The liberals' official hostility to religion takes a strange new turn

Quit raping Jesus's message, conservatives. If only he could hear you guys... he'd be ashamed to have died on the cross!

Uh, it's not. There are no national holidays in the U.S.

Federal then, same difference.

Well, no, not really. A national holiday is a holiday that everybody is required to observe.

Everybody isn't required to OBSERVE federal holidays. They're just days off that federal govt employees are either granted, or paid extra for if they work them. Nobody gives a shit if they OBSERVE them or not.

Uhh, nobody forces you to observe any holiday.

Looks like the PC police have threatened members of the House of Representatives against wishing constituents a "Merry Christmas," if they want to do so in a mailing paid for with tax dollars.

Members who submit official mailings for review by the congressional franking commission that reviews all congressional mail to determine if it can be "franked," or paid for with tax dollars, are being told that no holiday greetings, including "Merry Christmas," can be sent in official mail.

"I called the commission to ask for clarification and was told no 'Merry Christmas.' Also told cannot say 'Happy New Year' but can say 'have a happy new year' – referencing the time period of a new year, but not the holiday," said a Hill staffer who requested anonymity.

Congressmen can't say 'Merry Christmas' in mail | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

At this point, I'd ask "are you fucking kidding me?" But why bother? I already know they're serious.

Seriously absurd.

From what I could find out, this rule was made by the Franking Commission and is part of the congressional manual. The government will not pay for mailings with Merry Christmas greetings. But I found nothing that blamed liberals. Why is it their fault??

I say this every year. I will not stop saying, "Merry Christmas". I have never seen anyone get upset about it.

If only the Left could show as much 'respect' and 'tolerance' for Christianity as they do for all other religions? What a peaceful country we would have.

If only the Left could show as much 'respect' and 'tolerance' for Christianity as they do for all other religions? What a peaceful country we would have.

Like what? Oh you mean like Muslims? Many "leftists" like me also can't stand Islam either. It really pisses me off when so many people subjugate women in such demeaning and sometimes tragic ways.

Christianity and Islam are brothers in crime. Christianity is the older one who grew up first but still retains some of its immaturity, and Islam is the younger religion who hasn't quite matured on the same level.

Don't even fucking get me started on joke religions like Mormonism and Scientology. Though all things considered, the backstory behind them isn't that much more ridiculous than Christianity or Islam.

None of these would be much of an issue for us, except for the fact that so many practitioners try and push their religious ways on the rest of it. That goes for Christianity and Islam particularly in the world... not so much for any of the others right now.

Like what? Oh you mean like Muslims? Many "leftists" like me also can't stand Islam either. It really pisses me off when so many people subjugate women in such demeaning and sometimes tragic ways.

Christianity and Islam are brothers in crime. Christianity is the older one who grew up first but still retains some of its immaturity, and Islam is the younger religion who hasn't quite matured on the same level.

Don't even fucking get me started on joke religions like Mormonism and Scientology. Though all things considered, the backstory behind them isn't that much more ridiculous than Christianity or Islam.

None of these would be much of an issue for us, except for the fact that so many practitioners try and push their religious ways on the rest of it. That goes for Christianity and Islam particularly in the world... not so much for any of the others right now.

Yet you on the Left only express vicious hate for Christians. I would believe you if i actually saw you guys expressing the same vicious hate for Islam,Judaism etc etc... I can only go by what i observe. And all your hate does seem to only be directed at Christians. You guys should probably try ditching hate and try respect & tolerance instead. I think that would change the country for the better. But hey,that's just my opinion anyway. Enjoy your Saturday and God bless.

From what I could find out, this rule was made by the Franking Commission and is part of the congressional manual. The government will not pay for mailings with Merry Christmas greetings. But I found nothing that blamed liberals. Why is it their fault??

It’s not, the fact you found no evidence to the contrary proves this is a rightist contrivance, an inane non-issue.

Conservatives will continue to invoke the mythical ‘PC police’ as long as they believe it will result on some sort of partisan advantage.

