The Maturation Of Our President

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
We have seen Obama gradually morph from a leftist determined to change America to a pragmatist who has suppressed his fantasies and perhaps reluctantly embraced reality. ISIS is the straw that ended his dream. He was faced with the fact that you just can't satisfy some people and that they will kill you if you don't kill them. I've seen this happen to idealists, including myself, in the course of my 63 years. Sometimes reality, as miserable as it can often be, is irresistible.
"We will degrade and ultimately destroy, ISIL..." - Obama

Our golfer-in-chief is little more than a vaudeville showman, that's all.

Give him some applause, and he'll dance — for an international audience.

Don't give him applause, and he's off to play another 36 holes of golf.

We have seen Obama gradually morph from a leftist determined to change America to a pragmatist who has suppressed his fantasies and perhaps reluctantly embraced reality. ISIS is the straw that ended his dream. He was faced with the fact that you just can't satisfy some people and that they will kill you if you don't kill them. I've seen this happen to idealists, including myself, in the course of my 63 years. Sometimes reality, as miserable as it can often be, is irresistible.

No, what you're seeing is the all too common ailment that afflicts one president after another - the affliction of feeling the need to involve the US in another needless military adventure while the nations who really ought to be doing the fighting and dying sit in the grandstands.

Saying that is the easy part doing it will be the challenge that will require true leadership. If air power and using the free Syrian army the group he mocked and belittled just last month does not get the job done what will he do then? Will he be prepared to do the very thing he has said repeatedly he won't do send in U.S. ground troops? Will he have what it takes to go against his own party, the polls and public opinion on something like that?

No, what you're seeing is the all too common ailment that afflicts one president after another - the affliction of feeling the need to involve the US in another needless military adventure while the nations who really ought to be doing the fighting and dying sit in the grandstands.
:thup:

nycarbineer said:

Ordinarily, I would give you a thumbs-up and agree with you: but this particular conflict may hold the fate of the nation of Israel in the balance.

And I like Jews.

And I like Israel.

So I can't agree with you.

We belong there. :thup:

Just more gift of gab that is empty of action. Don't fall for it AGAIN.
Political-Evil.jpg

Funny, but I got the feeling and the distinct impression that Obama has had so little time to politicize the preferred outcome that he is taking this action with as pure a set of motives as I've seen.

Usually he gives off a sense of having an ulterior motive behind every seemingly good thing he does. It's like he does nothing until he has considered how, by tweaking this or that in just the right way, he can turn most every event into one which provides him some unexpected political opportunities or political advantages for him or the Dems.

His attitude in the speech tonite reminded me just a little bit, of a time early in my sales career when I felt I needed a sale so much that I decided to just be as honest and candid with this one particular customer as I could possibly be.

I told her the invoice price so she would know i was taking everything I could off of the price and I was going against the unwrit rules of the game by telling her my bottom line without any dickering.

I was GIVING her the deal of the month and not only did I break the rules to share this info with her, she didn't believe my sincerity!

That's the memory that came to my mind while watching Obama tonite.

He was being straight with us for once and now no one will believe or trust him!

LOLOL

But I shouldn't be laughing.

America needs to get this one right.

There's no fooling around possible.

Funny, but I got the feeling and the distinct impression that Obama has had so little time to politicize the preferred outcome that he is taking this action with as pure a set of motives as I've seen.

Usually he gives off a sense of having an ulterior motive behind every seemingly good thing he does. It's like he does nothing until he has considered how, by tweaking this or that in just the right way, he can turn most every event into one which provides him some unexpected political opportunities or political advantages for him or the Dems.

His attitude in the speech tonite reminded me just a little bit, of a time early in my sales career when I felt I needed a sale so much that I decided to just be as honest and candid with this one particular customer as I could possibly be.

I told her the invoice price so she would know i was taking everything I could off of the price and I was going against the unwrit rules of the game by telling her my bottom line without any dickering.

I was GIVING her the deal of the month and not only did I break the rules to share this info with her, she didn't believe my sincerity!

That's the memory that came to my mind while watching Obama tonite.

He was being straight with us for once and now no one will believe or trust him!

LOLOL

But I shouldn't be laughing.

America needs to get this one right.

There's no fooling around possible.

With all due respect, Mojo...the strategy that Obama proposed tonight is so flawed it's almost comical. He's going to combine airstrikes like we've done in Somalia with arming the very same small group of Syrians that he was saying a month ago, COULDN'T win a fight against ISIS, to fight against ISIS?

Seriously? The whole thing is so absurd it's farce! We've got the best military in the world who would mop the floor with ISIS so fast it wouldn't even be funny but Barry is so obsessed with his whole "no boots on the ground" thing that he's going to give weapons to a group of people who sold one of the American journalists that was beheaded to ISIS and will probably end up either losing those weapons to ISIS or turning them against us if they ever WERE to defeat ISIS!

Then you have to wonder at the intelligence of someone who actually thinks that the fight against Islamic extremists in Somalia is something to "model" a fight after elsewhere! Somalia is even worse than Iraq and Syria!

Barack Obama and his advisers are the most clueless group that the US has EVER had forming foreign policy! They truly are the blind leading the blind!

Stick with your "Pub dupes" posts, Franco...trying to argue that Obama's foreign policy has been "correct" is a joke!

The truth is...he's flailing badly. I think we're about to see a wholesale stampede of Democrats up for reelection, get as far from this President as possible.

Forum List

Back