The liberals' official hostility to religion takes a strange new turn

I was raised in the Evangelical Church, nitwit. And spent two years attending Catholic services with my boyfriend and Catholic friends in a predominantly Catholic community. So you stfu. In fact, I drive by the church where I attended Sunday school (and Wednesday school..they let us out from school and we walked the couple of blocks to the church, and back to catch the buses) every day, lol. I almost returned to that church when I moved back to my home town, but went ahead and tried the local S. Baptist church out first and found it a perfect fit for us, so I stayed in the Baptist church.

Apparently you have never heard the adage "never ask a question you don't already know the answer to". You didn't ask a question, but you made an assumption, which is even funnier.

So............you're a Catholic like Gingrich is?

Good for you.

Uh, no, I'm not a Catholic and never have been. I don't know about Newt. Is that relevant?

I have always been told by conservatives that I am not really a Christian because I'm Catholic.

Odd my BS detector went off.

Same thing has always happened to me. It used to piss me off, but I realize now that those people are just plain ignorant.

I have always been told by conservatives that I am not really a Christian because I'm Catholic.

Same thing has always happened to me. It used to piss me off, but I realize now that those people are just plain ignorant.

That it took you a while to come to that conclusion isn't really a surprise......

What about people that don't replace the toilet paper roll when they run it out? Any startling revelations?

Congressmen can't say 'Merry Christmas' in mail | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

At this point, I'd ask "are you fucking kidding me?" But why bother? I already know they're serious.

Seriously absurd.

What an ass you truly are. No holiday, birthday, wedding, etc. greetings can be franked.

You hysterical boob.

Once the Right decides it likes the fictional version of a story, it becomes rightwing gospel.

As you just did.

That either makes you an obtuse hypocrite or a "conservative" (at least in the sense you use that term) , carbuncle.

Last edited:
Looks like the PC police have threatened members of the House of Representatives against wishing constituents a "Merry Christmas," if they want to do so in a mailing paid for with tax dollars.

Members who submit official mailings for review by the congressional franking commission that reviews all congressional mail to determine if it can be "franked," or paid for with tax dollars, are being told that no holiday greetings, including "Merry Christmas," can be sent in official mail.

"I called the commission to ask for clarification and was told no 'Merry Christmas.' Also told cannot say 'Happy New Year' but can say 'have a happy new year' – referencing the time period of a new year, but not the holiday," said a Hill staffer who requested anonymity.

At this point, I'd ask "are you fucking kidding me?" But why bother? I already know they're serious.

Seriously absurd.

This is beyond insane. It's not that the left is against religion because they defend Muslims' rights. They seem to pick on Christians a lot. It's like they're in a constant state of umbrage and are just waiting, maybe even hoping, to find something offensive at every turn.

Right On! You nailed it. :eusa_clap:

If only the Left could show as much 'respect' and 'tolerance' for Christianity as they do for all other religions? What a peaceful country we would have.

The left??? You are full of it, buster. Those evangelicals that Bush used to cozy up to were hardly on the left. And they disliked anyone that is not considered Christian. Like Catholics. I have always been told by conservatives that I am not really a Christian because I'm Catholic. Whom are you trying to kid???

I am so sick of you lying conservatives. Big jerk!!!

Was that a swooooooshi I heary? dearie? :D

I have seen it noted on this thread at least a couple of times that the libs' hostility is not necessarily directed against religion in general.

It is claimed that they are hostile primarily to Christianity.

I get that. It has a kernel of truth to it. But I also heard the Occuturds "speaking" at some of the Occupied Zones, and lots of them sound awfully anti-Jewish, too.

Very few Christians are the 'Fire & Brimstone Damnation' types. The Left has unfortunately tried to stereotype Christians by painting them all as 'Fire & Brimstone.' My Church is pretty cool. They preach peace,love,and and faith in God. I have never heard one 'Fire & Brimstone' sermon at my Church. So all the hate & ridicule coming from the Left regarding Christians,really is ignorant bigotry. They express so much hate for somthing they know nothing about. If they could just apply the same respect & tolerant approach to Christianity as they do other Religions,we really could have more peace in our nation. That's my opinion anyway.

Looks like the PC police have threatened members of the House of Representatives against wishing constituents a "Merry Christmas," if they want to do so in a mailing paid for with tax dollars.

Members who submit official mailings for review by the congressional franking commission that reviews all congressional mail to determine if it can be "franked," or paid for with tax dollars, are being told that no holiday greetings, including "Merry Christmas," can be sent in official mail.

"I called the commission to ask for clarification and was told no 'Merry Christmas.' Also told cannot say 'Happy New Year' but can say 'have a happy new year' – referencing the time period of a new year, but not the holiday," said a Hill staffer who requested anonymity.

Congressmen can't say 'Merry Christmas' in mail | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Seriously absurd.
What makes "Liability" think that conservatives have the monopoly on religious beliefs, or that "liberals" are any less religious than their right-wing counterparts?

