The Irony of Whites Talking About Fatherless Black Families...

The descendants of the same people who would break up black families by selling them are today the loudest talking people trying to diss the black community about single parent families.

When people start talking about race, there are just some simple realities that cannot be denied. If you are white and don't like how you are portrayed, start thinking about how unpleasant it really is for us who are not white to be portrayed as weak inferior people who got conquered by a supposedly superior race and culture. It is not a pleasant subject. For this to end we all must face the unpleasantness.

The doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem comes from European civil law. It means; “That which is brought forth follows the belly.” This principle determined the legal status of children born by slave women in the America as well as other English or European colonies In colonial law, the partus doctrine justified enslavement, the indigenous people of the Americas and of the Africans imported to various European colonies personal property of those who imported them.

During the time American was a colony, this doctrine established de facto and de jure slavery for all children born to female slaves. Partus sequitur ventrem exempted the father from his obligations to children he fathered by slaves thereby creating the ability for slaveowners to have their way with enslaved women. Under this doctrine the biological father had no paternal responsibility to any child born to a slave woman. Because of this the slaver was provided the right to profit from exploiting the labor of children born to slaves. It gave the slaver the ability to sell children by taking them away from their biological parents. Partus sequitur ventrem was the doctrine that created the first family separation policy in what is now America.

Despite the claims of Africans selling each other, the doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem does not appear to be a part of the system of African slavery.

Partus Sequitur Ventrem — The Rule That Perpetrated Slavery And Legalized Rape

This was the legal doctrine that made any child of an American female slave a slave as well. It meant any white fathers had no financial responsibility for their progeny. They were free to rape their slaves at will as there were no laws against that either. With no concern for any children that might come from the forced union. In fact, there was a market for mulatto and octaroon children who would be purchased to work as domestics. Some owners (Thomas Jefferson) used their half-white slaves as their concubines, finding them more attractive the closer they were to white. Sally Hemings was Jefferson’s wife’s half-sister, the product of her father raping a slave. Then again the master might sell their offspring to keep the peace with their wives who might be annoyed at little slave children running around who favor their husbands.

Not talked about in proper society were the children of free white women and black slaves. White women who weren’t sure what color the child might be could get a legal abortion those days. “Cottonwood” was a remedy known to slaves who sometimes refused to have children after being raped or as often as the masters would like. Some women would be forced to have over a dozen children if they survived as death during childbirth was relatively common. The rare slave would be offered their freedom if they produced enough children. Sometimes the dark child of a white woman was abandoned or given away. Usually just sold off although technically they were legally free.

View attachment 437108

Partus Sequitur Ventrem — The Rule That Perpetrated Slavery And Legalized Rape | by William Spivey | Dialogue & Discourse | Medium

Partus sequitur ventrem legal definition of Partus sequitur ventrem (thefreedictionary.com)

I'm sure you keep track so how many times have you started this same garbage?

it is funny to watch conservatives yelling and yapping about planned parenthood and then turning around blaming it all on race...

Their weirdness about sex pairs well with their weirdness about race. If you read between the lines, you realize that these "conservatives" actually want these problems to continue. I don't know what sort of "victory" they seek, but they same to like human suffering a lot, as long as they are not the ones experiencing it.
Hatred and ignorance does you no favors.

Hatred doesn't play a part here. Ignorance does. These idiots don't want to prevent anything bad. They want it to continue. What goes through their minds is a mystery. Everything from seatbelts to antibiotics to monitoring the quality of drinking water makes us safer. These people's lives may be saved by the Covid-19 vaccine. I believe in using technology to prevent and solve problems in all demographic groups. There is no way to begin to count how many unintended pregnancies that PP has prevented. One would think that this would be considered a very desirable outcome. These "conservatives" are strangely silent about their motives, but nonetheless want to set policy for all Americans, regardless of race, sex, religion, or anything else, apparently based on nothing.
Claiming you know the minds of others, makes you God in your mind. Yet, you’re calling others idiots. Do you fail to see the problem with your discourse?

I said that I don't know what goes on in their minds. That is the problem. What do they want and why do they want it? What is their business with people outside of the group that shares whatever ideology they represent? They certainly eschew the idea of prevention.
You claim to know they hate black babies. How do you know this?

