The Media is equally responsible for the current election shitstorm

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
They call races. Then recall their own predictions. All after putting out absurdly bad polls.

As much fun as it can be to watch the process in action it ultimately equates to watching sausage being made.

Calling races immediately upon polls closing in one state in an effort to influence voting in states where voting is still active.

It's all a disgusting sham

They call races. Then recall their own predictions. All after putting out absurdly bad polls.

As much fun as it can be to watch the process in action it ultimately equates to watching sausage being made.

Calling races immediately upon polls closing in one state in an effort to influence voting in states where voting is still active.

To many people making a good buck and really are useless. Trump what ever happens though has shown everyone the frauds of entertainment/sports/politicians/extremist judges and elites. With the unelected swamp members in D.C. included in the vile stew.

You have ZERO clue how it all works.

Were you upset when Mississippi was declared for trump in the early hours?
Or Wyoming?

Did that happen? Was any state called before the polls were closed that influenced another state?

You didn't seem to have a problem with it when the blob was winning.

But you're right, we need to drastically modify the way we do elections in this nation.

As someone whose candidate is the presumptive winner in the Presidential contest....IT IS RIDICULOUS.
The primary system is a disaster; the way the parties run the conventions is a disaster, the 57 different sets of rules and criteria is a joke, the voting hardware that changes from precinct to precinct is dumb, the various forms of ID that are accepted...even the idea of forcing millions through a pop-up enterprise that disappears in 24 hours--on a single day is silly.

You didn't seem to have a problem with it when the blob was winning.

But you're right, we need to drastically modify the way we do elections in this nation.

As someone whose candidate is the presumptive winner in the Presidential contest....IT IS RIDICULOUS.
The primary system is a disaster; the way the parties run the conventions is a disaster, the 57 different sets of rules and criteria is a joke, the voting hardware that changes from precinct to precinct is dumb, the various forms of ID that are accepted...even the idea of forcing millions through a pop-up enterprise that disappears in 24 hours--on a single day is silly.

And that's before we hand the election over to a bunch of faceless/nameless electors who vote for us.

I'd say the last 4 years of massive media bias, coupled with Russia Russia, impeachment and general "resistance" has also contributed to this.

Yes though, calling states after 1% suggests we are living in the minority report.

If they used historic logic, you wouldn't need to vote. They would have given Trump far fewer Latino voters in Miami than what he normally would get.

These tools use historical data as if it's static. No way they should give Biden AZ after 73%, when they didn't give Trump many other states where he had a much bigger lead and similar %'s in.

Yes though, calling states after 1% suggests we are living in the minority report.
Sure, and when trump had the early vote in Virginia, and they declared a win for Biden when the tally was 37% Biden and 60% trump, and they somehow DECLARED Biden the winner, how did they predict that?

Did that happen? Was any state called before the polls were closed that influenced another state?
Have you ever really looked at a percentage of the Prog elected? There are variations of humans I get it. Some of these people are freaks! Some would be in mental institutions if they were still open. And they are in office.

I think the media (at least what I followed, largely NPR, AP) were pretty circumspect. It still is not certain.

I think a larger concern is, as you say the polling, but that isn't the media per se. Again - the polls got it wrong. So...why? It isn't like they didn't seriously re-order themselves after 2016 but still - they were far off on some of it.

I think another big concern is the divide in this country and the fact that a substantial portion of our people back a truly flawed man, in the person of Trump. Dems are missing all this. They aren't getting the message right. They missed backing their most vulnerable (and moderate) candidates as well.

It's hard to be optimistic.

I don't think so.

Have you ever really looked at a percentage of the Prog elected? There are variations of humans I get it. Some of these people are freaks! Some would be in mental institutions if they were still open. And they are in office.

Have you ever listened to Louie Gohmert for more than 2 or 3 minutes?

I'd say the last 4 years of massive media bias, coupled with Russia Russia, impeachment and general "resistance" has also contributed to this.

If they used historic logic, you wouldn't need to vote. They would have given Trump far fewer Latino voters in Miami than what he normally would get.

These tools use historical data as if it's static. No way they should give Biden AZ after 73%, when they didn't give Trump many other states where he had a much bigger lead and similar %'s in.
They still won't call GA and NC, even though Biden has to win 70-80% of the remaining vote to TIE Trump.

It's PATHETIC!!!

They still won't call GA and NC, even though Biden has to win 70-80% of the remaining vote to TIE Trump.

It's PATHETIC!!!
They are being cautious, like they have been with the other states.

It's PATHETIC!!!
Like calling VA with 1% in and calling AZ with 31% outstanding?

It's PATHETIC!!!

Honestly, if anything, this election should raise some issues about reporting.

How about "you cannot 'call' a state for any candidate until at least 80% returned"? I think their actions themselves are delegitimizing the entire process. It will get to the point where, "hey, why should I vote, they won't count my votes anyways, as they will call the election after 5% in".

It's PATHETIC!!!

Honestly, if anything, this election should raise some issues about reporting.

How about "you cannot 'call' a state for any candidate until at least 80% returned"? I think their actions themselves are delegitimizing the entire process. It will get to the point where, "hey, why should I vote, they won't count my votes anyways, as they will call the election after 5% in".

Can you name a state where something like that happened?

Forum List

Back