The Liberal Commitment.....

You need to learn about zoning laws and the obvious, don't fuck with the locals. Maybe they don't have zoning laws where you come from...

Vulgarity: the Liberal version of a white flag.

Great.
You need to learn how adults talk, and think.

Tell us, this Free of Speech you are so proud of, are there any valid restrictions on it? We're still waiting on an answer from you, many days later...

Translation: I whipped you up, down, and sideways.

Free speech is free....with only the Brandenburg test as a possible exception.

The Brandenburg test (also known as the imminent lawless action test)[edit]
The three distinct elements of this test (intent, imminence, and likelihood) have distinct precedential lineages.

Judge Learned Hand was possibly the first judge to advocate the intent standard, in Masses Publishing Co. v. Patten,[10] reasoning that "f one stops short of urging upon others that it is their duty or their interest to resist the law, it seems to me one should not be held to have attempted to cause its violation". The Brandenburg intent standard is more speech-protective than Hand's formulation, which contained no temporal element.

The imminence element was a departure from earlier rulings. Brandenburg did not explicitly overrule the bad tendency test, but it appears that after Brandenburg, the test is de facto overruled. The Brandenburg test effectively made the time element of the clear and present danger test more defined and more rigorous.
Brandenburg v. Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now....drop back anytime you require further education.
Nice cut and paste. How about in your own words, or do you agree with the above Supreme Court ruling that Free Speech can be restricted?

BTW, that's not the only exception, there are many. So, are these okay? United States free speech exceptions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So....an admission that the only objection you are reduced to is the method with which the material is provided???

Excellent.
I have issues with Free Speech exemptions, I'm a liberal, but it's doubtful you would have any, or even understand the concept.

....to tolerance, freedom of thought, and belief...

.....simply doesn't exist. I'll prove it,

A prime example of thought-crime police, patrolled and enforced by your Liberal government:

Yesterday:
"The Denver City Council is taking its time deciding whether Chick-fil-A, whose CEO is opposed to gay marriage, should be allowed to open a restaurant in the Denver airport." Denver puts Chick-fil-A's restaurant bid on back burner

What happens to those who dare to have an opinion that differs from that endorsed by Liberals/Progressives/Democrats?
Pay attention:

1. Once upon a time in America....actually, in the summer of 2012, a fast food CEO became embroiled in a battle because he had an opinion that ran counter to the Liberal viewpoint.

"In July 2012, [Dan] Cathy made headlines when he said "guilty as charged" in response to a question about whether the company was in"support of the traditional family.".... his views on same-sex marriage have not changed.

"I think the time of truths and principles are captured and codified in God’s word and I’m just personally committed to that,” he told the AJC [The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ].

“I know others feel very different from that and I respect their opinion and I hope that they would be respectful of mine.
[Get that? He's obviously not a Liberal.]
... I think that’s a political debate that’s going to rage on. And the wiser thing for us to do is to stay focused on customer service.”

... last June when the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, [he tweetied], "Sad day for our nation; founding fathers would be ashamed of our gen. to abandon wisdom of the ages re: cornerstone of strong societies."
Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Controversy

2. Of course, Liberals responded with their version of 'the Liberal Commitment.....

....to tolerance, freedom of thought, and belief.....'

a. Salon called Cathy ' an unapologetic homophobe' Chick-fil-A: Antibiotic-free, but still pretty terrible - Salon.com

b. And the Village Voice wrote " homophobic chicken peddler/Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy." Chick-Fil-A Flap: Brooklyn Republican Invites Homophobic Chicken Peddler Dan Cathy To Open Restaurant

c. And Slate: " Racism persists, but at least racists have been formally politically defanged. Homophobes, meanwhile, have not." The Chick-fil-A Fried Chicken Fiasco Is a Harsh Reminder of the Hatred That Gays and Lesbians Face

3. And those bastions of Liberal indoctrination, the universities, showed their open-mindedness:

a. " Emory University dumps Chick-fil-A....." Emory University dumps Chick-fil-A

b. "Colleges Rally to Kick Chick-fil-A Off Campus" Colleges Rally To Kick Chick-fil-A Off Campus

Reminder to all: Chick-fil-A has never been accused of discriminating in any way against gay customers, or against any employees.

