The mind boggling hypocrisy of the right

"Do you think allowing citizens to own assault weapons makes the country safer or more dangerous?" Options rotated

Safer 21%
More dangerous 65%
Unsure/Refused 13%

Pew Center. Dec. 17-19, 2012. N=1,219 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.4.

Guns

Last edited:
Hey dumbass. With all the school shootings we've had the teachers are ALREADY on the front lines. The right justs wants them to have the means and ability to defend themselves and their charges. Something you jackasses on the left seem to think can be done by posting signs on the property that says this is a "Gun free Zone". You freaking morons on the left are the biggest and greatest "Clear and Present Danger" to this nation in our entire history. We continue to fight threats abroad, while all the while the greatest threat to our security and freedom is to be found right here at home.

Great point!

Signs that says Gun Free Zone, do nothing. We need much stricter regulations. Thanks for pointing that out!

Just who would be inclined to obey your stricter regulations?
My GOD you are an idiot!

Why have any laws then?

So whose job is it to keep kids secure if not the teachers? Still waiting for an answer.
And what is your solution to school killings?

I don't have a solution. It sure as hell isn't arming teachers. There's something really fucked up in American society, and the proliferation of guns contributes to it.

Teachers are there to teach, not to be armed to the teeth. FFS, all these social conservatives lamenting that teachers shouldn't be raising kids or teaching abstinence because its too intrusive are now saying teachers should be armed to protect kids. Bizarre.

You're damned straight it's bizarre. It's bizarre that it is necessary to protect students from crazy motherfuckers that want to kill them. It's equally bizarre that you don't want to protect the students.

It's absolutely horrible that we live in a society where something like Sandy Hook is even possible, but the fact remains that, from time to time, an insane social misfit IS going to enter a school and try to kill kids.
Instead of jamming your thumbs in your ears and denying reality, why not do what we can to save lives while we look for ways to fix society?

Why don't these sort of gun violence tragedies happen in other 1st world countries at that rate they happen here?

For the past 3-4 years, the RIGHT has been saying they want to pay teachers and cops less, hire fewer teachers and cops, disenfranchise teachers and cops.

Then we have yet another school shooting and all of a sudden its the RIGHT that wants teachers and cops to watch over us, take care of us, fight back for us.

I wonder ... with the RIGHT want to pay teachers more for suddenly being forced onto the front lines?

Hell no.

Oh, oh, oh......I want to play. For the past 3-4 years, the LEFT has been saying that they want to murder unborn children. Now with violence in schools, they resist putting trained armed guards in schools to protect children. Why does the LEFT hate children? Why does the LEFT want to kill children?

STFU Puddly Pillowbiter.

For the past 3-4 years, the RIGHT has been saying they want to pay teachers and cops less, hire fewer teachers and cops, disenfranchise teachers and cops.

Then we have yet another school shooting and all of a sudden its the RIGHT that wants teachers and cops to watch over us, take care of us, fight back for us.

I wonder ... with the RIGHT want to pay teachers more for suddenly being forced onto the front lines?

Hell no.

Oh, oh, oh......I want to play. For the past 3-4 years, the LEFT has been saying that they want to murder unborn children. Now with violence in schools, they resist putting trained armed guards in schools to protect children. Why does the LEFT hate children? Why does the LEFT want to kill children?

STFU Puddly Pillowbiter.

It's not a child if it's not been born. Do you say we have 2 children and 1 on the way or we have 3 children?

Idiot.

Are they then responsible for defending themselves from armed attackers?

Surely the teacher and students have a better chance of surviving if the teacher is trained and armed.

False.

Where is your evidence that it's false?

There were well trained professionals on duty at Columbine, Ft Hood, Virginia Tech but they didn't stop the shooters.

Why would anyone believe a teacher taking an 8 hour crash course would do any better?

And, NO, it is not their job to give their life, not their job to carry a gun.

RDD is right - this is a ridiculous "argument".

Hell no.

STFU Puddly Pillowbiter.

It's not a child if it's not been born. Do you say we have 2 children and 1 on the way or we have 3 children?

Idiot.

How can I say this at a level you might understand? Fuck you.