Yet you on the Left only express vicious hate for Christians. I would believe you if i actually saw you guys expressing the same vicious hate for Islam,Judaism etc etc... I can only go by what i observe. And all your hate does seem to only be directed at Christians. You guys should probably try ditching hate and try respect & tolerance instead. I think that would change the country for the better. But hey,that's just my opinion anyway. Enjoy your Saturday and God bless.

Vicious hate? Are you a fucking RETARD? Most of my family are Christians. I don't hate Christians. I dislike Christians butting in and trying to force their dogma. I used to be one of those people who did so.

We also live in the United States, where we don't deal with problems from Islam internally nearly as much as we do Christianity. That's why we talk about Christianity more. It also doesn't help that Christians try and put themselves in the spotlight every step of the way with one non-existent war or another against them.

Vicious hate? Are you a fucking RETARD? Most of my family are Christians. I don't hate Christians. I dislike Christians butting in and trying to force their dogma. I used to be one of those people who did so.

We also live in the United States, where we don't deal with problems from Islam internally nearly as much as we do Christianity. That's why we talk about Christianity more. It also doesn't help that Christians try and put themselves in the spotlight every step of the way with one non-existent war or another against them.

don't mind him dude. He's a trolling sock puppet.

on topic though - I'd rather see the constituents decide whether or not they like merry christmas on their card..... at the voting booth.

You sound pretty hateful to me. Just sayin. But at least we did agree that you do not show as much respect & tolerance for Christianity as you do the other Religions. That's what i was saying. You on the Left do express an awful lot of vitriolic hate for Christians. It is what it is.

Do you guys honestly believe a friendly MERRY CHRISTMAS on a legislator's year end communication with his/her constituents to be 'ramming something down anybody's throat?'

Why is THIS such an issue? Why aren't they saying that the communications cannot be used to ask for campaign cash or support for the congressperson's project or some other purpose that is directly intended to feather the congressperson's nest?

Lordy we're getting uptight when we go page after page after page on a message board even discussing a seasonal Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or whatever no matter which side we come down on that.

I bet all the Lefties on this thread just hate that horrible Tebow dude huh? Such irrational hate for something they don't understand. Christianity is not all about 'Fire & Brimstone Damnation.' There are a few Churches who preach that but the vast majority do not. I know my Church doesn't. The Left has unfortunately tried to stereotype Christians. It is ignorant bigotry. My Church preaches peace,love and forgiveness. I genuinely feel uplifted after our services. It's a real travesty the Left has painted all Christians with the same broad brush. Find God and you will have peace and love in your heart. I truly believe that.

You sound pretty hateful to me. Just sayin. But at least we did agree that you do not show as much respect & tolerance for Christianity as you do the other Religions. That's what i was saying. You on the Left do express an awful lot of vitriolic hate for Christians. It is what it is.

You lack the ability to read. Ask Santa for a tutor.

So when have you had Christianity forced upon you? Were you tied up and forced to listen to it? Were you dressed as an elf against your will? I want to know exactly what you mean when you say you've had it "rammed down" your throat.

Because my experience is that every single person who has ever said that about Christianity in THIS country has no idea what the word "force" means. All they want is to control what other people SAY. They want to PREVENT others from saying things they don't agree with. They've never been forced to submit to religion at all, except perhaps as children by their parents, and that's no different than forcing children to submit to public education. When you're of age, you can stop.

So when were you prevented from walking away from a church service? When did a religious person force their way onto your property or into your house and refuse to leave? Have you ever been forced at gunpoint to swear loyalty to God?

If you haven't, you're a lying sack of shit like all the other lying sacks of shit who want to elminate freedom of religion and freedom of speech by pretending that they are being "forced" to adhere to a religion they do not believe in, just by hearing people speak of it. It's nothing but an attack on liberty, and it's vile. If you don't like listening to Christians, walk away, turn the channel, pass them by. But don't mistake hearing people discuss their faith as having faith forced upon you, and don't lie and say it is the same thing. It is not.

You lack the ability to read. Ask Santa for a tutor.

I read and completely understood your reply. You admitted you attack Christians a lot more because there are more of them here. That's not respect and tolerance. But even if you did claim you don't express more hate towards Christians,i wouldn't believe you. Because you are a Lefty and i know it's your nature.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back