The lie that when wages go up,jobs go down

Can't figure out what 1) has to do with the availability of jobs

2) Between Feb 2001 and Feb 2009 private sector CONTRACTED by more than 1 million, while the labor force expanded by more than 8

3) Pretty much the story since 2011.....accelerating in 2014...

Why are you Communists so fucking dishonest?

No, the private sector did not contract between Feb 2001, and Feb 2009.

In fact, between Feb 2001, and Feb 2007, it vastly EXPANDED.

But you seek to paint this as if there was a recession all along. Sigh, the next time a Communist tells the truth will be the first time.

The context was private sector employment....

All Employees: Total Private Industries

Post the numbers for Feb. 2001 and Feb 2009...

Just the numbers..... Leave the math to the Numerate.

No idea what you're talking about. I said ask your question without the ad hominem and I'll answer it. Obviously when you ask a question dripping with ad hominem, you're not interested in an actual discussion. I have two modes, serious and fun. They are mutually exclusive. You picked fun.

I'm offering you are free to undo that choice, and it is simple to do that. Ask the question without ad hominem. What are you, chicken?

Have you asked Odorum if it shares your passion for the gold standard?

Any chance you might take a minute from your filibuster to address that Elasticity of Labor Supply question?

Sure, I'd be glad to. As I said, ask without the ad hominem

What ruffled your feathers this time, princess?

Where, in that post, did you see "ad hominem"?

Just answer the question.....

I'll pass on that, your gayness. Google what ad hominem means. I'm not a dictionary

Clearly.....you're more of a brick.

How will doing so shed light on what, in my post, provoked your hysteria?

Geez man, calm down. Stop the hysterical screaming. If you can't discuss politics on the Internet without losing it, maybe this isn't the place for you. Is it past your nap time?

You really do never move on from eight year old, do you?

Speed.....and avoiding the discussion regarding my reasons for NOT wanting a bag...

Why?

So the presence of a highly paid, union checker is detrimental for the value offered because they slow the process down?

The one I frequent is non-union...

I've never liked having my stuff bagged.....I only buy a couple of days worth at a time. You'll have to direct that question to someone else.

I can tell you that a supermarket in my hood disabled their auto check outs.....the one I go to never installed them.

Any chance you might take a minute from your filibuster to address that Elasticity of Labor Supply question?

I'll pass on that, your gayness. Google what ad hominem means. I'm not a dictionary

Geez man, calm down. Stop the hysterical screaming. If you can't discuss politics on the Internet without losing it, maybe this isn't the place for you. Is it past your nap time?

Who is screaming?

I see that one of us is in a snit.....I'm thinking it is the one acting Injured & Insulted.

Add it to the list of reasons......but remember, the context is

"did the Minimum Wage wipe out the Gas Station with Attached Garage employing a phalanx of ambitious young people to clean windshields?"

Neither of us appear convinced.

Minimum wage had nothing to do with it.

In the early 70's, gas costs tripled. Consumers scrambled for the cheapest gas that could be found, which was at the self-serve pumps. At least in California, consumers were not willing to pay a premium for others to pump their gas.

As I said before, the attached garage continued for decades after full service ended. What killed them is the car companies, who priced diagnostic tools in such a way that only dealers could afford them.

The irony is a Toyota diagnostic reader that cost $100,000 in 2000, can be picked up for a couple of hundred bucks now. That's why you see tire dealers and even filling stations reentering the automotive repair market.

Last edited:
Kaz,

You have no intention of addressing the perfectly reasonable question about Labor Supply Elasticity, do you?

Why?

Who is screaming?

I see that one of us is in a snit.....I'm thinking it is the one acting Injured & Insulted.

Well, it's pretty obvious that's you since all I said was ask your question without ad hominem if you want a serious discussion and you started running in circles grabbing your head like your hair is on fire.

I said we can have a discussion or trade insults. I'm fine with either. You've got the stick up your ass that you can't have both. I don't give a shit, just go one way or the other and stop whining

Kaz,

You have no intention of addressing the perfectly reasonable question about Labor Supply Elasticity, do you?

Why?

:wtf:

Reading isn't your thing, is it? If you want to discuss it, do it without the ad hominem. Obviously if you can't ask a question without ad hominem, your desire to actually discuss it is not genuine.

How do you possibly not grasp that?

Add it to the list of reasons......but remember, the context is

"did the Minimum Wage wipe out the Gas Station with Attached Garage employing a phalanx of ambitious young people to clean windshields?"

Neither of us appear convinced.

In the early 70's, gas costs tripled. Consumers scrambled for the cheapest gas that could be found, which was at the self-serve pumps. At least in California, consumers were not willing to pay a premium for others to pump their gas.

As I said before, the attached garage continued for decades after full service ended. What killed them is the car companies, who priced diagnostic tools in such a way that only dealers could afford them.

