CDZ The merits of mask wearing in these covid times

Some posters started talking about masks and their merits in another thread of mine, I thought it might be good to have a thread here dedicated to this subject. For my part, I wear masks where I have to, which is mainly stores and hospitals (they generally have someone checking to see if you have a mask on), when I don't have to, I tend not to. I also wear it around people who I'm friends with who think it will protect them. They generally know I don't believe that, but I do it for them. I wear the thinnest masks possible, thin cotton so that I can breathe as normally as possible through them. Hospitals require wearing one of those plastic masks that is messing up the environment and are hard to breathe from, I have at least persuaded them that I need to wear my cotton one underneath it. I have breathing issues and I have heard that the plastic particles in the plastic masks can be inhaled. Anyway, I'll start off with a quote from an article that links to many other articles on the science of masks:

While the COVID-19 crisis rages on, the science against and in support of wearing masks accumulates daily. On the one side, proponents argue that masks save lives and stop the spread of the virus. The other side contends that wearing masks is complicated and suggests masks are ineffective and may even be harmful.

Recently, yet another angle has emerged asserting that regardless of whether masks work or not, government shouldn’t mandate that people must wear them, especially by children where the risks of contracting, spreading and exhibiting symptoms from COVID-19 are very low.

CHD is glad to provide dozens of studies/articles/videos we have accumulated, including meta-analyses. And, we will continue to post mask information on this page. (Some items appear under multiple headings depending on their content.)

The links can be seen here:
Again with this? You never answered my questions concerning what you have against actual medical websites, all of which state clearly that masks help reduce viral spread. That is 100% of actual, legitimate medical websites.

I'm kinda tired right now, so I'll just go with a quote:
“They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.”
-Gerald Massey

Again with this? You never answered my questions concerning what you have against actual medical websites, all of which state clearly that masks help reduce viral spread.
because the words there you ignore are reduce, reduce by how much? Reduce does not mean prevent. If masks actually worked, you would be dead. Why do you need me to wear one so badly? I'm not ill or sick or any other rational thing you could invent, you think you are so self righteous. Why don't you live in your basement and let us normal folks live our lives without your germaphobic tendencies?
Some posters started talking about masks and their merits in another thread of mine, I thought it might be good to have a thread here dedicated to this subject. For my part, I wear masks where I have to, which is mainly stores and hospitals (they generally have someone checking to see if you have a mask on), when I don't have to, I tend not to. I also wear it around people who I'm friends with who think it will protect them. They generally know I don't believe that, but I do it for them. I wear the thinnest masks possible, thin cotton so that I can breathe as normally as possible through them. Hospitals require wearing one of those plastic masks that is messing up the environment and are hard to breathe from, I have at least persuaded them that I need to wear my cotton one underneath it. I have breathing issues and I have heard that the plastic particles in the plastic masks can be inhaled. Anyway, I'll start off with a quote from an article that links to many other articles on the science of masks:

While the COVID-19 crisis rages on, the science against and in support of wearing masks accumulates daily. On the one side, proponents argue that masks save lives and stop the spread of the virus. The other side contends that wearing masks is complicated and suggests masks are ineffective and may even be harmful.

Recently, yet another angle has emerged asserting that regardless of whether masks work or not, government shouldn’t mandate that people must wear them, especially by children where the risks of contracting, spreading and exhibiting symptoms from COVID-19 are very low.

CHD is glad to provide dozens of studies/articles/videos we have accumulated, including meta-analyses. And, we will continue to post mask information on this page. (Some items appear under multiple headings depending on their content.)

Again with this? You never answered my questions concerning what you have against actual medical websites, all of which state clearly that masks help reduce viral spread. That is 100% of actual, legitimate medical websites.

“They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.”
-Gerald Massey
That quote is meaningless given you have your own version of "authority" which based on all recognized evidence, is not an authority based on truth.

Again with this? You never answered my questions concerning what you have against actual medical websites, all of which state clearly that masks help reduce viral spread.
because the words there you ignore are reduce, reduce by how much? Reduce does not mean prevent. If masks actually worked, you would be dead. Why do you need me to wear one so badly? I'm not ill or sick or any other rational thing you could invent, you think you are so self righteous. Why don't you live in your basement and let us normal folks live our lives without your germaphobic tendencies?

-Gerald Massey
That quote is meaningless given you have your own version of "authority" which based on all recognized evidence, is not an authority based on truth.

My point is, the truth doesn't care what authority figure(s) say. It won't change its mind just because some head honcho is saying the opposite. The trick is to focus on the evidence not what authorities are saying.

who is your authority? I don't have anyone. I'm my own boss outside of my job. My wife and family make our own assessments and do our own thing. I don't need any government human to be my god.

The masks do not protect anyone.

who is your authority? I don't have anyone. I'm my own boss outside of my job. My wife and family make our own assessments and do our own thing. I don't need any government human to be my god.
Your post has scant little to do with my post but since you claim to have no one acting as your authority, I have to ask; do you walk into stores and take what you need without paying? Do you dismiss speed limits?