None. Not once.

Did I mention that 'The Liberal Commitment.....
....to tolerance, freedom of thought, and belief' .....doesn't exist.

Just wait...it gets better.

HYPOCRISY ALERT!

Does anyone recall any thread started by PoliticalChic wherein she has tolerated the freedom of thought and beliefs of anyone who disagreed with her?

Her tolerance " .....simply doesn't exist." She has proved it, over and over and over.

You imbecile....debate is exactly what I encourage.

Just because those of limited IQ cannot compete, i.e., you.....doesn't mean that freedom of thought and beliefs are not tolerated.

Your fear of my judgment is warranted and heartwarming.

LOL and spit coffee on my desk calendar. Proof positive, Her tolerance .....simply doesn't exist. She has proved it, over and over and over!

....debate is exactly what I encourage.
Others debate what you cut and paste. You are unable to debate, or answer questions in your own words. Education must not be a big thing in Korea...

The funniest, or saddest part of this depending on how you want to look at it is that PC gets thoroughly demolished in this thread,

and within a month will start the same thread over again.

Others debate what you cut and paste. You are unable to debate, or answer questions in your own words. Education must not be a big thing in Korea...

The funniest, or saddest part of this depending on how you want to look at it is that PC gets thoroughly demolished in this thread,

It's the theory of the BIG LIE, repeat it often enough and those President Lincoln singled out ("you can fool some of the people all of the time") believe her.

It's the theory of the BIG LIE, repeat it often enough and those President Lincoln singled out ("you can fool some of the people all of the time") echo it enough and those people believe her.

The core idea of the big lie is that little lies don't work; you have to make the lie so BIG that people can't believe anyone would be crazy enough to really say something like that unless it were somehow true.

The Cut and Paste screech is a Liberal whining because he cannot rebut my material.

You should have remained in school.

So THAT'S why you're known as the NYLiar!!!

The Cut and Paste screech is a Liberal whining because he cannot rebut my material.

I don't have to rebut it, I know certain Free Speech restrictions are valid (same as the Supreme Court), but I was asking you if you agreed with what you posted so, do you?

And these: United States free speech exceptions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell us all, in your own words...

It's the theory of the BIG LIE, repeat it often enough and those President Lincoln singled out ("you can fool some of the people all of the time") believe her.

Those who 'believe' me are simply more intelligent than you.

The gist of your posts is that the totalitarian boot-on-the-neck of those who believe other than Liberal social engineering is fine with you.

See if you can articulate why that is the correct view.

....if you can.

I don't have to rebut it, I know certain Free Speech restrictions are valid (same as the Supreme Court), but I was asking you if you agreed with what you posted so, do you?

And these: United States free speech exceptions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Tell us all, in your own words."

All the words I use are owned by me.

Now...why are you hiding behind "us" instead of standing on your own two feet?

Hmmm, I don't see any words there? Do answer the questions please, in your own words. They might not do that in Korea but it's done here...

"Tell us all, in your own words."

All the words I use are owned by me.

Now...why are you hiding behind "us" instead of standing on your own two feet?
The words of others never belong to you, ever. And the 'us" is everyone who reads this and wonders just how very stupid you actually are since you are unable to use your own words or answer simple questions...

Hmmm, I don't see any words there? Do answer the questions please, in your own words. They might not do that in Korea but it's done here...

"They might not do that in Korea but it's done here..."

Of course it is, you liar.

