The Moody Blues

I use to sit with headphones on when I was a teen and listen to their iconic album "Days of Future Passed"
The Moody Blues, to me, is music I liked listening to alone, and not with other people. Way more personal and spiritual.

I use to sit with headphones on when I was a teen and listen to their iconic album "Days of Future Passed"
The Moody Blues, to me, is music I liked listening to alone, and not with other people. Way more personal and spiritual.
Their music is very uplifting and penetrates to the soul. I get chills whenever I listen to "Nights in White Satin".

Tuesday Afternoon is my favorite.
Have you ever listened to this version on vinyl? It is hands down the best.

1668355004054.png

Have you ever listened to this version on vinyl? It is hands down the best.

View attachment 725193
I personally didn't have the vinyl album, I had a cassette I bought probably between 1980-82.
Nights in White Satin is why I bought the album.
I also bought In Search of the Lost Chord and The Best of the Moody Blues which ironically half of the album was from the albums I already had.

I know this isn't Moody Blues obviously, but like Nights in White Satin, this song, and particularly this live version send chills through you....

Procol Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale...

I personally didn't have the vinyl album, I had a cassette I bought probably between 1980-82.
Nights in White Satin is why I bought the album.
I also bought In Search of the Lost Chord and The Best of the Moody Blues which ironically half of the album was from the albums I already had.
Did you know cassettes are making a resurgence? It's true. There is a demand for them.
I have it on CD and SACD also, which is very nice.

1668355923778.png

Did you know cassettes are making a resurgence? It's true. There is a demand for them.
I have it on CD and SACD also, which is very nice.

View attachment 725200
Super sad story.... when I was in High School I did some work for an organized crime guy who also owned a large bar/restaurant/nightclub all rolled into one. I tapped kegs, stocked beer, cleaned the bar area and vacuumed the massive floor. etc. No kidding... the dude was eventually shot in the head and killed years later by rivals.
Anyway... I therefore had money. And because of that I had a huge cassette collection. 100s of tapes.
One day while parked at the mall, I stupidly forgot to lock my car and my whole collection was stolen. Holy cow was I sick.

Super sad story.... when I was in High School I did some work for an organized crime guy who also owned a large bar/restaurant/nightclub all rolled into one. I tapped kegs, stocked beer, cleaned the bar area and vacuumed the massive floor. etc. No kidding... the dude was eventually shot in the head and killed years later by rivals.
Anyway... I therefore had money. And because of that I had a huge cassette collection. 100s of tapes.
One day while parked at the mall, I stupidly forgot to lock my car and my whole collection was stolen. Holy cow was I sick.
I can imagine the heartbreak.

I know this isn't Moody Blues obviously, but like Nights in White Satin, this song, and particularly this live version send chills through you....

Procol Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale...

Gary Brooker of Procol Harum had a huge hit in England with this song. He had another minor hit with Conquistador.

Gary Brooker of Procol Harum had a huge hit in England with this song. He had another minor hit with Conquistador.
I always wondered how badly he grew tired of being "that guy that sings that one song"
I would say, in America. at least 90% of the population if you asked "do you like Whiter Shade of Pale" - their answer would be "Whiter what?"... but play the song - "oh that song!"

I always wondered how badly he grew tired of being "that guy that sings that one song"
I would say, in America. at least 90% of the population if you asked "do you like Whiter Shade of Pale" - their answer would be "Whiter what?"... but play the song - "oh that song!"
He made a 50 year career out of that song.

Forum List

Back