The Liberty Amendments

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Constitutional scholar and expert, Mark Levin, has written a new book, outlining a plan to restore Constitutional Republicanism to our Federal government. The Liberty Amendments points out a key provision in Article V of the Constitution, whereby the Amendment process can alternatively originate from the States. It has never been successfully attempted, but it's there, and the Founding Fathers had good reason to put it there.

It was to address just such a situation as we find ourselves in today. We have an out of control Federal Leviathan, a Congress that is comprised of two parties serving their own interests and power, a President who brazenly defies the Constitution as he pleases, a SCOTUS who literally rewrites the Constitution as it pleases, and We The People have seemingly lost ALL control over our country. The Progressives have waged a 100 year war on our Constitutional constructs, and we find ourselves in a post-Constitutional era, where there is literally no more Constitutionality and no power of the States or people.

From interviews Levin has done, I have pieced together the basics of his 10 proposed Amendments:

1. Term Limits for Congress
They may serve a total of 12 years in the House, Senate, or a combination of both.
2. Restore the Senate to pre-17th amendment status.
The State Legislatures would elect the two Senate representatives.
3. Term Limits for SCOTUS
Capped at 12 years.
4. 3/5ths of States or Congress can override SCOTUS decisions
Limiting the scope and power of SCOTUS rulings.
5. Limit Federal Spending
A balanced budget amendment.
6. Limit Federal Taxation
Congress is never going to do this on their own.
7. Limit Federal Bureaucracy
Eliminating the "4th branch" of government for good.
8. Promote Free Enterprise
Self explanatory.
9. Secure private property rights
No doubt, this will deal with eminent domain as well as data mining and spying on Americans.
10. States can amend the Constitution with 2/3rd approval.
Streamlining the process.

Levin says none of this is 'written in stone' and the states would have to ratify with 3/4, just as with the Congressional process. Because of that rigid criteria, he doesn't feel there is an undesirable downside, like special interests becoming involved to add all kinds of unwanted crap. There is also no danger in the entire Constitution being rewritten, because even though the process is called a "constitutional convention" it is limited to amendments only.

This process bypasses Congress completely. They would serve as administers of what the states ratify, and have no say in the makeup of delegates which are appointed by the states. Critics say it would be an "uphill battle" to accomplish this... Levin answers with the question: "What battle isn't uphill?"

I have read the first chapter of the book, I am waiting for my Amazon order to arrive, so I can read more details, but this sounds very promising. The chapter I have read, lays out the case the Founding Fathers made for establishing Article V, and the reasoning behind it. Madison, Mason, and Hamilton, all agreed, the Constitution needed some mechanism for the people to use to re-establish the social contract, short of violent revolt, should Federal government go rogue. We are at that precipice, the time is now.

Since the beginning of time, ALL Wars and ALL Revolutions have been about economics.

Every one of them.

As long as we're doing fine, as long as nobody is going without a whole lot, as long as people aren't hungry in the streets..... There's not going to be any problems.

So Mark's proposition is nothing more than mental masturbation.

What WILL provoke an uprising is when an economy falls flat on it face and people start casting blame in one direction.

THAT can turn into a situation.

Right now, I'm thinking that the implementation of the ACA could just push this economy over the cliff.

I'm talking a full-blown economic Depression.

People are tired of obama. Businesses are especially tired of obama.

People are getting their hours caught because of the ACA. All those jobs that the Stuttering Clusterfukk and his toadies are bragging about? They're all part-time, low-paying, service industry, hospitality industry, McDonalds and Walmart jobs.

There aren't any more good manufacturing jobs because the Stuttering Clusterfukk has run them off... To Asia.

They're gone. And he's doing nothing about it because....

Because dimocraps are stupid.

All dimcraps know how to do is complain. They don't know how to build anything, how to create, how to engineer... All they know how to do is to destroy and complain.

If we do go into a full blown depression by the end of 2014 (20% Chance)....

Then look out.

If we don't, then none of it matters as long as people are fat and happy.