Your remedial as follows:

1. Citing an authority with an established reputation is better, of course, than citing someone whose credentials are not so lofty. (http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/mla/practical_guide.shtml)

Composition Patterns: Developing an Argument

2. What has been pejoratively referred to as ‘simply cut and paste,’ is, in fact, carefully chosen to substantiate a point. Is the information covered fact, opinion, or propaganda? Facts can usually be verified; opinions, though they may be based on factual information, evolve from the interpretation of facts.(Critical Appraisal and Analysis - Critically Analyzing Information Sources - LibGuides at Cornell University)

3. A valid objection to this selection of sources may be the type of audience being addressed. Is the ‘pasted selection’ aimed at a specialized or a general audience? Do you find the level ‘over your head’ or is this source too elementary? Ibid.

4. Are you objecting to the author's credentials--institutional affiliation (where he or she works), educational background, past writings, or experience? Or simply looking for a weapon to attack the post? This, of course, would be puerile.

5. Providing summaries or outlines of a source is valid as long as a link to the original is provided, and the author’s meaning is conveyed.

6. Nor is it necessary to insert one’s own language if the original article is simply abbreviated, with link provided.

7. What has been called ‘cut and paste’ is frequently the message board version of footnotes and endnotes of an academic essay. “…footnotes were declared outmoded just before the era of the word-processors which make using footnotes so much easier. Still, because of its relative ease in both writing and reading, parenthetical documentation is greatly preferred by most instructors.” http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/mla/practical_guide.shtml

While a public message board is the exact venue for giving opinions no matter their provenance, their attachment to reality, or even whether they are on a cognitive wavelength of any human on the planet, one should invest more credence to those that are able to show relevance, documentation and/or links.

Did I just rip you a new one, or what.

You seem to have a big problem with government by the will of the people.

And here we have a perfect example of the premise of this thread:
Opposition to to tolerance, freedom of thought, and belief...

One more Lock-Step Totalitarian...er, Liberal.

I'm for letting the good people of the great city of Denver govern their city as they choose, within the limits of their power as a local government.

Why aren't you? Somehow that makes you the totalitarian doesn't it?
What they do in Denver directly effects her life in Brooklyn.

That's because I'm an American, with the values that Americans should have.

You're excused from both.
That would be known as an opinion. If your values are the values that Americans should have, no wonder the country is going down the drain.

"They might not do that in Korea but it's done here..."

Of course it is, you liar.

Your remedial as follows:

1. Citing an authority with an established reputation is better, of course, than citing someone whose credentials are not so lofty. (http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/mla/practical_guide.shtml)

Composition Patterns: Developing an Argument

2. What has been pejoratively referred to as ‘simply cut and paste,’ is, in fact, carefully chosen to substantiate a point. Is the information covered fact, opinion, or propaganda? Facts can usually be verified; opinions, though they may be based on factual information, evolve from the interpretation of facts.(Critical Appraisal and Analysis - Critically Analyzing Information Sources - LibGuides at Cornell University)

3. A valid objection to this selection of sources may be the type of audience being addressed. Is the ‘pasted selection’ aimed at a specialized or a general audience? Do you find the level ‘over your head’ or is this source too elementary? Ibid.

4. Are you objecting to the author's credentials--institutional affiliation (where he or she works), educational background, past writings, or experience? Or simply looking for a weapon to attack the post? This, of course, would be puerile.

5. Providing summaries or outlines of a source is valid as long as a link to the original is provided, and the author’s meaning is conveyed.

6. Nor is it necessary to insert one’s own language if the original article is simply abbreviated, with link provided.

7. What has been called ‘cut and paste’ is frequently the message board version of footnotes and endnotes of an academic essay. “…footnotes were declared outmoded just before the era of the word-processors which make using footnotes so much easier. Still, because of its relative ease in both writing and reading, parenthetical documentation is greatly preferred by most instructors.” http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/mla/practical_guide.shtml

While a public message board is the exact venue for giving opinions no matter their provenance, their attachment to reality, or even whether they are on a cognitive wavelength of any human on the planet, one should invest more credence to those that are able to show relevance, documentation and/or links.

Did I just rip you a new one, or what.

What have you offered in this thread that shows that what you accuse Liberals of doing is unique to liberals?

So THAT'S why you're known as the NYLiar!!!

Your history of repetitive threads is in the public record here at USMB.

Forum List

Back