The liberals' official hostility to religion takes a strange new turn

Yeah nobody gives a shit about Tim Tebow seriously. They just make fun of him.

Hardly the same as the stupid shit Paulitician is talking about.

Looks like the PC police have threatened members of the House of Representatives against wishing constituents a "Merry Christmas," if they want to do so in a mailing paid for with tax dollars.

Members who submit official mailings for review by the congressional franking commission that reviews all congressional mail to determine if it can be "franked," or paid for with tax dollars, are being told that no holiday greetings, including "Merry Christmas," can be sent in official mail.

"I called the commission to ask for clarification and was told no 'Merry Christmas.' Also told cannot say 'Happy New Year' but can say 'have a happy new year' – referencing the time period of a new year, but not the holiday," said a Hill staffer who requested anonymity.

Congressmen can't say 'Merry Christmas' in mail | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

At this point, I'd ask "are you fucking kidding me?" But why bother? I already know they're serious.

Seriously absurd.

What an ass you truly are. No holiday, birthday, wedding, etc. greetings can be franked.

You hysterical boob.

What an unmitigated asshole you are, Raving Lunatic, you small minded dishonest hack.

The letters are usually about something the Congress-critter has taken some credit for doing or for supporting. No matter what the nominal topic, you dishonest hack dope, signing-off with a wish for a Merry Christmas is about as inoffensive as any sign-off could possibly be.

There is zero logical reason to deny the franking privilege on the basis that some Congress-critter has signed-off a letter to his or her constituents with a "Merry Christmas" wish.

I wonder if there's any hope that someday you will cease being such a small-minded petty little asshole?

I doubt it.

But thanks for your mindless contribution, shit-head. I enjoyed another good laugh at your expense.

:thup:

I have the utmost respect and tolerance for Christians who demonstrate respect and tolerance for others. Unfortunately, many Christians do not tend to demonstrate respect and tolerance for others. Intolerance is their political motto.

In the past, it used to involve a lot of state sanctioned murdering at the hands of the Inquisition and witch burners. Thankfully it's been calmed down tremendously and it revolves around respect for other religions other than Christianity, other beliefs other than Christianity, and lifestyle choices that don't contour to what Christians believe god wills.

Yes your analogy is so timely & relevant because 'The Spanish Inquisition' is exactly what's going on in our country right now. You really nailed it. Thanks. :cuckoo:

I have the utmost respect and tolerance for Christians who demonstrate respect and tolerance for others. Unfortunately, many Christians do not tend to demonstrate respect and tolerance for others. Intolerance is their political motto.

In the past, it used to involve a lot of state sanctioned murdering at the hands of the Inquisition and witch burners. Thankfully it's been calmed down tremendously and it revolves around respect for other religions other than Christianity, other beliefs other than Christianity, and lifestyle choices that don't contour to what Christians believe god wills.

Come up with something Christians have done in the CURRENT century. You know, islam is doing its thing NOW. So what are Christians doing NOW?

HOLY SHIT. Are you two fucking kidding me? Again Paulitician, you need to learn to read you god damned illiterate.

I said in the PAST. In the fucking past that's what it used to be like for Christianity, and that today lacks the violence. I gave examples of what kind of stuff Christianity tries to force upon people in the modern day and age. Homosexuality in the military, prevention of state recognized gay marriage, attempted political oppression of minor religions in the name of mob rule, etc.

Islam, right now... as the youngest of the three sibling religions is still stuck in the past. Not as severely as it used to be, but many countries that have it as a state religion or dominantly practiced tend to be oppressed by it.

Well that is about as garbled a piece of mangled English as I've ever heard.

Christianity forces homosexuality upon the military? That's interesting.

Attempted political oppression of minor religions in the name of mob rule etc...what the fuck are you talking about? Do you know? I think not.

We asked for specific citations of you having religion forced upon you, since that is the claim you made. You haven't provided any. You, like all American citizens who make that claim, are a lying, fascist piece of shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUmBaZiLis4]Is Tim Tebow Waging a "War on Christmas?" - YouTube[/ame]

Yes your analogy is so timely & relevant because 'The Spanish Inquisition' is exactly what's going on in our country right now. You really nailed it. Thanks. :cuckoo:

Come up with something Christians have done in the CURRENT century. You know, islam is doing its thing NOW. So what are Christians doing NOW?

HOLY SHIT. Are you two fucking kidding me? Again Paulitician, you need to learn to read you god damned illiterate.

I said in the PAST. In the fucking past that's what it used to be like for Christianity, and that today lacks the violence. I gave examples of what kind of stuff Christianity tries to force upon people in the modern day and age. Homosexuality in the military, prevention of state recognized gay marriage, attempted political oppression of minor religions in the name of mob rule, etc.

Islam, right now... as the youngest of the three sibling religions is still stuck in the past.

And you are willing to double the Social Security rolls to pay widow(er) and orphan benefits to Bruce's husband and their 3 surrogate conceived children? You want your employer provided insurance rate to tripple so that Edgar's husand can be on his policy?

Excuse me? Are you really saying that I shouldn't be able to legally marry my partner of 16 years because then my partner would be eligible for my SS and health care? Are you fucking kidding me?

