The Judicial branch, the only way to promote the liberal agenda

My point is the will of the people will vote down the far left liberal agenda every time all the time

Too stupid, dear. When we Republicans overreached the legislatures of the Progressives under TR and WW, the New Dealers and FDR and HT, and the liberals under JFK and LBJ and BHO stuck the Peoples' Will up our Republican butts.

Last edited:
Conservatives are pretty upset about seeing rights extended to groups they fear and hate. But this is ALWAYS the case, isn't it? Has there ever been a Conservative movement that championed civil rights or advocated protecting the rights of any minority? Nope! If you're Conservative, the attitude is "I got mine and any other group is getting 'special' rights".

And those Conservatives claim to LOVE the constitution, until they see that the reality of our constitution is to protect the rights of unpopular groups and individuals. As it turns out, popular groups don't really need codified protections. But unpopular groups most certainly do.

So the Conservative who wraps himself in dual layers of ideological righteousness and love for the constitution is befuddled when that constitution actually works.

Ladies, we're getting off the track here.

You could fill books with decisions of the United States Supreme Court, purportedly "interpreting" the Constitution, where the Constitution is either silent on the issue, or says the opposite of what the Court declared. In fact, if you track the number of pages in the majority decision, the longer the opinion is, the more likely that that opinion turns the Constitution upside down.

Start with the First Amendment. "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion..." What it says and means is, "The U.S. won't have a national religion like England does." There is no "wall of separation between Church and State," or anything like it. This "wall" is a pure myth, copied out of a bit of personal correspondence and etched in stone as though it were ABOVE the actual words of the Constitution in importance.

When the First Amendment was written, the Founding Fathers started each session with a prayer, and many of the state constitutions overtly mentioned god. Hell, the Declaration of Independence tells us that God is the source of our basic rights. And yet the Court has interpreted this to mean that Government (and not just the Federal government) must be purged of any mention or thought of not only God and/or religion, but of anything having to do with God or religion (e.g., the Ten Commandments), despite the fact that 90% of our criminal laws are based in the Judeo/Christian ethic. In legal terms, this is "bullshit." Foisted on the American public by Liberal justices.

What about "affirmative action"? It is not only not mentioned in the Constitution or promoted in the Constitution, it is EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED by the "equal protection" clause of the 14th Amendment. And yet Liberal justices have forced this on the American public for generations now, without any Congressional or majority popular support EVER. Notice that even today, THERE IS NOT A SINGLE LAW in any State in the union (or in the United States Code) that requires affirmative action to promote the singling out of any racial or ethnic group for special treatment. Look at the word games they play even today with "diversity" and other such nonsense, so that Liberal college administrators can perpetuate this failed policy initiative that sprang from the minds of Liberals on the Supreme Court.

Liberals on the Supreme Court basically eliminated the death penalty for YEARS, simply because they didn't like it. They interpreted the expression "cruel and unusual punishment" to mean whatever they thought it ought to mean - ignoring the fact that, for example, when the 8th Amendment was ratified you could be executed for stealing a horse. It was only after the state legislatures spent years jumping through hoops to meet the Court's guidelines that the death penalty again became a reality.

There are dozens of other examples of Liberal initiatives being forced on the American public by Courts - in violation of their oaths to protect and defend the constitution and laws of the states they represent. And all this is done in the name of "interpreting" the documents.

Look at what the Massachusetts Supreme Court did with gay "marriage." They found in the Massachusetts Constitution a non-existent right of people to marry other people of the same gender. THEY MADE IT UP! And they did it in such a way that the Legislature was powerless to do anything about it for at least two years, during which time thousands of couples could be "married" under their perverse guidance.

Governor Romney (remember him?) CLEARLY had an obligation to go around the Court and refuse to abide by its decision, based on HIS obligation to govern according to the actual Massachusetts constitution, but he failed to do so.

Truly, the Judicial branch has been the tool of the Left to implement its agenda, because they have simply lacked the support of enough of the citizenry to get it done otherwise.

And it goes on even as we read this.

Ladies, we're getting off the track here.

