🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Luck Of The Irish Party Thread

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Happy Saint Paddy's Day everybody!! I know it's kind of late in the day to be starting this, but I was busy and outside most of the day, so everybody enjoy the parade and I will be adding other Saint Patrick's Day stuff later on after I finish watching it. :)

HappyStPat-941x640.jpg

Happy Saint Paddy's Day everybody!! I know it's kind of late in the day to be starting this, but I was busy and outside most of the day, so everybody enjoy the parade and I will be adding other Saint Patrick's Day stuff later on after I finish watching it. :)

View attachment 617391

i know you live in Ohio,is that video footage you took?

too bad were not in a star trek world where i could beam over there and enjoy the party with ya.:biggrin:

I used to aspire to collecting Irish Belleek porcelain.

Hubby and I were being tourists in LaConner Washington one day, long ago, and I spotted a Belleek cream and sugar I liked in an antique shop, but it was too expensive at $125.

So we ended up eating lunch at the famous LaConner Tavern and decided to play some pulltabs, which I'd never even done before. We played a game called "The Luck Of The Irish" and I joked with the bartender that my (Japanese) hubby was Irish -- a private joke among our friends.

So, I won $100 and went back and bought my first purchase of Belleek porcelain, beautiful stuff!

1647555261904.png

We have a fair amount of Waterford crystal. Don't ask me which collection/design Just looks like glass crap that will eventually be broken to me--all the same. Apparently I am too dense to notice there are different patterns.

We have a fair amount of Waterford crystal. Don't ask me which collection/design Just looks like glass crap that will eventually be broken to me--all the same. Apparently I am too dense to notice there are different patterns.
Yes, there are different patterns. I always wanted to get some Waterford, but then got "the look" from hubby.

Yes, there are different patterns. I always wanted to get some Waterford, but then got "the look" from hubby.

Ironically I am the one who started this thing with the crystal so I am a guilty enabler. A high dollar boutique store near my work was going out of business and I bought a waterford crystal pitcher for like 80% off their list price. After that, all the womens in me life descended on the place like buzzards onto road kill. It is also how my house eventaully became overrun with Fitz and Floyd figurines, especially the Christmas ones that I refuse to touch. At $500/$600 a pop for dust collectors, my meaty paws aren't handling them. It started with a few on sale and now it is an annual "OMFG You spent what on that???" disagreement

Ironically I am the one who started this thing with the crystal so I am a guilty enabler. A high dollar boutique store near my work was going out of business and I bought a waterford crystal pitcher for like 80% off their list price. After that, all the womens in me life descended on the place like buzzards onto road kill. It is also how my house eventaully became overrun with Fitz and Floyd figurines, especially the Christmas ones that I refuse to touch. At $500/$600 a pop for dust collectors, my meaty paws aren't handling them. It started with a few on sale and now it is an annual "OMFG You spent what on that???" disagreement
You created a monster!

i know you live in Ohio,is that video footage you took?

too bad were not in a star trek world where i could beam over there and enjoy the party with ya.:biggrin:

Oh no, I just found it on YouTube when I was looking for Saint Paddy's Day parades and I picked that one since it was in my own state and not four hours long like the NYC one as that was a bit too much for me. XD So, sorry for the delay, but here's a story about the real Saint Patrick. :)

Oh yes the Irish music, I was going to get to that after I posted a few more videos. :) (Oh and I hope everybody is wearing green today. :D)

Forum List

Back