The largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world...

Is that why East Germany built the Trabant and West Germany built the Mercedes?
It's because US capitalists and UK capitalists defeated German capitalists in WWI and II; do you think the millions of dead civilians gives your side the moral high ground?
-fX4cTp8BKMkneE0AjL4fshP4b-ptnAhoBXvDTLzSeA.jpg

Do you still cry yourself to sleep because Reagan crushed the Soviet Union?

If I wanted to start a company, why would I start one if the control would be in the hands of employees.

The idea is ridiculous and would never work.
Too late:eek:
It has already worked numerous times.
This is probably the best known example
:

Mondragon Corporation - Wikipedia

"The Mondragon Corporation is a corporation and federation of worker cooperatives based in the Basque region of Spain. It is the largest cooperative in the world.[4]

"It was founded in the town of Mondragon in 1956 by José María Arizmendiarrieta and a group of his students at a technical college he founded. Its first product was paraffin heaters.

"It is the tenth-largest Spanish company in terms of asset turnover and the leading business group in the Basque Country. At the end of 2014, it employed 74,117 people in 257 companies and .

"At the end of 2014, it employed 74,117 people in 257 companies and organizations in four areas of activity: finance, industry, retail and knowledge.[5] By 2019 81,507 people were employed."

Oh good, Spain, that has worked well. If i ever move to Spain, I know where not to work. Pretty good for an overseas operation. How many of their products have you bought? None?

That few know about, thanks to a billionaire/government controlled corporate media.

Are not the following words depressingly true?

The Institute for Policy Studies has just released a new analysis showing that since the start of the Covid-19 “pandemic” in mid-March and the subsequent transfer upwards of $5 trillion to the wealthy and largest corporations through the Cares Act, approved 96-0 in the U.S. Senate, 650 U.S. billionaires have gained over a trillion dollars in eight months as the America people have suffered an economic catastrophe. This shift upward of massive wealth under Trump is similar to Obama’s massive 2009 bailout of the banks on the backs of American workers. Both were justified through feats of legerdemain by both political parties, accomplices in the fleecing of regular people, many of whom continue to support the politicians that screw them while telling them they care.

If the Democrats and the Republicans are at war as is often claimed, it is only over who gets the larger part of the spoils. Trump and Biden work for the same bosses, those I call the Umbrella People (those who own and run the country through their intelligence/military/media operatives), who produce and direct the movie that keeps so many Americans on the edge of their seats in the hope that their chosen good guy wins in the end.

The Past Lives On: The Elite Strategy To Divide and Conquer – Edward Curtin
Of course the bailout of the banks was tarp under George w bush and the GOP who caused the great recession with their usual corrupt deregulation bubble and bust. Great job! Obama stimulus was for main Street and worked great except it was probably too small. Little did they know they would be up against total ridiculous GOP obstruction for 8 years.... Change the channel
The blind partisan.

The only two parties in power since before the 1900s have been Republicans and Democrats. They have both written and passed laws that have hurt the American workers, yet partisans are still blind and unwilling to admit their party is 50% responsible, this attitude just leads to the problem getting worse.
Exactly right. These damn fool partisans are the reason why have had corrupt people in power. Yet they are too feeble minded to recognize this.
Do you consider Trump supporters Republican partisans? I don't. Trump supporters are Republicans who have broken the establishment chain, much the opposite of the Lincoln project assholes who are total elitist partisans. Trump is the only candidate who was pro worker. His job and wage increases proved that. The American worker is going to take a big hit with Biden, much like they would under someone like Hillary or Jeb Bush.
The problem is Trump is a conman. He may not be an establishment R, but he’s not for the working class.

Yes, he deserves credit for not starting wars as his war criminal predecessors did and credit for speaking about the problems the working class faces, but he’s done little to help the working class.