WTF??? Who said anything about "hating black babies"? Your comment is irrational. My comment focused on these people's apparent but inexplicable opposition to taking preventive measures, specifically to prevent the occurrence of unwanted pregnancies using available technology.
Your words, no?
The people who insist on talking about "black fatherless families" are just trying to cause racial division in our country for their own ugly and selfish purposes. Frankly, they don't give two shits about a black kid except to wail about abortion and blame.....

It's obvious from their words and actions, which I take it are expressions of their thoughts.
Yes you have the uncanny ability to know the thoughts of others. You’re amazing.

The descendants of the same people who would break up black families by selling them are today the loudest talking people trying to diss the black community about single parent families.

When people start talking about race, there are just some simple realities that cannot be denied. If you are white and don't like how you are portrayed, start thinking about how unpleasant it really is for us who are not white to be portrayed as weak inferior people who got conquered by a supposedly superior race and culture. It is not a pleasant subject. For this to end we all must face the unpleasantness.

The doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem comes from European civil law. It means; “That which is brought forth follows the belly.” This principle determined the legal status of children born by slave women in the America as well as other English or European colonies In colonial law, the partus doctrine justified enslavement, the indigenous people of the Americas and of the Africans imported to various European colonies personal property of those who imported them.

During the time American was a colony, this doctrine established de facto and de jure slavery for all children born to female slaves. Partus sequitur ventrem exempted the father from his obligations to children he fathered by slaves thereby creating the ability for slaveowners to have their way with enslaved women. Under this doctrine the biological father had no paternal responsibility to any child born to a slave woman. Because of this the slaver was provided the right to profit from exploiting the labor of children born to slaves. It gave the slaver the ability to sell children by taking them away from their biological parents. Partus sequitur ventrem was the doctrine that created the first family separation policy in what is now America.

Despite the claims of Africans selling each other, the doctrine of Partus sequitur ventrem does not appear to be a part of the system of African slavery.

This was the legal doctrine that made any child of an American female slave a slave as well. It meant any white fathers had no financial responsibility for their progeny. They were free to rape their slaves at will as there were no laws against that either. With no concern for any children that might come from the forced union. In fact, there was a market for mulatto and octaroon children who would be purchased to work as domestics. Some owners (Thomas Jefferson) used their half-white slaves as their concubines, finding them more attractive the closer they were to white. Sally Hemings was Jefferson’s wife’s half-sister, the product of her father raping a slave. Then again the master might sell their offspring to keep the peace with their wives who might be annoyed at little slave children running around who favor their husbands.

Not talked about in proper society were the children of free white women and black slaves. White women who weren’t sure what color the child might be could get a legal abortion those days. “Cottonwood” was a remedy known to slaves who sometimes refused to have children after being raped or as often as the masters would like. Some women would be forced to have over a dozen children if they survived as death during childbirth was relatively common. The rare slave would be offered their freedom if they produced enough children. Sometimes the dark child of a white woman was abandoned or given away. Usually just sold off although technically they were legally free.

View attachment 437108

Partus Sequitur Ventrem — The Rule That Perpetrated Slavery And Legalized Rape | by William Spivey | Dialogue & Discourse | Medium

Partus sequitur ventrem legal definition of Partus sequitur ventrem (thefreedictionary.com)

there are examples of all of the situations that
you have described as "law" in many other legal
systems in the world. In fact NOT just in reference
to black slaves or blacks in general. I don't know the
terminology in Latin or Greek or Chinese or Arabic
or Hindi

The very dubious and selective statistics in the Charles Blow article cited above reduce fatherhood to the level of an "uncle" in a normal family. He shows up occasionally ("...at least once a month...") but does not SUPPORT the family in any meaningful way. Indeed, the word, "family" is stretched to the limit by including this sperm donor and occasional friend as a part of it.

And if it is not the absence of a father in the permanent household (it does, but that's beside the point) then what is it that explains the 8-fold disproportionate violent criminality of the 6% of the American population that is the Black male?

"...The latest police data collected by the FBI indicates that blacks [almost exclusively males] comprised 58 percent of all murder arrests and 40 percent of those apprehended for all violent crimes. This disproportional involvement of African Americans in violent crime turns out to be the most significant factor of all in explaining the use of force against blacks by police." (The Facts on Race, Crime, and Policing in America - Law & Liberty)

It is axiomatic that "correlation does not equal causation," but the correlation between single-motherhood and crime, truancy, substance abuse, incarceration, and other social ills is too great to ignore. And one also finds that none of these problems exist in single-parent households where that single parent is the father.

