists....bill clinton and his best friend j. william fulbright....and obama and his best friend jeremiah wright, black and white racists in the democrat party, each seeking the power of the central government to exert their control over others.....

"Minorities", unless talking about Asians, aren't as smart as whites either

Norman: "Minorities", unless talking about Asians, aren't as smart as whites either

Well looks like 2aguy has found his kindred spirit.

Yep- to you guys minorities vote Democrat because they aren't as smart as whites........lol

Dipshit.....I point out the racists of all colors are now in the democrat party.......the democrat party is the place where racists go to gather political power.......

moron.

Yeah- you folks sure do think that the real racists in America are the minorities- not the guys waving the Confederate flags

These guys are the racists. Demonstrating it openly isn't clear enough for you?

What an idiot are we dealing with here.

That's just dumb.

Not as dumb as using examples from the 1800s to try to discredit Democrats today.

We use examples from today to show the democrats are racists...

'today'? LOL

Donald Trump- sued for refusing to rent to blacks and Puerto Ricans.

Dipshit..

moron.

Are you 12 or 13 years old?

.I point out the racists of all colors are now in the democrat party.......the democrat party is the place where racists go to gather political power.......
You think that most minorities are racists- that is clear.

Martin Luther King indentified you well

No...the real racists as pointed out are the black lives matter rioters.......the ones who attack and murder police officers...and who obama, the racist, had to the White House....along with his visits with al sharpton, another racist.......and the black panthers who obama allowed to go free after voter intimidation.......

Racism is the core concern of the democrat party.....racists need a strong government in order to extract power and control over others....so the racists of all colors have flocked to the democrat party to share in the spoils of taking wealth from the American people....

No...the real racists as pointed out are the black lives matter rioters.......the ones who attack and murder police officers...and who obama, the racist, had to the White House....along with his visits with al sharpton, another racist.......and the black panthers who obama allowed to go free after voter intimidation.......

Racism is the core concern of the democrat party.....racists need a strong government in order to extract power and control over others....so the racists of all colors have flocked to the democrat party to share in the spoils of taking wealth from the American people....

Shut up white people, argues Sally Boynton Brown | Daily Mail Online

White people just need to shut up. Wasn't this same person making remarks how they have to teach white people not to be so white or something equally as retarded? Sounds like the next ticket of the BLM party to me.

Unbelievable racism.

.I point out the racists of all colors are now in the democrat party.......the democrat party is the place where racists go to gather political power.......
You think that most minorities are racists- that is clear.

Martin Luther King indentified you well

Thanks for posting that.....you now allow me to show the complete truth....you lie by omission to hide the horrible mistake Martin Luther King made by siding with the party that owned slaves and created the Jim Crow laws....thinking that short term gain would change that party from the racist party it was.......

The truth........For those who don't know much about the Civil Rights movement....and the people involved.....this is a nice primer...is shows johnson for the racist, and political opportunist he was....and Goldwater for the decent man, and Civil Rights hero he was....

King made a deal with the devil.....and his descendants have been paying with their blood in democrat controlled cities all across this country....

Lyndon Johnson opposed every civil rights proposal considered in his first 20 years as lawmaker

"He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill –

against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote.

"Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Truman’s entire civil rights program (‘an effort to set up a police state’)…Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record – by that time a twenty-year record – against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.

=========

The Party of Civil Rights

The Party of Civil Rights

The depth of Johnson’s prior opposition to civil-rights reform must be digested in some detail to be properly appreciated.

In the House, he did not represent a particularly segregationist constituency (it “made up for being less intensely segregationist than the rest of the South by being more intensely anti-Communist,” as the New York Times put it), but Johnson was practically antebellum in his views.

Never mind civil rights or voting rights: In Congress, Johnson had consistently and repeatedly voted against legislation to protect black Americans from lynching.

As a leader in the Senate, Johnson did his best to cripple the Civil Rights Act of 1957; not having votes sufficient to stop it, he managed to reduce it to an act of mere symbolism by excising the enforcement provisions before sending it to the desk of President Eisenhower.

Johnson’s Democratic colleague Strom Thurmond nonetheless went to the trouble of staging the longest filibuster in history up to that point, speaking for 24 hours in a futile attempt to block the bill. The reformers came back in 1960 with an act to remedy the deficiencies of the 1957 act, and Johnson’s Senate Democrats again staged a record-setting filibuster.

In both cases, the “master of the Senate” petitioned the northeastern Kennedy liberals to credit him for having seen to the law’s passage while at the same time boasting to southern Democrats that he had taken the teeth out of the legislation.

Johnson would later explain his thinking thus: “These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days, and that’s a problem for us, since they’ve got something now they never had before: the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this — we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”

Read more at: The Party of Civil Rights
=============

Goldwater.....

