The Lone Ranger

I will wait, no need to see it in the theatre as far as I'm concerned. Now, if my dad were still alive I might make an exception. He raised me on the old radio serials (he had them on reel to reel) as well as the television show. We would have gone and probably complained about it's inadequacies afterward.

But it would have been an afternoon well spent.

Shit. I miss that man...

I will wait, no need to see it in the theatre as far as I'm concerned. Now, if my dad were still alive I might make an exception. He raised me on the old radio serials (he had them on reel to reel) as well as the television show. We would have gone and probably complained about it's inadequacies afterward.

But it would have been an afternoon well spent.

Shit. I miss that man...

that was sweet and touching about your dad dear...
as for the movie, I agree from the previews it looks a little goofy... so I will probably wait till it hits the dvds..

Saw the movie. Not bad. I think this is a matter of timing. Coming out on the same day as Despicable Me 2 makes it a no-brainer. Minions win hands down, and westerns aren't for everyone.

Well, I also went to Despicable Me 2. Minions. Hands down. If it's possible to make the sequel better than the original, that's what they did with DM2. Like I said, Lone Ranger is not a bad movie, but it just can't compete with this summer's mega-blockbusters.

Well, I also went to Despicable Me 2. Minions. Hands down. If it's possible to make the sequel better than the original, that's what they did with DM2. Like I said, Lone Ranger is not a bad movie, but it just can't compete with this summer's mega-blockbusters.

It was so damn funny! Your right I also think it was better then the first.... I haven't laughed so loud in a movie in a long time.

If any of you want to see a movie that is fun and enjoyable I highly recommend Despicable Me 2

It was so damn funny! Your right I also think it was better then the first.... I haven't laughed so loud in a movie in a long time.

If any of you want to see a movie that is fun and enjoyable I highly recommend Despicable Me 2

The Girl (11) wants to see this, so now that I've heard your opionion I may take her.

I read a review on Lone Ranger yesterday. Sounds like Depp has rachetted up the Sparrow character into heitherto unknown levels of absurdness to play Tonto. I also understand The Villian in LR behaves pretty violently...there is one particular scent that only Quintin Tarantino would love.

The Girl (11) wants to see this, so now that I've heard your opionion I may take her.

I read a review on Lone Ranger yesterday. Sounds like Depp has rachetted up the Sparrow character into heitherto unknown levels of absurdness to play Tonto. I also understand The Villian in LR behaves pretty violently...there is one particular scent that only Quintin Tarantino would love.
I will have to admit to only being curious of the lone ranger.... I find it insulting that with all the good native American actors we have they chose a 50 year old white man to play Tonto and I am not even close to Native American. Also the lone Ranger shouldn't be extremely violent....For crying out loud he never killed a man in the TV show ( yes I just aged myself cause I remember the reruns on Sunday)

I will have to admit to only being curious of the lone ranger.... I find it insulting that with all the good native American actors we have they chose a 50 year old white man to play Tonto and I am not even close to Native American. Also the lone Ranger shouldn't be extremely violent....For crying out loud he never killed a man in the TV show ( yes I just aged myself cause I remember the reruns on Sunday)

Yes the reveiw I read made a specific point to compare the film violence with the TV show's non-violent nature.

Jay Silverheels played Tonto on TV, and was a Canadian Mohawk. Frankly, I couldn't care less if an actual Native American played Tonto. In the Movie he's excommunicated from the Tribe for being too weird.

Yes the reveiw I read made a specific point to compare the film violence with the TV show's non-violent nature.

Jay Silverheels played Tonto on TV, and was a Canadian Mohawk. Frankly, I couldn't care less if an actual Native American played Tonto. In the Movie he's excommunicated from the Tribe for being too weird.
Well that does sum up Depp nicely though LOL

Based on the previews do you think you will want to see it? For me it's a no maybe it's because I remember the series to well in any case this thing looks royally stupid.

To blackhawk:

Box Office Report: 'Lone Ranger' Marks Third Big-Budget Bomb of Summer
8:31 AM PDT 7/6/2013 by Pamela McClintock

Box Office Report: 'Lone Ranger' Marks Third Big-Budget Bomb of Summer

The original westerns had chase scenes with horses, buckboards, stagecoaches, wagons, etc. Today’s westerns eliminate a large segment of the movie going audience by telling them there are no auto chases. Only excessive violence can help a western’s chances at the box office.

Well it is out on DVD/Stream now.
Saw it last night....did not even finish watching it.
1) Could they have possibly have made a worse choice to play the Lone Ranger??
2) Could they have possibly diverted further away from the Lone Ranger character??
3) Johnny Depp sooooo overplayed the role it was a joke.
4) Tonto was portrayed as some weird/comedic loser out cast...have no idea why they went that direction.
Doesn't even rate a full one star out of five.
It is that bad.

Forum List

Back