The IRS and health care

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
With the recent shocking admission that the IRS was targeting political opponents in government, how does everyone now feel about the IRS taking over health care?

With the recent shocking admission that the IRS was targeting political opponents in government, how does everyone now feel about the IRS taking over health care?

The same way I did before. Difference is now we have current proof of why it's a BAD idea.

They aren't taking over health care. The bad actors should be fired.

Instead of this fauxrage you should be asking why all tax exempt groups aren't looked at extremely closely.

The same way I did before. Difference is now we have current proof of why it's a BAD idea.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Never been a fan of the IRS and most people I know have been a little afraid of them because they can audit you and if they say you owe, they can start confiscating stuff.

Nothing like knowing your very life is in the hands of those you are afraid of.

Instead of this fauxrage you should be asking why all tax exempt groups aren't looked at extremely closely.

In this particular case, the question is why weren't the leftwing tax exempt groups, such as the Occupoopers, looked at and only conservative groups were targeted. Not only that but they were asked questions that were not within the power of the IRS to ask. The IRS employees were the ones on a witchhunt and hoping to find something. Looks like all that digging didn't yield any results, so rest easy that the groups were operating within the laws.

Should we impose equal scrutiny on some leftist groups and see if they can pass the same test?

Knowing that there are some incredibly dishonest IRS employees. What if they decide to oversee healthcare with the same meanness they oversaw taxes? They could make our lives even tougher.

Last edited:
Apparently Sarah Hall Ingram has been appointed the Director of Obamacare.

IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office - ABC News

Who is she? Sarah served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations from 2009-2012. In other words, she should have lost her job due to the recent IRS scandal regarind tax-exempt organizations. Instead, Steven Miller took the fall even though he was going to quit in a few more months anyway.

This sends the message that Obama admits the a scandal within the IRS, but will only take steps to foster and promote more of the same and now it involves our health care.

Sarah Ingram needs to be the first person that goes to jail...make Obama pardon the bitch.

Uh the questions they asked, like is anyone in your group running for office, is none of the IRS business

and I'll ask you, WHY arent all groups treated the same way?

I'm thinking it will be necessary to go register as a democrat or you will die of a heart attack,

Uh the questions they asked, like is anyone in your group running for office, is none of the IRS business

and I'll ask you, WHY arent all groups treated the same way?

That is politics. It is about picking winners and losers. The winners are the people who throw their money and resources at those in power. The losers are everyone who tries to stop them or does not do the same.

Just think if they treated everyone the same. Who would bother to even vote?

I'm thinking it will be necessary to go register as a democrat or you will die of a heart attack,

Conservatives need to create their own secret society with doctors, lawyers, accountants etce etc. Heck, maybe they can create a new currency and simply bypass the entire current system of government.

Instilling FEAR in the members of a society is the hallmark of a 'Banana Republic'.
Welcome to the late, great United States. :eusa_think:

Because this is what you get when they are looked at extremely closely. When you have bullshit ambiguous rules that are enforced by political people, you end up with this crap. There is no way to clearly define tax free entities as they stand right now either. Where do you draw that line? How are you going to draw it in a way that is not subject to interpretation?

Such is impossible. The answer is NOT looking at all of them closely as you suggest. That is simply going to create more ‘bad actors’ because there is no clear way of defining that term in this context. The only real answer is to not look at them at all. Stop with the special favors and bullshit tax code. Tax them or don’t tax them but pick a damn position on it.

This is why we need a simple tax code. Flat rate, end of story with no special interests represented.

Forum List

Back