I want dat Tebow arrested immediately. He just prays way too much. Who does he think he is? Praying all the time and stuff? He should be ashamed of himself. Lock em up damn it!

It's pretty funny to see someone who pretends to be a Ron Paul supporter defending the use of federal tax money to fund Congressmen sending out greeting cards.

Looks like the PC police have threatened members of the House of Representatives against wishing constituents a "Merry Christmas," if they want to do so in a mailing paid for with tax dollars.

Members who submit official mailings for review by the congressional franking commission that reviews all congressional mail to determine if it can be "franked," or paid for with tax dollars, are being told that no holiday greetings, including "Merry Christmas," can be sent in official mail.

"I called the commission to ask for clarification and was told no 'Merry Christmas.' Also told cannot say 'Happy New Year' but can say 'have a happy new year' – referencing the time period of a new year, but not the holiday," said a Hill staffer who requested anonymity.

Congressmen can't say 'Merry Christmas' in mail | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

At this point, I'd ask "are you fucking kidding me?" But why bother? I already know they're serious.

Seriously absurd.

What an ass you truly are. No holiday, birthday, wedding, etc. greetings can be franked.

You hysterical boob.

Once the Right decides it likes the fictional version of a story, it becomes rightwing gospel.

I think anyone who openly showes a belief in God or dares to pray,should be rounded up and put in concentration camps. Our Founding Fathers were all very far Left Anti-Christian Atheists who would have never stood for such brazen open worship of God. The word God should not be allowed to be spoken in public. Citizens who do utter that word should be severely punished. Let's start by locking that bad ole Tebow guy up. How dare he openly express his belief in and love for God. Something has to be done with him. He's a menace to society.

I think anyone who openly showes a belief in God or dares to pray,should be rounded up and put in concentration camps. Our Founding Fathers were all very far Left Anti-Christian Atheists who would have never stood for such brazen open worship of God. The word God should not be allowed to be spoken in public. Citizens who do utter that word should be severely punished. Let's start by locking that bad ole Tebow guy up. How dare he openly express his belief in and love for God. Something has to be done with him. He's a menace to society.

i know - That Religious warrior Tebow who doesn't cave to political correctness.....or

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUmBaZiLis4&feature=player_embedded]Is Tim Tebow Waging a "War on Christmas?" - YouTube[/ame]

Islam, right now... as the youngest of the three sibling religions is still stuck in the past.

And you are willing to double the Social Security rolls to pay widow(er) and orphan benefits to Bruce's husband and their 3 surrogate conceived children? You want your employer provided insurance rate to tripple so that Edgar's husand can be on his policy?

Excuse me? Are you really saying that I shouldn't be able to legally marry my partner of 16 years because then my partner would be eligible for my SS and health care? Are you fucking kidding me?

I didn't say SS. I said SS widow(er) and orphan benefits for their surrogate conceived and born children. And employer provided health care would probably cost far more with more dependents added to the plan. This issue is not about morals. It is about money. Too bad no one can see that. There are plenty of people against 'gay rights' who don't have a dog in the hunt except dollars and cents. Look around. You will see it.

Psst.....here's a clue, your 'partner' is eligible for his/her own SS if he/she has actually worked and paid into the system.

How long will it be before you demand the taxpayers pay for a surrogate or sperm donor for you to have 'children' because everyone has the inalienable right to have children? There is no end in sight to the money involved in this stupidity and I don't hear any of you demanding to pay more to cover the costs. Only that the REST of us pay.

Last edited:
The Left loves to hate Christians. It's just a fun past-time for them. They really do enjoy ridiculing people of faith...But only if they're Christians.

No one laughs at God when the Doctor calls after some routine tests. No one's laughing at God when it's gotten real late and their kid's not back from that party yet.

No one laughs at God when their airplane starts to uncontrollably shake. No one laughs at God when the cops knock on their door and they say we got some bad news, sir.

cammmpbell, is that you?

No one laughs at God in a Hospital. No one laughs at God in a War.

Wrong as you usually are,

hitchens_1857663c.jpg

No one laughs at God when the Doctor calls after some routine tests. No one's laughing at God when it's gotten real late and their kid's not back from that party yet.

No one laughs at God when their airplane starts to uncontrollably shake. No one laughs at God when the cops knock on their door and they say we got some bad news, sir.

No one laughs at God in a Hospital. No one laughs at God in a War.

No one's lauging at God when they're saying their goodbyes.

So are you saying that people all feel spiritual during those times because they think about their demise, or are you just saying that nobody takes the time out to laugh at god because they are too busy worrying about what's going on?

It's patently false that everybody becomes spiritual and abandons their lack of belief in god simply because they face potential death or are scared they might.

People who are actually strong in their feeling that their is no god... feel remarkably sober during those situations because they feel that their is no afterlife. If they die, it would be the end for them.

I'll just leave it with a video about someone who feels this way, speaking about a brother he lost who also feels this way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRNxiPVZ69Q]Pat Tillman's brother gives Euology[/ame]

If they believe there is no God, they should feel sober. My heart breaks for them.

Forum List

Back