STFU Puddly Pillowbiter.

Idiot.

Figured that was the best you had. Sorry that facts contradict your opinion. Cry some more hypocrite.

Idiot.

Figured that was the best you had. Sorry that facts contradict your opinion. Cry some more hypocrite.

I have better, I just don't cast my pearls before swine. It's all your "facts" deserve.

Hell no.

I do not think hypocrisy means what you think it means.

By the way, I know I'm new here, but I have a hard time believing anyone was advocating lowering teacher and police pay....

Good point.

Why stop there? We should make schools like prisons that keep people out instead of in. There would be big gates with bars where only top security are cleared, guarded by tanks. Walls made of concrete with barbed wire on the top would be mandatory. Intense physical and weapons training would be mandatory for all teachers. Machine guns would hang on walls.

Fuck, yeah!

So whose job is it to keep kids secure if not the teachers? Still waiting for an answer.

I don't have a solution. It sure as hell isn't arming teachers. There's something really fucked up in American society, and the proliferation of guns contributes to it.

Teachers are there to teach, not to be armed to the teeth. FFS, all these social conservatives lamenting that teachers shouldn't be raising kids or teaching abstinence because its too intrusive are now saying teachers should be armed to protect kids. Bizarre.

OK, so you dont have a solution. But the one solution that will work you don't want to do because it's "bizarre." Excuse me, kids and teachers cowering helplessly while armed madmen shoot them like ducks is far more bizarre and arming teachers who are qualified and trained sounds like a workable solution. Sorry you favor dead kids.

OK, so you dont have a solution. But the one solution that will work you don't want to do because it's "bizarre." Excuse me, kids and teachers cowering helplessly while armed madmen shoot them like ducks is far more bizarre and arming teachers who are qualified and trained sounds like a workable solution. Sorry you favor dead kids.

solution take teachers who are interested and who pass a thorough background check , send them to the police academy then when they graduate , deputize them and arm them in the schools.

Anyone with a gun at a school should absolutely be part of the "official" system. Otherwise what we'll end up with is some poor teacher getting killed by the responding cops b/c they weren't aware of who the bad guy was and who the good guy was when they entered the building.

That's just common sense. I've no problem arming some teachers who are serious about becoming part of the solution, but not if it just creates another problem.

I think those same armed deputized teachers should have a police band radio in their classrooms where they have instant communications with the local police department if needed.

Where is your evidence that it's false?

There were well trained professionals on duty at Columbine, Ft Hood, Virginia Tech but they didn't stop the shooters.

Good point, Nuttley. And what did all of those have in common? Right, gun-free zones. There's your problem right there. Work on it.

gun free zones are a lot like handicapped parking spots. If there is no one around who is able to enforce the rule, anyone can park in the handicap spot.

Getting rid of the handicap spot is no solution.

The mind boggling hypocrisy of the right

Hell no.
You are the King of Idiotic Strawman Arguments.

All hail the Straw-King Luddly!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv - YouTube[/ame]

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Last edited:
I dont think its the right being hypocritical. I think america as a nation is hypocritical. We say we value education but in reality we dont.
A large percentage of kids look upon education as something to get done with... They look at their teachers as second rate citizens. There really is no value for education and it comes from....drumroll please.......parents.

Hell no.

I do not think hypocrisy means what you think it means.

By the way, I know I'm new here, but I have a hard time believing anyone was advocating lowering teacher and police pay....

Then you ARE new here.... Welcome. Good luck.

solution take teachers who are interested and who pass a thorough background check , send them to the police academy then when they graduate , deputize them and arm them in the schools.

Anyone with a gun at a school should absolutely be part of the "official" system. Otherwise what we'll end up with is some poor teacher getting killed by the responding cops b/c they weren't aware of who the bad guy was and who the good guy was when they entered the building.

That's just common sense. I've no problem arming some teachers who are serious about becoming part of the solution, but not if it just creates another problem.

I think those same armed deputized teachers should have a police band radio in their classrooms where they have instant communications with the local police department if needed.

Most teachers--a lot of students too--carry these things called "cell phones." All it takes is 3 numbers and they're talking to the police. Amazing technology.

Forum List

Back