The Jewish People Have No Connection to the Lands of the British Mandate

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
On another thread, it was claimed that the Jewish people have no connection to the lands in question in this conflict.

This thread is intended for all those of similar mind to defend this claim.

Do the Jewish people have connections to the lands in question? I would challenge defenders to respond based on cultural attributes such as language, religion, stories, history, clothing, food, laws, celebrations, holidays, etc.

Initially, my question would be: Do you believe that the Jewish people NEVER inhabited the land in question?

Who are the Jewish people? It's like saying who are the Christian people. They could be Asians, Europeans, Africans etc. People of many different religions inhabited the area of the Middle East that was the Roman province of Palestine Prima and earlier Canaan, Philistia and its various sub tribal areas. Those of the Judaic religion are just one of the people that inhabited the region.

Might consider looking up a few facts before you post folks

The simple reality is that the Judaic people are endemic to the Canaan Valley area and roughly 3000 years ago settled Judea or modern day Israel ( which IMHO included all of Judea, meaning all areas of Israeli influence today plus Gaza which I'm Ok with leaving to the colonial Arabs )

Who are the Jewish people? It's like saying who are the Christian people. They could be Asians, Europeans, Africans etc. People of many different religions inhabited the area of the Middle East that was the Roman province of Palestine Prima and earlier Canaan, Philistia and its various sub tribal areas. Those of the Judaic religion are just one of the people that inhabited the region.

How do you define ANY people? How do you figure out if a group is a "people" with rights to things like self-determination?

What makes a Catalan a Catalan? What makes a Tibetan a Tibetan? What makes a Kurd a Kurd? What makes a Palestinian a Palestinian?

What differentiates a Canaanite from a Philistine?

How do you define ANY people? How do you figure out if a group is a "people" with rights to things like self-determination?

What makes a Catalan a Catalan? What makes a Tibetan a Tibetan? What makes a Kurd a Kurd? What makes a Palestinian a Palestinian?

What makes a palestinian is a very interesting question

Apparently the qualifications are rather lax

From
Palestine refugees | UNRWA
WHO ARE PALESTINE REFUGEES?
Palestine refugees are defined as “persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict.”

UNRWA services are available to all those living in its area of operations who meet this definition, who are registered with the Agency and who need assistance. The descendants of Palestine refugee males, including adopted children, are also eligible for registration. When the Agency began operations in 1950, it was responding to the needs of about 750,000 Palestine refugees. Today, some 5 million Palestine refugees are eligible for UNRWA services.
End Quote

Really ? ANYONE who's normal place of residence was palestine with a TWO YEAR PERIOD. Are you flipping serious ?

The efforts to justify Arab colonization of Judea are astounding

Boston1 I've been debating this topic for a very, very long time. No one has ever been able to differentiate for me in any meaningful way a South Syrian, a Jordanian and a Palestinian. They speak the same language, they share the same religious faith, they have the same laws, customs, stories, history, background, mode of dress, holidays, life celebrations, territories, etc. If someone would like to educate me -- I am most open to learning.

On the other hand, it is pretty easy to differentiate between say, the Catalans and the Spanish; the Coast Salish peoples and the Lakota and the British; between the Quebecois and other Canadians; the Scots and the English and the Welsh; the Korean and the Japanese.

It is ridiculously easy to identify Jewish culture.

What makes a palestinian is a very interesting question

Apparently the qualifications are rather lax

From
Palestine refugees | UNRWA
WHO ARE PALESTINE REFUGEES?
Palestine refugees are defined as “persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict.”

UNRWA services are available to all those living in its area of operations who meet this definition, who are registered with the Agency and who need assistance. The descendants of Palestine refugee males, including adopted children, are also eligible for registration. When the Agency began operations in 1950, it was responding to the needs of about 750,000 Palestine refugees. Today, some 5 million Palestine refugees are eligible for UNRWA services.
End Quote

Really ? ANYONE who's normal place of residence was palestine with a TWO YEAR PERIOD. Are you flipping serious ?

The efforts to justify Arab colonization of Judea are astounding
Two year was a Mandate rule for immigrant citizenship. That wasn't a UN thing.

Records show that there was very little Arab immigration.

Boston1 I've been debating this topic for a very, very long time. No one has ever been able to differentiate for me in any meaningful way a South Syrian, a Jordanian and a Palestinian. They speak the same language, they share the same religious faith, they have the same laws, customs, stories, history, background, mode of dress, holidays, life celebrations, territories, etc. If someone would like to educate me -- I am most open to learning.

On the other hand, it is pretty easy to differentiate between say, the Catalans and the Spanish; the Coast Salish peoples and the Lakota and the British; between the Quebecois and other Canadians; the Scots and the English and the Welsh; the Korean and the Japanese.

differentiate for me in any meaningful way a South Syrian, a Jordanian and a Palestinian.​

Before WWI they were all the same country. It is not their fault that they were divvied up by world powers.

Before WWI they were all the same country. It is not their fault that they were divvied up by world powers.

I'm not laying blame here, Tinmore. I'm trying to point out that no one rejects the establishment of Syria and Jordan nor the future establishment of Palestine as seperate sovereign nations despite their homogeneity.

Yet people reject Jewish "peoplehood". Why is that, do you think?

It is ridiculously easy to identify Jewish culture.​

Oh really?

F080419NS01.jpg

I'm not laying blame here, Tinmore. I'm trying to point out that no one rejects the establishment of Syria and Jordan nor the future establishment of Palestine as seperate sovereign nations despite their homogeneity.

Yet people reject Jewish "peoplehood". Why is that, do you think?
I don't think you are correct.

They reject the colonization and dispossession.

It is ridiculously easy to identify Jewish culture.​

Oh really?

F080419NS01.jpg

Oh please, what is your point? That I can't identify Jewish culture by asking these two a few simple questions? That Jewish culture must be entirely monolithic and identical to count? That beards and sidelocks and hats make one Jewish? Do better.

LOL yeah, its not even a question. The simple truth is that the 100% increase in palestinian Arab population in the 20 or so years leading up to Israeli independence are clearly a colonization by the Arab states of the mandated area in an effort to stack the deck against Jewish majority rule. The cultural differences between the various Arab colonialists vs the cultural similarities among the Judaic population are obvious

The topic of this thread is that the Jewish people have no connection to the land in question. Do you agree with this or disagree? If you agree -- tell me why. If you disagree -- tell me why. Everything else is off-topic.

The topic of this thread is that the Jewish people have no connection to the land in question. Do you agree with this or disagree? If you agree -- tell me why. If you disagree -- tell me why. Everything else is off-topic.
Sure they do and those who lived there became Palestinian citizens in 1925.

It seems strange that for hundreds of years there was almost no immigration. Then the Zionist colonial project started importing them by the boatload.

Sure they do and those who lived there became Palestinian citizens in 1925.

It seems strange that for hundreds of years there was almost no immigration. Then the Zionist colonial project started importing them by the boatload.

The Judaic people obviously have a connection to the land of Judea, all of it.

PS And the first thing those palestinian colonists did in 1925 was to start a war with its Jewish neighbors on May 15 1948 and lose.

Forum List

Back