As my OP outlines, the CARES Act he signed gave peanuts to the people and trillions to the rich, just as Ears and W did during the Great Recession.
In Trump's defense, the Care act was the product of a Democrat house and Trump even told them to just get something to him and he'd sign it. There was a lot of total BS spending in that bill as there always is. The last one that didn't make it through would have been twice as bad. And as far as not helping the working man, I'm retired on a fixed income and Trump's tax cuts got me an extra $3000 on my return and I'm not a rich guy. I've always hated our stupid free trade agreements and open borders. That was also a plus for Trump. And I doubt if we will ever see another President with the ability to work that Trump has. To me he was amazing. But I too had a problem with his constant self congratulations. In the end, I think his biggest positive is all the total rat bastards who worked to get him out. Those are the insiders who felt Trump was threatening their rigged deals. You know, the lobbyists, the Koch brothers, the NWO globalists, the multi nationals, the free traders and the neocons of the Lincoln project to name a few.

I’m not proposing doing anything right now. We are discussing whether wealth accumulation and inequality is an issue or not. Consumers didn’t just decide they like Papa John’s more. They decided they liked paying $12 for a pizza instead of $20. And papa John’s can work on lower margins
Because they have buying power. Rinse and repeat. This is happening across most industries

And it's been happening for the last 35 years that I can remember. This is all consumer driven, not government driven, not party driven. As a whole, we opted for cheaper prices even if it means much less quality right down to our food. Middle-aged and younger people don't know what a real Big Mac tastes like, or a real Whopper. Those were great sandwiches when they first came out. As Americans got cheaper, so did the ingredients in those sandwiches. The only two franchises that stayed the same are KFC and Wendy's, but you're not going to get any item from these two places that you get a Popeye's or Rally's for the same money. Here, there isn't a pizza place that isn't a franchise for ten miles. A new one is going to open up this month, we'll see if they can survive selling quality food at a higher price.
My uncle has been in the Pizza business his whole life. It’s a dying industry as it’s being taken over by a few franchises. This is happening across industries. Owners are being turning into employees. Home owners are being turned into renters. Play that out for another 35 years and tell me what that looks like...
It'll get much worse under establishment elitists like Biden.
Perhaps. But to be clear are you agreeing that the core of the problem we are discussing is in fact a problem?
I do agree. But really, too big to fail are just words now days. It's what asshole politicians from both parties say when they want to make believe they're concerned. In reality, your uncle's problem is of no concern to them.

That few know about, thanks to a billionaire/government controlled corporate media.

The Institute for Policy Studies has just released a new analysis showing that since the start of the Covid-19 “pandemic” in mid-March and the subsequent transfer upwards of $5 trillion to the wealthy and largest corporations through the Cares Act, approved 96-0 in the U.S. Senate, 650 U.S. billionaires have gained over a trillion dollars in eight months as the America people have suffered an economic catastrophe. This shift upward of massive wealth under Trump is similar to Obama’s massive 2009 bailout of the banks on the backs of American workers. Both were justified through feats of legerdemain by both political parties, accomplices in the fleecing of regular people, many of whom continue to support the politicians that screw them while telling them they care.

If the Democrats and the Republicans are at war as is often claimed, it is only over who gets the larger part of the spoils. Trump and Biden work for the same bosses, those I call the Umbrella People (those who own and run the country through their intelligence/military/media operatives), who produce and direct the movie that keeps so many Americans on the edge of their seats in the hope that their chosen good guy wins in the end.

Of course the bailout of the banks was tarp under George w bush and the GOP who caused the great recession with their usual corrupt deregulation bubble and bust. Great job! Obama stimulus was for main Street and worked great except it was probably too small. Little did they know they would be up against total ridiculous GOP obstruction for 8 years.... Change the channel
The blind partisan.

The only two parties in power since before the 1900s have been Republicans and Democrats. They have both written and passed laws that have hurt the American workers, yet partisans are still blind and unwilling to admit their party is 50% responsible, this attitude just leads to the problem getting worse.
Total b*******. All the GOP cares about is cutting taxes on the rich and giant corporations and screwing everybody else. They have blocked a living wage healthcare daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations and ID card to end illegal immigration the only solution, and mainly getting the rich to pay their fair share. Their Nixon reconciliation rule means they only need 51 votes in the Senate for tax cuts for the rich and service cuts for everyone else, while the Democrats need 60 votes for reform. Quite the scam, brainwashed functional moron.... And Trump's tax cuts for the rich are permanent while tax cuts for the rest end in 2024. Enjoy!