I have a group of friends that believe that wearing a strap on dildo on your head will protect you from unicorns. Another group also believes that but only if the dildos are worn with a condom on them.

I feel more protected in the latter group.

Come on guys, no point in going on like this. You know the irony is I made this thread, but I don't actually want to go through all the studies I've read. I mean, the OP links to a bunch of articles on the subject. And crepitus put up his links in post 28. So I think that's where people should go to get their material, whatever side they're on. I was thinking I could just watch and see if anyone really wants to be serious about it or whether we just want to talk about unicorns and such instead. I mean, don't get me wrong, one of my favourite movies as a kid was The Last Unicorn, but it's not exactly what this thread is about :p.
I've seen you vet articles on other threads. If you want the truth about masks, vet the information for yourself. Find out how big the holes in masks are, and find out the size of the virus or droplets. Research how exactly holes filter out something 1000 times smaller. Ignore the propaganda.

Other than you do not need to shave as often, I do not know. We have no choice as long as businesses want them worn.

what would the mask protect anyone from? you realize they don't actually prevent your water droplets from releasing in the air right? If they did, you'd be dead from no oxygen.
Much worse than just breathing back in chit that is supposed to be exhaled not inhaled.

I have a group of friends that believe that wearing a strap on dildo on your head will protect you from unicorns. Another group also believes that but only if the dildos are worn with a condom on them.

I feel more protected in the latter group.

Come on guys, no point in going on like this. You know the irony is I made this thread, but I don't actually want to go through all the studies I've read. I mean, the OP links to a bunch of articles on the subject. And crepitus put up his links in post 28. So I think that's where people should go to get their material, whatever side they're on. I was thinking I could just watch and see if anyone really wants to be serious about it or whether we just want to talk about unicorns and such instead. I mean, don't get me wrong, one of my favourite movies as a kid was The Last Unicorn, but it's not exactly what this thread is about :p.
I've seen you vet articles on other threads. If you want the truth about masks, vet the information for yourself. Find out how big the holes in masks are, and find out the size of the virus or droplets. Research how exactly holes filter out something 1000 times smaller. Ignore the propaganda.

You're preaching to the choir with me. I just don't really want to argue that much with people about this. I thought I'd make a thread and see if anyone else would want to argue about it, and I could just watch :p.

Your post has scant little to do with my post but since you claim to have no one acting as your authority, I have to ask; do you walk into stores and take what you need without paying? Do you dismiss speed limits?
Why would I? I made an agreement that my boundaries were set to live in society. That’s not what you were talking about. Yours was an individual not a societal agreement. That’s done in laws.

cops are those who enforce the laws, non compliance is illegal

wearing a mask is not law and there is no authority to mandate without a law

Last edited:

Simple video explanations for conspiracy theorists who have difficulty with the science.

Let me know if you need any more help getting your head on straight.

naw, it seems it is you that doesn't get it. Dude, if you can't see that as much shit comes through the mask as without one that's your loss. I can't help you. See, the droplets in the air are still there, do you need me to draw where for you, or can you admit they're there?

Additionally, most normal folks cover their mouths when they sneeze. So technically that's an errored side as well.

Watch the videos I posted. Educate yourself. It won't hurt, I promise.

Here's another 100% legitimate piece of news--Joe Biden is POTUS and the sky is falling.

Why would I? I made an agreement that my boundaries were set to live in society. That’s not what you were talking about. Yours was an individual not a societal agreement. That’s done in laws.

cops are those who enforce the laws, non compliance is illegal

wearing a mask is not law and there is no authority to mandate without a law
bj6whu3miiw61.jpg
Women in a abortion clinic getting the baby removed. Its her body. Same woman forced to wear a mask while it is happening. Its her body.

There is no scientific proof masks work to stop COVID viruses or any other virus.

Like you I wear the mask at any store or business that still requires it to enter where it’s not required I don’t nor do I wear one outside I haven’t since day one. I believe a mask might decrease your odds of getting covid to some degree but won’t prevent it. Two people I work with who wear mask far more than I do have both gotten covid I wear one no more than I have to and have not people can take whatever they wish from that. I feel there are a lot of things that factor into rather one gets covid and mask wearing is just a small part of it.

Like you I wear the mask at any store or business that still requires it to enter where it’s not required I don’t nor do I wear one outside I haven’t since day one. I believe a mask might decrease your odds of getting covid to some degree but won’t prevent it. Two people I work with who wear mask far more than I do have both gotten covid I wear one no more than I have to and have not people can take whatever they wish from that. I feel there are a lot of things that factor into rather one gets covid and mask wearing is just a small part of it.
the minute fauci said to wear two should have been the light bulb that went off that masks don't work. too fking funny. masks. as much shit comes out of a mask as without one.. hahahahahahahaha thanks BTW.

Got both shots, respect the rights of store owners to protect their employees by asking that I mask. , Also use a mask when ever around people who don't respect those who require masks. There are no absolute guarantees no mater what you do. The odds have proven to be better for those who take precautions.

Forum List

Back