The invention of algebra. Algebra is an Arabic word. Algorithm is an Arabic word. Two thirds of the stars in the night sky that have Arabic names

The OP said all the intellectuals in Bagdad were Muslim?
And the Sack of Baghdad. What was that about? Do people really know? Do they care?

video: 2:26
A thousand years ago the intellectual center of the world was Baghdad. Baghdad. Europe was busy disemboweling Heretics at the time. Baghdad was open to all thought at the time, between AD 800 and 1100 around there. If you look at the advances that unfolded in that period in that location, it includes the invention of algebra. Algebra is an Arabic word. Algorithm is an Arabic word. Two thirds of the stars in the night sky that have names, have Arabic names. How does that happen just what where did the naming rights come from?

Fall of Baghdad: look it up.

What caused the downfall of Baghdad?

In 1258 Baghdad was surrounded by a major Mongol force commanded by the non-Muslim Hülegü, a grandson of Genghis Khan, who had been sent from Mongolia expressly to deal with the Abbasids. The city fell on February 10, 1258, and al-Mustaʿṣim was executed shortly thereafter.
I "LOOKED UP" What is your point?

And the Sack of Baghdad. What was that about? Do people really know? Do they care?

A thousand years ago the intellectual center of the world was Baghdad. Baghdad. Europe was busy disemboweling Heretics at the time. Baghdad was open to all thought at the time, between AD 800 and 1100 around there. If you look at the advances that unfolded in that period in that location, it includes the invention of algebra. Algebra is an Arabic word. Algorithm is an Arabic word. Two thirds of the stars in the night sky that have names, have Arabic names. How does that happen just what where did the naming rights come from?

If you look at the advances that unfolded in that period in that location, it includes the invention of algebra.

How many of the advances were Muslim advances?
How many were non-Muslim advances?

Neil is fascinating here. No so much for what he discusses or addresses that may be unknown to people, but in how he strings disparate things together. Whats truly interesting to me is how here he soon addresses the religious culture wars -- the religious right in America and how it mirrors what we see in the fall of Islamic/Arabic wonders.

Hard to believe how far they've fallen since then.

If you look at the advances that unfolded in that period in that location, it includes the invention of algebra.

How many of the advances were Muslim advances?
How many were non-Muslim advances?

People come to America because America fosters an environment where they can...

The fact that you can't accept facts of Islam before the Sack of Baghdad is telling.

Hard to believe how far they've fallen since then.
Religious extremists like Al Ghazali

Christian Conservatives and Rightwing Christians Worldwide are trying to do to the USA and the Western world, what clerics like Al Ghazali did to Islam and the Arabic world.

Yeah? so? the INTELLECTUALS in Baghdad---were largely
christians, jews and zoroastrians DURING THE ABBASID era.
A personal anecdote. As a college kid---I worked a little
weekend job in a large "teaching hospital" The place attracted
med school graduates from South East Asia. I worked SATURDAY
NITE----which in that rural hospital was so slow it was all but
DEAD. The young docs would ask me stuff----like "where can
I get a haircut----or BUY BEER? (most popular question) One
evening---a young surgeon stopped at my desk and said---"IN
MUSLIM CORDOBA--"there was a jew who converted to islam and became a great doctor. " I asked "what was his name" ?
the answer --MAIMONIDES. The poor pakistani surgeon had
learned in his pakistani med school---that MAIMONIDES
converted to islam. I said "no---Maimonides lived and died
a jew"----but he had PROOF---the "proof" was that Maimonides
wrote some of his stuff in ARABIC!!!!!!!! that made him a
MUSLIM!!!! for sure----and now you know why ALGEBRA
is ALGEBRA---and ALCOHOL is ALCOHOL ----for the record---
the math people of the time were INDIAN HINDUS--and the
astronomers were ZOROASTRIANS ---da jooos did the
chemistry----which was called ALCHEMY

Neil is fascinating here. No so much for what he discusses or addresses that may be unknown to people, but in how he strings disparate things together. Whats truly interesting to me is how here he soon addresses the religious culture wars -- the religious right in America and how it mirrors what we see in the fall of Islamic/Arabic wonders.

And yet, they have sex with camels, throw gays off buildings, and genitally mutilate women. Go figure, am I right?

MUSLIM CORDOBA--"there was a jew who converted to islam and became a great doctor. " I asked "what was his name" ?
You should be conversing with WelfareQueen

You hatred is disturbing and disgusting.

Were you born with this much hatred inside, or was it nurtured in you and if so, by whom?

Some intellectuals lived under Muslim rule.
Maybe a few of them were even Muslim.

Where are all the Muslim intellectuals today?

And yet, they have sex with camels, throw gays off buildings, and genitally mutilate women. Go figure, am I right?
sex with sheep. An AMERICAN farmer told me that when a
goat is "in heat" it will shove its cute little behind against
any living thing----including the farmer----SHEEEESH those
poor little arab boy shepherds are actually being RAPED

You can't think of any recent Muslim intellectuals either.

Baghdad was open to all thought at the time,

And now the Muslim world isn't open to thought.

Forum List

Back