Hmmm.

And to address the OP directly, the correlation/causation between maternal single-parenthood and this host of social ills, COUPLED WITH the relative ease of ENDING THIS PANDEMIC OF BASTARDY, is what one might term the "low-hanging fruit" of Black inequality. Statistically speaking, if American Blacks would stop having children out of wedlock, household inequality would be reduced by at least 50%. Intact Black families fare nearly as well as similarly situated intact white families by almost every measure.

If INEQUALITY is the problem, then why not fight it with the best tool we have: changing behavior?
Interesting reading.

View attachment 437108

Black families without fathers over the past sixty years wasn't caused by slavery, IM2...it's something that took place because of a short sighted welfare system that made it financially beneficial to NOT have a father in the house incentivized that to take place!

I am not entirely sure that it is the faulty welfare
system that did it to blacks ENTIRELY. It seems
to have had such an effect on the entire population.
The root of black peoples' approach to "family" and
children, IMHO----in at least a significant degree
lies in Africa

Black families without fathers are not the problem. But whites like yourself want to avoid the real problem.

LOL-Th.gif

An
The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism.
Nonsense

blacks create their own problems

Black welfare moms for instance lead to fatherless hoodlums who create fatherless children of their own when they arent in jail

The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. I say that having lived nearhly 60 years as a black man. You have not lived one second black, you are a racist and yet you think you can argue. So when you turn black and live a few ywars come talk to me.
And as a White who has lived over sixty years I can say you are full of crap. For every racist white I've met, I've met ten racist blacks or Latinos. All you want to do is to blame your failures on other people.

I knew this elderly black man. He admitted he was racist. I told him I found that counter productive and doesn't help anything.

He then told me the story about how it was his daughter that integrated the local schools. She was in elementary school and he would go everyday to eat lunch with her because no one else would. He would hear the names the other kids would call her (you can imagine). He said that was something he would never get over. I told him I understood.

He was made to hate white people because of of what white people had done to him. Calling hikm a racist when he was angry by the way whites treated him and his daughter is disingenuous. And it is this disingenuous stuff is what allows whites today to try claimjing blackgs are just as racist. I know that's not what your point is pknopp and so don't be offended. I am targeting my words for AZrailwhale whose comments are prime example of the disingenuousness I am talkking about. There is a difference in being taught that people are dumb, lazy, violent and criminal then consistently being mistreated and having to face the attitudes of whites who believe those teachings. AZrailwhale doesn't seem to see the difference because he's a racist and thinks he gets to be one and that blacks or Latinos are just going to take it.

AZrailwhale,

My failings are such that I helped build 3 organizations and retired from such work in my 50's. Now I work on personal projects on my time. Hopefully you have failed as badly as I have. So you can stop repeating that dumb ass line and face the truth. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism.

I suppose those who once worked making glass could choose welfare.

Or, those who once worked at making glass, could take advantage of the numerous re-training opportunities offered by both state and private educational facilities.

I have worked in three completely different fields, all of which required continuing education to stay employable. Any creature who cannot adapt, must perish.

View attachment 437121

Stupid generalizarions. Jobs have left by the hundred thousands. Yes people can retrain to take one of the barely above minimum wage jobs where available.

That doesn't solve the problem.
It's tough having to start over, but proof that it can be done happened in 08 after the economy went boom as in tanked in the criminal housing crisis.

Millions of workers were displaced, and people had to change careers, retrain, start over etc. This whiney, crying, dependency is breaking my heart. Toughen up snowflakes, life ain't easy, and it ain't written in stone on how to adjust to man made issues, but it is written in stone on how to mentally cope when have too.

An
The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism.
Nonsense

blacks create their own problems

Black welfare moms for instance lead to fatherless hoodlums who create fatherless children of their own when they arent in jail

The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. I say that having lived nearhly 60 years as a black man. You have not lived one second black, you are a racist and yet you think you can argue. So when you turn black and live a few ywars come talk to me.
And as a White who has lived over sixty years I can say you are full of crap. For every racist white I've met, I've met ten racist blacks or Latinos. All you want to do is to blame your failures on other people.

I knew this elderly black man. He admitted he was racist. I told him I found that counter productive and doesn't help anything.

He then told me the story about how it was his daughter that integrated the local schools. She was in elementary school and he would go everyday to eat lunch with her because no one else would. He would hear the names the other kids would call her (you can imagine). He said that was something he would never get over. I told him I understood.