The irony is a Toyota diagnostic reader that cost $100,000 in 2000, can be picked up for a couple of hundred bucks now. That's why you see tire dealers and even filling stations reentering the automotive repair market.

The hell you say!

[
The one I frequent is non-union...

I've never liked having my stuff bagged.....I only buy a couple of days worth at a time. You'll have to direct that question to someone else.

I can tell you that a supermarket in my hood disabled their auto check outs.....the one I go to never installed them.

I generally go to Stater Bros. which is a union store. They have no self-serve. If I go to Vons, they have self-serve, but you can't buy alcohol at them, so it is intrusive for me, since I usually buy wine when I shop.

Doesn't matter though, Amazon is about to end the checkout process as we know it.

Amazon just opened a grocery store without a checkout line

Kaz,

Why?

Reading isn't your thing, is it? If you want to discuss it, do it without the ad hominem. Obviously if you can't ask a question without ad hominem, your desire to actually discuss it is not genuine.

Which brings us back to....

Once again I ask "where is the ad hominem"?(entirely certain that you will persist in your Sniveling).

Can't figure out what 1) has to do with the availability of jobs

2) Between Feb 2001 and Feb 2009 private sector CONTRACTED by more than 1 million, while the labor force expanded by more than 8

3) Pretty much the story since 2011.....accelerating in 2014...

Why are you Communists so fucking dishonest?

But you seek to paint this as if there was a recession all along. Sigh, the next time a Communist tells the truth will be the first time.

The context was private sector employment....

All Employees: Total Private Industries

Post the numbers for Feb. 2001 and Feb 2009...

Just the numbers..... Leave the math to the Numerate.

Again, you're being dishonest. That the 2008 recession wiped out the employment growth from earlier is well known. Sadly, the housing collapse created a panic, which drove the economy FAR lower than it should have gone.

Normally I would have expected a rebound in 2009, from such a panic induced drop, But we had Obama, so it went on until 2014.....

Kaz,

Why?

Which brings us back to....

Once again I ask "where is the ad hominem"?(entirely certain that you will persist in your Sniveling).

Um ... the first two sentences answer the question in the third, idiot.

I don't give a shit. The choice is yours. Discussion or insults. Pick. Either way is fine, gay boy, but stop crying

Baloney. Ever hear of weekends and summer?

Nope, they would do it to earn some money, get valuable generic work skills and work history.

So, IOW, you're saying that the cost of hiring said teenagers is HIGHER than the cost of putting in self serve pumps and making drivers responsible for their own water, tires, and oil. That's the point, and the MW is part of that higher cost.

Silly me......I forgot that demand for auto repairs was seasonal.....

But to demonstrate that it is "baloney", wouldn't it be helpful if you posted some evidence of the unchanging HS drop out rates and college entrance figures?

you know, like

01_Fig1.jpg

HOLY CRAP! It has fallen by 66% in less than 20 years.

What about the percentage of HS kids going on to college?

ACE1.jpg

Apparently the romance has gone out of spending a lifetime washing car windows....
Rein it in, Speedy. Remember, we're not talking about making a career out of pumping someone's gas. We're talking about a teenager looking to make a little money and get some valuable job skills as well as a work history. If he can do that, he'll be ahead of his classmates when it comes time to get that career started, whatever that may be.
Fabulous...now get out there and really sell it!
Don't have to, it sells itself.
Apparently not so much.....I've been washing my own windshields for 35 years.
Of course, because it's cheaper to put a dozen self-serve pumps out than to hire somebody to do it for you. Congratulations, you've figured it out. Like I said, it sells itself.

Silly me......I forgot that demand for auto repairs was seasonal.....

But to demonstrate that it is "baloney", wouldn't it be helpful if you posted some evidence of the unchanging HS drop out rates and college entrance figures?

you know, like

01_Fig1.jpg

HOLY CRAP! It has fallen by 66% in less than 20 years.

What about the percentage of HS kids going on to college?

ACE1.jpg

Apparently the romance has gone out of spending a lifetime washing car windows....
Rein it in, Speedy. Remember, we're not talking about making a career out of pumping someone's gas. We're talking about a teenager looking to make a little money and get some valuable job skills as well as a work history. If he can do that, he'll be ahead of his classmates when it comes time to get that career started, whatever that may be.
Fabulous...now get out there and really sell it!
Don't have to, it sells itself.
Apparently not so much.....I've been washing my own windshields for 35 years.
Of course, because it's cheaper to put a dozen self-serve pumps out than to hire somebody to do it for you. Congratulations, you've figured it out. Like I said, it sells itself.

Was there something ambiguous about my sarcasm?

You need to get to work, because judging by the available evidence, your notion is not being embraced.........

Forum List

Back