CDZ The merits of mask wearing in these covid times

There are no absolute guarantees no mater what you do. The odds have proven to be better for those who take precautions.
what odds? I'm fourteen months now clean. no vaccine, no mask. masks don't work. you didn't hear fauci say to wear two? he admitted they don't work. no light bulb went off in your head huh? go figure.

There are no absolute guarantees no mater what you do. The odds have proven to be better for those who take precautions.
what odds? I'm fourteen months now clean. no vaccine, no mask. masks don't work. you didn't hear fauci say to wear two? he admitted they don't work. no light bulb went off in your head huh? go figure.
Since the beginning of the pandemic how many times have I written a post just like this one? Hundreds, I'm sure. Anyway, here it goes again... masks are shown to work. Every legitimate medical website will tell you exactly that. Masks work by reducing the distance traveled, and amount of viral load being exhaled by a cough, sneeze, or simply by speaking.

I also don't think it works. But I don't see the harm in humouring people who feel safer if I'm wearing it. Also, please, no epithets like sheeple. My own brother called my dad a sheep for getting his first dose of one of the Covid vaccines. Epithets aren't helping anything. I'm all for persuading people that a lot of things are not what we are told, especially the vaccines, but I think we have to do it in a kind way.
I am all for being "kind" until a moron without a clue infringes on my freedom because of their unproven insecurities. THEY have a problem that they can address by restricting THEIR OWN freedoms without infringing on mine. They can stay in their basements.

Since the beginning of the pandemic how many times have I written a post just like this one? Hundreds, I'm sure. Anyway, here it goes again... masks are shown to work. Every legitimate medical website will tell you exactly that. Masks work by reducing the distance traveled, and amount of viral load being exhaled by a cough, sneeze, or simply by speaking.
Since the beginning of the pandemic how many times have I myself written a post just like this one?

You get more of a 'viral load' from your hands. Masks are too porous to stop a virus, they only limit larger particulates that may contain a virus. Social distancing is more effective. Taking your mask on and off or adjusting it with your hands is more of a risk. Masks are too often worn improperly and, if one has facial hair they don't work at all.

I got the vaccine because for me it made sense.

When I go where masks are required I wear a mask. Out of courtesy.

Whether it works or not is immaterial. It's about living among others.

When all this is behind us the wise will keep a pristine mask or two.
To display along side their hula-hoops. Best, though, to keep a sealed box of masks for maximum antique value.

You get more of a 'viral load' from your hands. Masks are too porous to stop a virus, they only limit larger particulates that may contain a virus. Social distancing is more effective. Taking your mask on and off or adjusting it with your hands is more of a risk. Masks are too often worn improperly and, if one has facial hair they don't work at all.

The point of the mask is less about stopping the income than decreasing the distance of the outgoing.

When I was first stationed in Japan I found it odd that people wore mask on the subways and in public. I asked one of the Japanese men I had come to know why they did it, what they were trying to protect themselves from. I was told it was not about protecting themselves, but as a common courtesy to others. It was about keeping their germs from flying all over the place when they breath or sneeze.

When all this is behind us the wise will keep a pristine mask or two.
To display along side their hula-hoops. Best, though, to keep a sealed box of masks for maximum antique value.

It would be nice to see us do like many Asian cultures and wear a mask when we are not feeling well and have to be out in public.

There is social value in the concept of wearing masks when one is not feeling well.
Not hard to envision, for example, red masks being appropriate for certain females experiencing discomfort at times. Definitely a signal to avoid close contact and avert conflict that could lead to injury.
But surely voluntary - not mandatory.

The important data is all that shows that there is no significant decrease in COVID where mask mandates have been imposed.

that’s all you need to know
Half the country vaccinated and, it says only one thing! Stupid is still stupid

Umm… by definition an asymptomatic person is infected but has no symptoms. How do you not understand this nearly two years in?
By strict definition, asymptomatic means literally "without symptoms." A person who is not infected is, of course, asymptomatic. Before you set yourself up as an expert, you should know your subject matter. Definition of ASYMPTOMATIC

Dopes.

Common question​

What does an asymptomatic case of COVID-19 mean?

Someone who is asymptomatic has the infection but no symptoms and will not develop them later. Someone who is pre-symptomatic has the infection but don't have any symptoms yet.Jun 15, 2020

By strict definition, asymptomatic means literally "without symptoms." A person who is not infected is, of course, asymptomatic. Before you set yourself up as an expert, you should know your subject matter. Definition of ASYMPTOMATIC
Obviously I’m referring to an infected individual, dope. It would make no sense otherwise. But of course you would latch onto the least feasible meaning as you abilities are limited. :uhoh3:

Forum List

Back