You could fill books with decisions of the United States Supreme Court, purportedly "interpreting" the Constitution, where the Constitution is either silent on the issue, or says the opposite of what the Court declared. In fact, if you track the number of pages in the majority decision, the longer the opinion is, the more likely that that opinion turns the Constitution upside down.

Start with the First Amendment. "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion..." What it says and means is, "The U.S. won't have a national religion like England does." There is no "wall of separation between Church and State," or anything like it. This "wall" is a pure myth, copied out of a bit of personal correspondence and etched in stone as though it were ABOVE the actual words of the Constitution in importance.

When the First Amendment was written, the Founding Fathers started each session with a prayer, and many of the state constitutions overtly mentioned god. Hell, the Declaration of Independence tells us that God is the source of our basic rights. And yet the Court has interpreted this to mean that Government (and not just the Federal government) must be purged of any mention or thought of not only God and/or religion, but of anything having to do with God or religion (e.g., the Ten Commandments), despite the fact that 90% of our criminal laws are based in the Judeo/Christian ethic. In legal terms, this is "bullshit." Foisted on the American public by Liberal justices.

What about "affirmative action"? It is not only not mentioned in the Constitution or promoted in the Constitution, it is EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED by the "equal protection" clause of the 14th Amendment. And yet Liberal justices have forced this on the American public for generations now, without any Congressional or majority popular support EVER. Notice that even today, THERE IS NOT A SINGLE LAW in any State in the union (or in the United States Code) that requires affirmative action to promote the singling out of any racial or ethnic group for special treatment. Look at the word games they play even today with "diversity" and other such nonsense, so that Liberal college administrators can perpetuate this failed policy initiative that sprang from the minds of Liberals on the Supreme Court.

Liberals on the Supreme Court basically eliminated the death penalty for YEARS, simply because they didn't like it. They interpreted the expression "cruel and unusual punishment" to mean whatever they thought it ought to mean - ignoring the fact that, for example, when the 8th Amendment was ratified you could be executed for stealing a horse. It was only after the state legislatures spent years jumping through hoops to meet the Court's guidelines that the death penalty again became a reality.

There are dozens of other examples of Liberal initiatives being forced on the American public by Courts - in violation of their oaths to protect and defend the constitution and laws of the states they represent. And all this is done in the name of "interpreting" the documents.

Look at what the Massachusetts Supreme Court did with gay "marriage." They found in the Massachusetts Constitution a non-existent right of people to marry other people of the same gender. THEY MADE IT UP! And they did it in such a way that the Legislature was powerless to do anything about it for at least two years, during which time thousands of couples could be "married" under their perverse guidance.

Governor Romney (remember him?) CLEARLY had an obligation to go around the Court and refuse to abide by its decision, based on HIS obligation to govern according to the actual Massachusetts constitution, but he failed to do so.

Truly, the Judicial branch has been the tool of the Left to implement its agenda, because they have simply lacked the support of enough of the citizenry to get it done otherwise.

And it goes on even as we read this.

The Constitution does not mention marriage. But it does mention equal protection of our laws. That is where our "Liberal Courts" have had to get involved when overzealous Conservatives pass laws that infringe on the rights of an individual.

That is why we have courts in the first place

Granting corporations the same rights as citizens is a LEFTIST thing?

Declaring that MONEY = FREE SPEECH is a Leftist thing?

See?

This is why I think the terms LEFT AND RIGHT as currently used by folks in politics made zero sense.

If you think the LEFT wants to grant well heeled CAPITALISTS (via their corporations) then what does the RIGHT stand for?

The little guy? The workers?

Labels mean NOTHING in this place.

Anyone using them is seeking to confuse the issue.

Our current Supreme Court is the most conservative it has been in 50 years

And yet the rightwing nutjobs still consider them to be liberal because they do not rubberstamp their agenda of guns, gays and god

I never claimed any different
My point is the will of the people will vote down the far left liberal agenda every time all the time
The constitution states nothing about a woman killing a fetus, an un born child
The constitution states nothing about the act of Marriage, but the legeslative branch clearly did
I swear to god you have no understanding as to how any-one can rule on a part of the constitution that does not exist
It's a conservative majority that's doing the "ruling" numbnuts!