What "liberals" do take seriously is the separation of church and state - a constitutional principle that the conservatives have been systematically attempting to erode for years.

With a presidential candidate that has repeatedly "cheated"on his wives recently leading in the Republican polls, the conservatives are hardly in a position to be lecturing anybody about religion, marriage and/or family values.

Last edited:
Separation of Church and State is not in the Constitution.
States can not establish one religion is what that means.
God can be in Government but Government can't be in religion.

In God we Trust on our Money
All Three branches open with prayer each morning.
Our Pledge of Allegiance One Nation Under God
Christmas declared as a Federal Holiday passed by congress and signed into law.

Very few Christians are the 'Fire & Brimstone Damnation' types. The Left has unfortunately tried to stereotype Christians by painting them all as 'Fire & Brimstone.' My Church is pretty cool. They preach peace,love,and and faith in God. I have never heard one 'Fire & Brimstone' sermon at my Church. So all the hate & ridicule coming from the Left regarding Christians,really is ignorant bigotry. They express so much hate for somthing they know nothing about. If they could just apply the same respect & tolerant approach to Christianity as they do other Religions,we really could have more peace in our nation. That's my opinion anyway.

You've obviously never gone to church in OK have you? MOST of their churches are of the fire and brimstone type.

Same thing with the Deep South and places like Memphis TN.

I'll give ya a hint.........think Pentacostal.

Seriously absurd.
What makes "Liability" think that conservatives have the monopoly on religious beliefs, or that "liberals" are any less religious than their right-wing counterparts?

Liability (hey, that's me!) never said, suggested or implied that conservatives have any monopoly on religious beliefs or that they are less religious than conservatives.
So, your question is both stupid and a non-starter. Nicely done. :cuckoo:

What "liberals" do take seriously is the separation of church and state - a constitutional principle that the conservatives have been systematically attempting to erode for years.

Another set of untruths. JGardner is on a dishonest roll! Cool beans. Liberals may take seriously the fantasy concept of a separation of church and state, but that is NOT part of the Constitution. It is a commentary by Jefferson explaining (in a short hand way) the principle that the Church and the State should not unduly meddle in the respective affairs of the other. I am ALL for the principles of the First Amendment. It is you goofy libs who are opposed to that. Your basic malfunction seems to be premised in confusion. But there's nothing new in that.

With a presidential candidate that has repeatedly "cheated"on his wives recently leading in the Republican polls, the conservatives are hardly in a position to be lecturing anybody about religion, marriage and/or family values.

:lmao:

Riiiight. It's not like we don't have a history of shameless utterly immoral Democratics to point at. Teddy Kennedy killed a woman after driving drunk and apparently after playing hump the hostess. Bubba Clinton may have been a fucking rapist, but he was absolutely guilty of marital infidelity. Weiner was so in love with his weiner he took pictures of his weiner in a turgid state (observable through his undies) to text or e-mail to women not HIS wife.

:lol:

Your post is truly quite laughable, JG.

In any case (a) I am not a Republican and (b) I am not especially religious. Nonetheless, it is the liberals who, by and large, are most easily and readily offended by almost any display of religious belief. Ravi even starts threads about her distaste of Tebow over his religious expression. This hostility is NOT limited to just the display of religious belief by Government ("In God We Trust"). It even goes to the display of religious belief by athletes and school kids.

What kills me is your consider the left's "hate" for Christianity is bigotry and that they paint all Christians with the fire and Brimstone types.... but that is EXACTLY what you are doing to the left with your post.

Just the idea that the "left" hates Christianity... is ignorant bigotry. Most of us ARE Christians. We just have TOLERANCE for other religions...it's not that we pander to them... we're just simply OK with their existence.

You've obviously never gone to church in OK have you? MOST of their churches are of the fire and brimstone type.

Same thing with the Deep South and places like Memphis TN.

I'll give ya a hint.........think Pentacostal.

Hasn't been my experience. My Church is great. There are some like you described but most are not. There's no need for the Left to stereotype Christians that way.

The founders designed a system free of religion.

Pretnd they didnt but the facts are clear
They speak of GOD all though the Founding documents...YOU remain blind as a bat and a tool.

"On the dogmas of religion, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind." - Thomas Jefferson

:eusa_whistle:

What Christians don't like is the extreme far left who want to get rid of Christians voices and their freedom of expression in public.
It is our 1st Amendment right.

Seriously absurd.

You don't mean "Liberal's official hostility toward religion" you mean "official hostility toward Christianity". Liberals are very tolerant of Islam.

could you be any stupider?

What kills me is your consider the left's "hate" for Christianity is bigotry and that they paint all Christians with the fire and Brimstone types.... but that is EXACTLY what you are doing to the left with your post.

Just the idea that the "left" hates Christianity... is ignorant bigotry. Most of us ARE Christians. We just have TOLERANCE for other religions...it's not that we pander to them... we're just simply OK with their existence.

So it's bigotry to point out bigotry?

In which case, you are also a bigot.

Forum List

Back