The lottery up to a billion now !!!

Yes our odds are bad for sure, but the odds the machine or apparatus that produces the winning sequence is dealing with should have forced it's hand by now.
But you still don't have those odds in hand...
You still aren't getting what I'm saying here.

It has nothing to do with any of us winning.

I just can't figure how the machine is winning by not producing a winning sequence against millions upon millions holding tickets with probably every sequence imaginable being out there by now ??
I know you can't figure it out, because you haven't even tried. You would have to know the odds in question to make any informed determination. That would involve knowing how many of the possible combinations have been played. It's certainly possibly that only 75% of the possible combinations have been played in any given drawing, for instance.

Yes our odds are bad for sure, but the odds the machine or apparatus that produces the winning sequence is dealing with should have forced it's hand by now.
But you still don't have those odds in hand...
You still aren't getting what I'm saying here.

It has nothing to do with any of us winning.

I just can't figure how the machine is winning by not producing a winning sequence against millions upon millions holding tickets with probably every sequence imaginable being out there by now ??

I just explained that.

Just like with us as ticket holders, it's all about the odds against us when playing, but I can't figure out how the machine is holding out against the odds it's playing against as well. :dunno:
Well,considering the odds are still stacked against everyone, it wouldn't be beyond reason for the power Ball to go 1000 more weeks without a winner. What should be more surprising is that anyone ever wins at all. They only way we overcome these 300,000,000 to 1 odds is by sheer carpet bombing. And even then, I don't believe it has ever been the case that anything even approaching all 300,000,000 combinations have been chosen in any cycle.
The odds against the machine not spitting out a winning sequence against millions upon millions holding various sequences against it, makes it highly suspect to me.

No offense, but that is because most people are bad at math.
Has nothing to do with the people being bad at math... You misunderstood what I am saying... How is the machine winning against the odds of it not spitting out the winning sequence against millions holding tickets/sequences ?? Yes our odds are bad for sure, but the odds the machine or apparatus that produces the winning sequence is dealing with should have forced it's hand by now.

Yes, it does have to do with people being bad at math, namely people like you apparently.

The odds of winning the Mega Millions is 1 in 320 million plus. If you sold 320 million plus different tickets, that would guarantee a winner. That doesn't happen, so the odds of it rolling over is effected by how many people choose the same numbers, which would vary for each drawing. Say that there were only 80 million different combinations chosen out of the 320 million plus possible combinations, that introduces another factor of about 1 in 4 that the jackpot will not roll over.
So it's in the roll over where the machine is beating the odds against it... Got it... I understand now. Thanks

What I can't figure out is this...... If the odds are so great against we the individual/people winning the mega, and all due to millions upon millions of people playing, then how about if we reverse that in order to ask ourselves this, "how is the computer playing against the same odds, and then not pushing that winning number out against those millions holding a sequence of numbers that could win after a drawing is made" ?????????

Ok, if a computer is not involved, and it's just that little ball machine that uses air to force the little balls up into the holder for the read, then how is it beating those kinds of odds against it pumping out the winning sequence as well ???

Got me scratching my head now.

Anyone ???
The odds are over 300 million to one
Probably 600 million tickets sold for the last drawing

Just happened to hit one of the gaps

I bet there are two or three winners next drawing

Yes, it does have to do with people being bad at math, namely people like you apparently.

The odds of winning the Mega Millions is 1 in 320 million plus. If you sold 320 million plus different tickets, that would guarantee a winner. That doesn't happen, so the odds of it rolling over is effected by how many people choose the same numbers, which would vary for each drawing. Say that there were only 80 million different combinations chosen out of the 320 million plus possible combinations, that introduces another factor of about 1 in 4 that the jackpot will not roll over.

Your example does not have to result in a guaranteed winner as you suggest. Probability does not work that way. If all possible combinations of numbers are purchased, that would result in a winner.

Yes, it does. That is exactly what I said. Try reading it again.

Shows how much I play the lottery.. Thanks everyone.

If all possible combinations of numbers are purchased, that would result in a winner.
Which is exactly what he said: "320 million different tickets:"

Can You Ever Guarantee A Mega Millions Win?
I'm not going to read that. What's the gist?

Fair enough, basically there is not enough time between drawings to fill out and purchase all the combinations. Other problems are addressed as well.

If all possible combinations of numbers are purchased, that would result in a winner.

Fair enough, basically there is not enough time between drawings to fill out and purchase all the combinations. Other problems are addressed as well.
I see...yeah, makes sense...

Don't spend money you can't afford to lose. If you can get a dollar's worth of fun trying, have at it, or are tickets two dollars now?

Hmmm

Mega millions over 1.6 billion...

Powerball over 600 million.

That does it...

I'm buying a ticket on both

The problem with buying all the combinations beyond the logistics is that you are laying out $660 million and there may be two or three winners with that many players

Factor in you will get a $900 million cash payout and maybe $500 million after taxes

I hardly ever buy Lottery tickets, but every time I play I expect to win. It’s like I’m shocked every time I lose lol

I hardly ever buy Lottery tickets, but every time I play I expect to win. It’s like I’m shocked every time I lose lol
I only play when it gets over $300 million and only buy one ticket

It’s a fantasy worth $2

Forum List

Back