Barry M. Goldwater: The Most Consequential Loser in American Politics

Goldwater treated all people the same. As a private citizen, he flew mercy missions to Navaho reservations, never asking for recognition or accepting payment. He felt that “the red man seemed as much—if not more—a part of Arizona and America as any white or black person.”[20] Moreover, a few weeks after Goldwater was discharged from the Army in November 1945, Democratic Arizona Governor Sidney Preston Osborn asked him to organize the Arizona Air National Guard. One of Goldwater’s first recommendations, soon approved, was to desegregate the unit. Goldwater’s integration of the state’s Air National Guard took place more than two years before President Harry Truman integrated the U.S. armed forces.
Goldwater was an early member of the Arizona chapters of both the NAACP and the National Urban League, even making up the latter’s operating deficit when it was getting started. Later as a Senator, he desegregated the Senate cafeteria in 1953, demanding that his black legislative assistant, Kathrine Maxwell, be served along with every other Senate employee after learning she had been denied service.
In the mid-1970s, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, investigating improper operations of the intelligence community in the United States, proposed that transcripts of the FBI tapes about Martin Luther King Jr.’s alleged indiscretions be published. An outraged Goldwater declared he would not be a party to destroying King’s reputation and strode out of the committee room. A fellow Senator recalled that Goldwater’s protest “injected some common sense into the proceedings,” and the electronic surveillance transcripts were not released.[21]

That his opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was based on constitutional grounds and not political considerations was underscored in the final week of the fall campaign.
Speaking in Columbia, South Carolina, Goldwater condemned segregation and declared that government must treat “all men as equal in the arena of law and civil order.”[22] He pledged if elected President to implement all provisions of the act. His forthright pro-civil rights speech was televised on 87 stations throughout the South.
---
NPR Wrong on Goldwater '64, Civil Rights, Say 4 Who Were There
As for the Republican nominee's position on the Civil Rights Act, Goldwater had said he would vote for passage if Section II on public accommodations and Section VII on equal employment opportunity were removed. With his view reinforced by a detailed memorandum from Phoenix lawyer and future Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Goldwater felt these sections were unconstitutional, were unenforceable without a federal police force, and would lead to the creation of racial quotas and affirmative action.

"He was absolutely right about [the two sections of the Civil Rights Act] and they did lead to precisely what Goldwater and most conservatives were afraid of," said Tom Winter, then executive editor of Human Events, who would join Ryskind as its co-owner a year later. As for the "extremism in the defense of liberty" speech, Winter recalled watching it from a San Francisco restaurant "and cheering it because it was clearly about freedom and fighting communism. I certainly didn't think it had anything to do with race."
Urban Legend: Goldwater Against Civil Rights

More specifically, Goldwater had problems with title II and title VII of the 1964 bill. He felt that constitutionally the federal government had no legal right to interfere in who people hired, fired; or to whom they sold their products, goods and services. He felt that “power” laid in the various states, and with the people. He was a strong advocate of the tenth amendment. Goldwater’s constitutional stance did not mean he agreed with the segregation and racial discrimination practiced in the South. To the contrary, he fought against these kinds of racial divides in his own state of Arizona. He supported the integration of the Arizona National guard and Phoenix public schools.[4] Goldwater was, also, a member of the NAACP and the Urban League.[5]

His personal feelings about discrimination are enshrined in the congressional record where he states, “I am unalterably opposed to discrimination or segregation on the basis of race, color, or creed or on any other basis; not only my words, but more importantly my actions through years have repeatedly demonstrated the sincerity of my feeling in this regard…”[6]. And, he would continued to holdfast to his strongly felt convictions that constitutionally the federal government was limited in what it could do, believing that the amoral actions of those perpetuating discrimination and segregation would have to be judged by those in that community. Eventually, the states government and local communities would come to pressure people to change their minds. Goldwater’s view was that the civil disobedience by private citizens against those business establishments was more preferable than intervention by the feds. He, optimistically, believed that racial intolerance would soon buckle under the economic and societal pressure.

Current, democrat racists taking over a university campus........

Evergreen campus takeover could happen anywhere

On May 23, Mr. Weinstein’s class was interrupted by more than 50 students who took issue with an email he wrote explaining his refusal to participate in the “Day of Absence,” in which white students, faculty and staff were asked to leave campus for a day.

That's just dumb.

We use examples from today to show the democrats are racists....bill clinton and his best friend j. william fulbright....and obama and his best friend jeremiah wright, black and white racists in the democrat party, each seeking the power of the central government to exert their control over others.....

Yep, you're still nuts.

LBJ was a Democrat in the 1800's? Really?

LBJ as a Democrat half a century ago.

There are still plenty of people around that voted in the 60's.

Forum List

Back