The Irony of Whites Talking About Fatherless Black Families...

The descendants of the same people who would break up black families by selling them are today the loudest talking people trying to diss the black community about single parent families.

When people start talking about race, there are just some simple realities that cannot be denied. If you are white and don't like how you are portrayed, start thinking about how unpleasant it really is for us who are not white to be portrayed as weak inferior people who got conquered by a supposedly superior race and culture. It is not a pleasant subject. For this to end we all must face the unpleasantness.

The doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem comes from European civil law. It means; “That which is brought forth follows the belly.” This principle determined the legal status of children born by slave women in the America as well as other English or European colonies In colonial law, the partus doctrine justified enslavement, the indigenous people of the Americas and of the Africans imported to various European colonies personal property of those who imported them.

During the time American was a colony, this doctrine established de facto and de jure slavery for all children born to female slaves. Partus sequitur ventrem exempted the father from his obligations to children he fathered by slaves thereby creating the ability for slaveowners to have their way with enslaved women. Under this doctrine the biological father had no paternal responsibility to any child born to a slave woman. Because of this the slaver was provided the right to profit from exploiting the labor of children born to slaves. It gave the slaver the ability to sell children by taking them away from their biological parents. Partus sequitur ventrem was the doctrine that created the first family separation policy in what is now America.

Despite the claims of Africans selling each other, the doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem does not appear to be a part of the system of African slavery.

Partus Sequitur Ventrem — The Rule That Perpetrated Slavery And Legalized Rape

This was the legal doctrine that made any child of an American female slave a slave as well. It meant any white fathers had no financial responsibility for their progeny. They were free to rape their slaves at will as there were no laws against that either. With no concern for any children that might come from the forced union. In fact, there was a market for mulatto and octaroon children who would be purchased to work as domestics. Some owners (Thomas Jefferson) used their half-white slaves as their concubines, finding them more attractive the closer they were to white. Sally Hemings was Jefferson’s wife’s half-sister, the product of her father raping a slave. Then again the master might sell their offspring to keep the peace with their wives who might be annoyed at little slave children running around who favor their husbands.

Not talked about in proper society were the children of free white women and black slaves. White women who weren’t sure what color the child might be could get a legal abortion those days. “Cottonwood” was a remedy known to slaves who sometimes refused to have children after being raped or as often as the masters would like. Some women would be forced to have over a dozen children if they survived as death during childbirth was relatively common. The rare slave would be offered their freedom if they produced enough children. Sometimes the dark child of a white woman was abandoned or given away. Usually just sold off although technically they were legally free.

View attachment 437108

Partus Sequitur Ventrem — The Rule That Perpetrated Slavery And Legalized Rape | by William Spivey | Dialogue & Discourse | Medium

Partus sequitur ventrem legal definition of Partus sequitur ventrem (thefreedictionary.com)

What a bunch of nonsense.

Bring me a negro who was a slave, and I'll bring you a white guy who owned slaves to atone for his sins.

Slavery happened and it sucked, but don't even think about blaming anyone alive today for it...

I can bring you people who were discriminated against. I can bring you the black woman that integrated our school system as a child and had to endure the name calling and the loneliness of sitting alone in school.

We're talking about slavery, chucklehead.

Try to keep up...

No we are discussing the causes of this countries problems.

Like you will do if told you will wear a mask?
I am a real liberal weenie when it comes to wearing a mask in public

everywhere I go outside my home require masks and I comply

but I do draw the line at my doorstep

it wont happen in my state, but if I lived in california I would not wear a mask at home or limit how many friends or family I would host there

Like you will do if told you will wear a mask?
I am a real liberal weenie when it comes to wearing a mask in public

everywhere I go outside my home require masks and I comply

but I do draw the line at my doorstep

it wont happen in my state, but if I lived in california I would not wear a mask at home or limit how many friends or family I would host there

But it's cool to violate someone else's right in their vehicle.

The descendants of the same people who would break up black families by selling them are today the loudest talking people trying to diss the black community about single parent families.

When people start talking about race, there are just some simple realities that cannot be denied. If you are white and don't like how you are portrayed, start thinking about how unpleasant it really is for us who are not white to be portrayed as weak inferior people who got conquered by a supposedly superior race and culture. It is not a pleasant subject. For this to end we all must face the unpleasantness.

The doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem comes from European civil law. It means; “That which is brought forth follows the belly.” This principle determined the legal status of children born by slave women in the America as well as other English or European colonies In colonial law, the partus doctrine justified enslavement, the indigenous people of the Americas and of the Africans imported to various European colonies personal property of those who imported them.

During the time American was a colony, this doctrine established de facto and de jure slavery for all children born to female slaves. Partus sequitur ventrem exempted the father from his obligations to children he fathered by slaves thereby creating the ability for slaveowners to have their way with enslaved women. Under this doctrine the biological father had no paternal responsibility to any child born to a slave woman. Because of this the slaver was provided the right to profit from exploiting the labor of children born to slaves. It gave the slaver the ability to sell children by taking them away from their biological parents. Partus sequitur ventrem was the doctrine that created the first family separation policy in what is now America.

Despite the claims of Africans selling each other, the doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem does not appear to be a part of the system of African slavery.

