The "Job Creators" Fantasy Is A Malignant Myth The Rich Use To Squeeze The Working Class

It can (and always does, in practice). I worked at a company that restructured it's wage and salary schedule. Our base salary was reduced by 20% and we were "gifted" with a generous profit sharing plan. The first year, the owner's wife blew all company profits on a vanity project - zero profits.

You'd likely get a pay raise if the profit sharing plan were canceled (assuming you generate profits).

All profit sharing amounts to is employers pushing risk onto their employees. If the employer fuck's up and doesn't make any profits, they get a break because they won't have to pay employees as much.

The bottom line is - I don't want to accept risk for decisions I'm not making.
It's hard to believe that you could be forced to take a 20% pay cut. That isn't how it works everywhere else.

As an employee, you are always at risk for decisions that you are not making. When the business goes south you get laid off.

If you have any illusions that being an employee gives you any security, you are delusional.

They wouldn't be mandated by law, that's for sure.

Yes, yes - and the sky falling in chunks all around us. People wallowing in their own feces until they die. Because minimum wage.

Oh, I see. That's all you got. Sorry.

You apparently know nothing of the history of worker/ Management relations in this country or the rest of the world.

Stick to topics that you know something about, like tinker toys.

You apparently know nothing of the history of worker/ Management relations in this country or the rest of the world.

Nah. None of that. I'm just not interested in your "big ideas". You know, the ideas so good they have to be mandated by law. Form your own company and mandate whatever like, but leave the police out of it. The government isn't here to force your will on others.

They wouldn't be mandated by law, that's for sure.

Yes, yes - and the sky falling in chunks all around us. People wallowing in their own feces until they die. Because minimum wage.

Oh, I see. That's all you got. Sorry.

Nah. None of that. I'm just not interested in your "big ideas". You know, the ideas so good they have to be mandated by law. Form your own company and mandate whatever like, but leave the police out of it. The government isn't here to force your will on others.

The government is there to protect people's rights and to promote the general welfare.

Insuring that people get fair compensation is definitely the government's responsibility.

The economically advantaged should not be allowed to take advantage of the economically unadvantaged.

The government is there to protect people's rights and to promote the general welfare.
Right. It's not there to force your preferences on others.
Insuring that people get fair compensation is definitely the government's responsibility.
No, it's not. The Constitution doesn't even come close to saying that (and spare me the "general welfare" horseshit).
The economically advantaged should not be allowed to take advantage of the economically unadvantaged.
We totally need that hand-jerking-off emoji. Mods?

Actually the top ten percent Have more like 99% of the money, and the top 1% account for more than 70% all by themselves.

But that's not even the issue. The problem is the rates. I made about $150,000 last year and my effective tax rate was 31%.

Bill gates paid about 15%.

He paid more money in absolute terms, but I gave more of what I made than he did.

And even if he paid the same rate it would effect him much less than it does me.

Or you.
You think GATES paid 15%? Boy, what are you smoking....he paid far less. THE GATES FOUNDATION IS a tax avoidance scheme if that helps you. The fucker from Omaho Buffet who pushed the 15% nonsense, saying billionaires like him needed to pay more owed about 1 billion $$$$ in back taxes.

Wages are negotiated between the employee and the employer are in fact a private contract and those contracts are not the concern of any other party
At least one other party is required to enforce those private contracts.

Society has determined that government is the appropriate referee.

Although, when it's the best government money can buy, private employers can easily dictate the outcome:

Natalie Edwards Was Imprisoned this Month by the U.S. for Blowing the Whistle on Wall Street Banks’ Laundering of Dirty Money

Society had a great deal to say (and do) when private capitalists decided some human beings didn't require any pay:
BLKC7ZqEBf8ty6IBCm0ZTdRfKAcy1ilk7sREprtWx6TwZ4iPbxc2-w3nwa1MTKVz8AjvfXLt0xeKUaVggozcYG8pRKNmK57GzKdUsW6-xa-OFsBwpUhZ6BLJ

American Slavery and American Capitalism - Commonplace

And there really is no need for a minimum wage as no employer would ever attract any employees if they paid too little.
What institution would prevent employer organizations to decide how much their workers should be paid. The real value of the minimum wage has declined 24% since 1968. How many more US families would be living below the federal poverty level threshold today with a floor beneath their wages?

What institution would prevent employer organizations to decide how much their workers should be paid. The real value of the minimum wage has declined 24% since 1968. How many more US families would be living below the federal poverty level threshold today with a floor beneath their wages?
. The real value of the minimum wage has declined 24% since 1968.

What is the value of the USD today vs. 1968, Karl?

At least one other party is required to enforce those private contracts.

Society has determined that government is the appropriate referee.

Although, when it's the best government money can buy, private employers can easily dictate the outcome:

Natalie Edwards Was Imprisoned this Month by the U.S. for Blowing the Whistle on Wall Street Banks’ Laundering of Dirty Money
That's what the courts are for.

An employee is free to sue his employer for breach of contract.

No one else needs to be involved.

None.

The so called poverty level is an arbitrary statistic invented by the government.

You think GATES paid 15%? Boy, what are you smoking....he paid far less. THE GATES FOUNDATION IS a tax avoidance scheme if that helps you. The fucker from Omaho Buffet who pushed the 15% nonsense, saying billionaires like him needed to pay more owed about 1 billion $$$$ in back taxes.
Then let's got get them.

Forum List

Back