The blind partisan.

Total b*******. All the GOP cares about is cutting taxes on the rich and giant corporations and screwing everybody else. They have blocked a living wage healthcare daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations and ID card to end illegal immigration the only solution, and mainly getting the rich to pay their fair share. Their Nixon reconciliation rule means they only need 51 votes in the Senate for tax cuts for the rich and service cuts for everyone else, while the Democrats need 60 votes for reform. Quite the scam, brainwashed functional moron.... And Trump's tax cuts for the rich are permanent while tax cuts for the rest end in 2024. Enjoy!

You're right, Dems are useless twats.

The blind partisan.

Exactly right. These damn fool partisans are the reason why have had corrupt people in power. Yet they are too feeble minded to recognize this.
Do you consider Trump supporters Republican partisans? I don't. Trump supporters are Republicans who have broken the establishment chain, much the opposite of the Lincoln project assholes who are total elitist partisans. Trump is the only candidate who was pro worker. His job and wage increases proved that. The American worker is going to take a big hit with Biden, much like they would under someone like Hillary or Jeb Bush.
The problem is Trump is a conman. He may not be an establishment R, but he’s not for the working class.

Yes, he deserves credit for not starting wars as his war criminal predecessors did and credit for speaking about the problems the working class faces, but he’s done little to help the working class.

As my OP outlines, the CARES Act he signed gave peanuts to the people and trillions to the rich, just as Ears and W did during the Great Recession.
In Trump's defense, the Care act was the product of a Democrat house and Trump even told them to just get something to him and he'd sign it. There was a lot of total BS spending in that bill as there always is. The last one that didn't make it through would have been twice as bad. And as far as not helping the working man, I'm retired on a fixed income and Trump's tax cuts got me an extra $3000 on my return and I'm not a rich guy. I've always hated our stupid free trade agreements and open borders. That was also a plus for Trump. And I doubt if we will ever see another President with the ability to work that Trump has. To me he was amazing. But I too had a problem with his constant self congratulations. In the end, I think his biggest positive is all the total rat bastards who worked to get him out. Those are the insiders who felt Trump was threatening their rigged deals. You know, the lobbyists, the Koch brothers, the NWO globalists, the multi nationals, the free traders and the neocons of the Lincoln project to name a few.
His tax cuts for the rich are permanent while the rest end in 2024. Funny thing .

The blind partisan.

You're right, Dems are useless twats.
And the GOP lie endlessly and Rob the country blind for the greedy idiot rich, brainwashed functional moron period stupidest voters in the modern world by far and you're so proud of yourselves. Absolute idiocy.

Bottom line is there is no such thing as unearned income unless you have a rich relative in your family die off and leave you a bunch of money. All other income is earned
How would you classify dividend income?

The Incredibly Unproductive Shareholder

"It’s fashionable these days to fret about the high level of CEO pay and its seeming disconnection from individual or corporate performance.

"But to cast CEOs as the paragons of greed simply distracts attention from today’s real business parasites: shareholders."

If you think landlords just sit back and collect money, you don't know anything about the rental business. I haven't been on a vacation in over 35 years
How many hours have you spent sleeping over those 35 years?
0l4e06zmdbu31.jpg

Sounds awful!!!

The owner has to pay more in property tax.
And now the renters have to pay more.

Fucking government!!!

LOL!

Thanks, that was funny.

Bottom line is there is no such thing as unearned income unless you have a rich relative in your family die off and leave you a bunch of money. All other income is earned
How would you classify dividend income?

The Incredibly Unproductive Shareholder

"It’s fashionable these days to fret about the high level of CEO pay and its seeming disconnection from individual or corporate performance.

"But to cast CEOs as the paragons of greed simply distracts attention from today’s real business parasites: shareholders."

Despite their enormous power, shareholders are the sole group exempt from the requirement to be productive.

Wah.....owners are mean......now give us what you own....DURR

Forum List

Back