Every President does not get every decision correct.
Congress makes mistakes on some legislation
The Courts also have made some bad judgements

What is consistent is that over time they do get it right. Our Supreme Court has been critical in civil rights, womens rights and thousands of other decisions

I agree except that the woman as well as the minority cannot have any more rights than they have
My god the single, white male from the south is the only minority left
I am okay with that
I never seen a difference in race until the US govt showed it to me
I never owned a slave, never was for it, and it was the worst thing this country ever had
but
this country had it, not just the south
and
when it was ended, as it should have been, it was time to move on

Save me your tears......

Our court system is there to protect your rights just as any other Americans. Those "single, white males from the south" did a pretty effective job of terrorizing blacks for 100 years. The courts finally stepped in to stop them

What does that have to do with me?
I never claimed they were treated anything but wrong, 150 years ago
but does that make it right for them to be treated any different today than me? you??
Slavery has been dead here for 150 years

I agree except that the woman as well as the minority cannot have any more rights than they have
I am okay with that
I never owned a slave, never was for it, and it was the worst thing this country ever had
but
and

Save me your tears......

Our court system is there to protect your rights just as any other Americans. Those "single, white males from the south" did a pretty effective job of terrorizing blacks for 100 years. The courts finally stepped in to stop them

but does that make it right for them to be treated any different today than me? you??

What does that have to do with you?

You are the one whining like a little bitch

The constitution states nothing about the act of Marriage, but the legeslative branch clearly did
I swear to god you have no understanding as to how any-one can rule on a part of the constitution that does not exist
It's a conservative majority that's doing the "ruling" numbnuts!

Numbnuts?
Kennedy is a full blodied Liberal 110%
if not Obama-caregets the judgement it got
I cannot wait until a congress pases a law stating you must buy a gun, or a cigar, or a four wheel drive and then tell me it is all good

I am okay with that
but
and

Save me your tears......

If the injustices meted out to Blacks ended with the Civil War, you might have a point. But if you lived through the 1940s, 50s and 60s you might have a different outlook.

Black men when they applied to vote were asked how many bubbles in a bar of soap. If they could not answer, they were denied their right to vote. They were subjected to 'literacy tests' where a Chinese menu was handed to them and then they were asked to decipher Mandarin Chinese. If they could not, they were denied their right to vote. Blacks were subjected to massive discrimination and segregation which made the chance of building networks among business owners impossible.

If you think civil rights were settled at Appomattox, you don't have any appreciation for history at all.

Numbnuts?
I cannot wait until a congress pases a law stating you must buy a gun, or a cigar, or a four wheel drive and then tell me it is all good
There is a conservative majority in the Supreme Court, idiot!

Numbnuts?
There is a conservative majority in the Supreme Court, idiot!

No, there is an Authoritarian Majority on the Supreme, 9 to 0.

As well as taking away the will of the people

This coming from the side that claims to love the Constitution

As I stated here-in
the constitution has no claim to an un-born child
yet the supreme court stated it did and it would be okay to kill that un-born child
same with gay "rights"
Congress stated the will of the people, and as far as gay rights go, there is nothing else in the constitution that talks to that
yet if you make it up, it become's law
against the will of the people
It is 100% about the constitution

There is no protection of personhood rights of fetuses in the Constitution, either explicitly or implicitly;

to give the fetus constitutional rights the Supreme Court would have had to invent them.

Homosexual persons, however, are persons. Their rights as persons equal to any other person's rights are an indisputable constitutional protection.

As well as taking away the will of the people

Wait I thought it was executive order...wait I thought it was passing laws that make it legal?
Wait now its scotus and judges?

You fucking retards have no clue as to what to blame anymore. You are so fucking wrong about certain issues its amazing.

I swear to god you people don't understand our system of government AT ALL. State legislators and people's initiatives can pass all the laws they want to, but those laws can and should be questioned if they are believed to violate the U.S. Constitution.

Jesus christ you seriously dont understand how our government works do you?
Go down to your library and educate yourself.

Forum List

Back