He was made to hate white people because of of what white people had done to him. Calling hikm a racist when he was angry by the way whites treated him and his daughter is disingenuous. And it is this disingenuous stuff is what allows whites today to try claimjing blackgs are just as racist. I know that's not what your point is pknopp and so don't be offended. I am targeting my words for AZrailwhale whose comments are prime example of the disingenuousness I am talkking about. There is a difference in being taught that people are dumb, lazy, violent and criminal then consistently being mistreated and having to face the attitudes of whites who believe those teachings. AZrailwhale doesn't seem to see the difference because he's a racist and thinks he gets to be one and that blacks or Latinos are just going to take it.

AZrailwhale,

My failings are such that I helped build 3 organizations and retired from such work in my 50's. Now I work on personal projects on my time. Hopefully you have failed as badly as I have. So you can stop repeating that dumb ass line and face the truth. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism.

He said he was racist. I simply relayed his story.

I suppose those who once worked making glass could choose welfare.

Or, those who once worked at making glass, could take advantage of the numerous re-training opportunities offered by both state and private educational facilities.

I have worked in three completely different fields, all of which required continuing education to stay employable. Any creature who cannot adapt, must perish.

View attachment 437121

Stupid generalizarions. Jobs have left by the hundred thousands. Yes people can retrain to take one of the barely above minimum wage jobs where available.

That doesn't solve the problem.
It's tough having to start over, but proof that it can be done happened in 08 after the economy went boom as in tanked in the criminal housing crisis.

Millions of workers were displaced, and people had to change careers, retrain, start over etc. This whiney, crying, dependency is breaking my heart. Toughen up snowflakes, life ain't easy, and it ain't written in stone on how to adjust to man made issues, but it is written in stone on how to mentally cope when have too.

The jobs are overseas.

If you can do it why not millions of other black people?

As much as black racists like I'm2 stupid would like you to believe...it will never be white people, or the government's fault that black people are not raising their children properly, and instead are setting them up for failure.

At some point in your life no matter if you are black, white, brown, yellow, red...you have to stop blaming everyone and everything else for the problems you are facing (racism or no racism), and take personal responsibility for the changes you need to make to better yourself and your family.
They were on track after the civil right's were achieved, and this after a grand struggle was orchastrated by some great icon's like King, Douglas, and the like, but over time the culture kept changing, looking, and carving out new identities.

This they did while adjusting, and trying to fit in, and trying to be relevant, interesting, culturally in tune etc, but then thug culture somehow began to get stronger and stronger amongst the ranks, and it got stronger in and amongst the many of the youth who were still looking for a landing pad, a purpose, acceptance, a home, but sadly Hollyweird played them right into it's claws. The glorification of gang or thug culture by hollyweird, began setting the black's or any race that dealt in it in my opinion, back years and years as if it was being done on purpose.

Black's should be adamant on finding out who started thug/gang culture, and they should be rebuking it along with white families who are trying to keep their young from falling prey to it as well.

As much as black racists like I'm2 stupid would like you to believe...it will never be white people, or the government's fault that black people are not raising their children properly, and instead are setting them up for failure.

At some point in your life no matter if you are black, white, brown, yellow, red...you have to stop blaming everyone and everything else for the problems you are facing (racism or no racism), and take personal responsibility for the changes you need to make to better yourself and your family.
They were on track after the civil right's were achieved, and this after a grand struggle was orchastrated by some great icon's like King, Douglas, and the like, but over time the culture kept changing, looking, and carving out new identities.

This they did while adjusting, and trying to fit in, and trying to be relevant, interesting, culturally in tune etc, but then thug culture somehow began to get stronger and stronger amongst the ranks, and it got stronger in and amongst the many of the youth who were still looking for a landing pad, a purpose, acceptance, a home, but sadly Hollyweird played them right into it's claws. The glorification of gang or thug culture by hollyweird, began setting the black's or any race that dealt in it in my opinion, back years and years as if it was being done on purpose.

Black's should be adamant on finding out who started thug/gang culture, and they should be rebuking it along with white families who are trying to keep their young from falling prey to it as well.

HOLLYWOOD invented black culture?

HOLLYWOOD invented black culture?

Hollywood created and glorified the gang/thug culture , not "black culture".

The entire idea that black people should walks around with pants sagging, acting the fool isn't something they came up with as normative.
That was hollywood

Forum List

Back