This was the legal doctrine that made any child of an American female slave a slave as well. It meant any white fathers had no financial responsibility for their progeny. They were free to rape their slaves at will as there were no laws against that either. With no concern for any children that might come from the forced union. In fact, there was a market for mulatto and octaroon children who would be purchased to work as domestics. Some owners (Thomas Jefferson) used their half-white slaves as their concubines, finding them more attractive the closer they were to white. Sally Hemings was Jefferson’s wife’s half-sister, the product of her father raping a slave. Then again the master might sell their offspring to keep the peace with their wives who might be annoyed at little slave children running around who favor their husbands.

Not talked about in proper society were the children of free white women and black slaves. White women who weren’t sure what color the child might be could get a legal abortion those days. “Cottonwood” was a remedy known to slaves who sometimes refused to have children after being raped or as often as the masters would like. Some women would be forced to have over a dozen children if they survived as death during childbirth was relatively common. The rare slave would be offered their freedom if they produced enough children. Sometimes the dark child of a white woman was abandoned or given away. Usually just sold off although technically they were legally free.

View attachment 437108

Partus Sequitur Ventrem — The Rule That Perpetrated Slavery And Legalized Rape | by William Spivey | Dialogue & Discourse | Medium

Partus sequitur ventrem legal definition of Partus sequitur ventrem (thefreedictionary.com)
No one cares about ancient history

Just what is "ancient history" ? When it comes to the customs and norms of any group----its history is paramount, especially in the field of marriage and
child rearing. In order to understand the issue of
"fatherless black kids" and black kids raised by
grandma, the real root to the issue is----JUST HOW
DO THEY DO IT IN AFRICA. For insight read the
"CLASSICS" ----like "CHILDHOOD AND SOCIETY" by
Erik Erikson

View attachment 437108

Bring me a negro who was a slave, and I'll bring you a white guy who owned slaves to atone for his sins.

Slavery happened and it sucked, but don't even think about blaming anyone alive today for it...

I can bring you people who were discriminated against. I can bring you the black woman that integrated our school system as a child and had to endure the name calling and the loneliness of sitting alone in school.

Try to keep up...

Are you blind?

Go read the OP. It's discussing slavery...

no the Sentencing Commission only used the sentencing data
The data is just numbers

By your logic on paper the NBA and NFL are anti white racists organizations that unfairly benefit black people

and numbers don't lie.

and I'll repeat myself I never called anyone racist that was all YOU.

I gave you facts that are unencumbered by the emotional bullshit you are supplying by the fucking ton

I'm not giving a reason. I am doing nothing but stating facts which by the way you have not disproven
I think you had a reason in mind

the one I gave you

otherwise the numbers are as meaningless as an NBA roster

View attachment 437108

Breaking News!!!!!!

Slavery ended in America ended 157 years ago. So hey.....whew.....you can relax now.....okay. :thup:

And yet it took until the late 1960's for the Civil rights act to be passed.

What do you think it was like for Blacks between the end of slavery and the time the Civil Rights Act became law?

And even after the Civil Rights act there was not this instant end to racism and discrimination

You people need to study a little sociology.

Slavery was abolished in the 1860's

The right to vote was established in the 1860's

Citizenship for blacks was established in the 1860's

It was the Democrats who tried hard for the next 100 years to control the blacks into a second class existence.

The laws were long in place but Democrats century long disrespect for Constitutional law was the main reason for blacks rights being denied.

You need to do more reading of history.

I know my history quite well

you don't seen to understand how that history still affects society today.

and really does it matter if slavery ended in 1860 if it was still legal to marginalize Blacks? Still legal to lynch Blacks? Still legal to deny Blacks housing or education?

You are a riot since you can't even admit the main problem were FUCKING Democrats who screwed the blacks for 100 years, with the lynching, the vote tax, the segregation and other blatantly illegal crap that were mostly done by Democrats.

The lies about preventing blacks education is stupid because even the Democrats have supported and passed laws for children to attend school. but too many times, the inner city schools are underfunded, unsupported and crime ridden places. It is the Democrats and their fuck ass Teachers union who oppose school choice and vouchers that would help black families escape bad schools.

Slavery was abolished in 1868, no blacks has been a slave for 152 years, thus that effect no longer applies, your rationalization is bullcrap, it is an anchor to people whose great grandparents never experienced slavery, It is a crutch that needs to be thrown into the trash.

There are NO laws today in existence to marginalize blacks, that is a total lie YOU are promoting, here is what post 138 shows:

The Equal Pay Act of 1963

19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Women's Right to Vote (1920)

All Americans have the following:

Vote

Full Citizenship

Quittable pay

Full housing rights law

and many more.

Stop hanging onto the distant past as an excuse, it is what slows some blacks down, trying to find a way to remain unhappy and angry, which doesn't help anyone.

View attachment 437108

Try to keep up...

Are you blind?

Blind? No, that would be you.

View attachment 437108

Try to keep up...

Are you blind?

Blind? No, that would be you.

Then your reading comprehension is horrible.

The OP is all about slavery. It's not about some other thing that you wish we were discussing, but go ahead and feel free to start your own thread on whatever that is...

View attachment 437108

The past has become your anchor, it is a good thing Ophrah Winfrey didn't stay home whining about past injustices, otherwise she wouldn't be a BILLIONAIRE today.

Forum List

Back