There might not be enough Americans left in the country to utilize the processes of liberty. As we import millions more immigrants who don't know or care about our history or what the founding fathers (changed by obama to the founding founders) thought there will be fewer to even want liberty.

An exercise in constructive liberty. :):):)
Mark is a good man.

Seems more like an exercise in futility.....

It is exactly that attitude that keeps getting the progressives elected and re-reelected.
There are about 20 million of you out there that think like this and say my vote doesn't count so why should I vote or do anything at all about it.

We've never had immigrants come here encouraged to maintain their loyalty to their home nation. We've never made a concerted effort to not assimilate immigrants. We've never had America so rejected by so many Americans.

Funny, that's what the last bunch of immigrants said about the last batch of immigrants.

We have twenty-five-hundred years of democracy in our history.

This new bunch doesn't have twenty-five seconds of democracy in theirs.

They don't get it.

And obviously, neither do you.

An exercise in constructive liberty. :):):)
Mark is a good man.

Seems more like an exercise in futility.....

It is exactly that attitude that keeps getting the progressives elected and re-reelected.
There are about 20 million of you out there that think like this and say my vote doesn't count so why should I vote or do anything at all about it.

Yep. Progressives like Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, etc....just to draw up the last few decades.

The problem is that everyone else has been coralled into the two party illusion and those two parties are the flip sides of the same coin. You probably think I should have voted for Romney, the corporatist. While others would have said (should he have lost) that I should have voted for Obama the corporatist. Meanwhile the wheels on the bus go round and round....and NOTHING ever changes. It never will either. This system is a broken failure.

The system is not broken.
We have had many different changes in America.
The people have done it many times in our history.
We can do it again.
The system needs to be restored to the Constitutional Republic that we have.
Progressives have taken over and they will be defeated. It will take a little time but it will happen.
You can see it happening all over in each and every State.
The people are waking up and they are fed up with Political Progressive Tyranny and corruption.
More and more people are educating themselves on the issues and in turn are re-educating those that don't.
Many have read the Constitution. Before 2008, hardly anyone knew the Constitution.

Six States rejected the new education system called Common Core.
The people themselves have gotten 4 more States out of this horrible progressive teaching system.
The people will continue to get even more States to reject it.

Last edited:
There might not be enough Americans left in the country to utilize the processes of liberty. As we import millions more immigrants who don't know or care about our history or what the founding fathers (changed by obama to the founding founders) thought there will be fewer to even want liberty.

That's a very good and important point.

The system is not broken.
We have had many different changes in America.
The people have done it many times in our history.
We can do it again.
The system needs to be restored to the Constitutional Republic that we have.
Progressives have taken over and they will be defeated. It will take a little time but it will happen.
You can see it happening all over in each and every State.
The people are waking up and they are fed up with Political Progressive Tyranny and corruption.
More and more people are educating themselves on the issues and in turn are re-educating those that don't.
Many have read the Constitution. Before 2008, hardly anyone knew the Constitution.

Six States rejected the new education system called Common Core.
The people themselves have gotten 4 more States out of this horrible progressive teaching system.
The people will continue to get even more States to reject it.

Well, i wish them all the best of lick on a return to constitutional republic. Forgive me for not seeing how that will be possible after the last 100 or more years of ever encroaching, strengthing and more pwoerful central authority. With history as any indicator, power institutions do not give up that power without a fight.

Constitutional scholar and expert, Mark Levin, has written a new book, outlining a plan to restore Constitutional Republicanism to our Federal government. The Liberty Amendments points out a key provision in Article V of the Constitution, whereby the Amendment process can alternatively originate from the States. It has never been successfully attempted,

I do not know if there will ever be an appropriate time for another Constitutional Convention . Forty seven percent of the electorate are members of the parasitic faction who do not give a shit how tyrannical the federal government becomes so long as they get their benefits.

Ninety percent of our students are victims of public education who spent 12 years in an incubator learning the benefits of government supremacy.

Forum List

Back