The most fucked in the head opinion piece I have ever read to justify criminals.

Yup. No reason due process has to take more than 48 hours.

You haven't been paying attention. Immigration courts are backed up for months.

I have been paying attention.
We can do these much faster with immediate deportations instead of ordering
these people to be deported and then releasing them.

Pay for more courts.

And end catch and release.
And streamline the rejection of phony asylum claims.

Once again, due process. I understand you are no fan of that.
due process, you're here illegally, go home, now get out!! due process.

Pay for more courts.

Taking years to deport an illegal alien is not due process.

Pay for more courts.

Pay for more courts.

It's amazing how many foes of the Constitution we have.

Pay for more courts.

i know, they're called illegals.

Pay for more courts.

Pay for more courts.
nope, send them home.

Pay for more courts.

Not until a court of laws makes that determination and even then they still have rights protected under the Constitution.

Do Undocumented Immigrants Have Constitutional Rights?

The fact that the term "illegal immigrants" does not appear in the document doesn't mean that the U.S. Constitution's rights and freedoms do not apply to them.

Often described as a "living document," the Constitution has repeatedly been interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court, federal appeals courts, and Congress in order to address the ever-changing needs and demands of the people. While many argue that "We the People of the United States," refers only to legal citizens, the Supreme Court has consistently disagreed.

Why do you hate the laws of this country and wish for them to be ignored?

It's not immigrants, it's robots and machines. We must reject xenophobia and focus on the real threat to the jobs of millions of Americans: automation. Demonizing other people will get us nowhere.

Pay for more courts.

Pay for more courts.

Pay for more courts.

Not until a court of laws makes that determination and even then they still have rights protected under the Constitution.

The fact that the term "illegal immigrants" does not appear in the document doesn't mean that the U.S. Constitution's rights and freedoms do not apply to them.

Often described as a "living document," the Constitution has repeatedly been interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court, federal appeals courts, and Congress in order to address the ever-changing needs and demands of the people. While many argue that "We the People of the United States," refers only to legal citizens, the Supreme Court has consistently disagreed.

Not until a court of laws makes that determination

How long does that have to take?

It's not immigrants, it's robots and machines. We must reject xenophobia and focus on the real threat to the jobs of millions of Americans: automation. Demonizing other people will get us nowhere.

Exactly. We're losing jobs to automation, no reason to lose more to illegal aliens.
You're not demons....now go home.

define all your names for us, when did you get assigned to be a guardian over people you feel need it? Did they authorize you? Where did you sign up for the authorization?

With our backlogged and underfunded system it seems it takes a long time.

Yes, we need to make the deportations much faster.
No need to see the same illegal alien multiple times over several years, order them deported and have them ignore the order.

See them once, deny their bogus claim and ship them out the next day.

Do that for a while and the inward flow would be greatly reduced.

No need to see the same illegal alien multiple times over several years, order them deported and have them ignore the order.

As long as the jobs are open they will continue to come.

Not if we build a wall and boot the ones we catch.
We definitely need to target employers as well.

Donald Trump is an unindicted co-conspirator in multiple felonies.

Republicans have no problem defending him.

As long as the jobs are here, they will come. You can not build a wall around the country.

As long as the jobs are here, they will come. You can not build a wall around the country.

If they walk here, get a job and get deported a month later, they'll be reluctant to make a repeat trip.

If they walk here, get a job and get deported a month later, they'll be reluctant to make a repeat trip.

The ones that came after them will take the job. They have no reason to not return either. Their job is here.

You have to be kidding me hey politico THEY ARE CRIMINALS ...we are a nation of laws you numb nuts..

The ICE raids aren’t just wrong – they’re expensive

The ICE raids aren’t just wrong – they’re expensive

Does it make sense to spend $50,000 locking up someone for supporting her family?

This week, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided seven Mississippi food processing plants and arrested 680 workers for immigration violations. The moral cost of these raids to our shared humanity is apparent in stories like that of a tearful 13-year-old boy waving goodbye to his mother or an 11-year old girl pleading for her father’s release. But some people might feel differently, believing such scenes are just the cost of enforcing our immigration laws. If that’s you, I urge you to weigh another cost instead: the sheer financial expense of such cruelty.

First, there’s lost income. ICE was created in 2003 to “protect national security and public safety after 9/11,” but this week’s raids were not about security or safety or terrorism. They targeted immigrants while they worked to support their families and our economy. Many of the arrested individuals now leave behind jobs that won’t be filled and children and spouses who now live without a family member and their associated income. Their communities and local businesses will suffer down the line. And state and local governments will lose the associated tax revenues; undocumented workers pay an estimated $12 billion a year in taxes.

Then there are the costs of enforcement and detention. ICE Acting Director Matt Albence admitted that the raids required a yearlong investigation and 600 agents to execute. The 680 arrested individuals now languish in detention facilities. According to ICE, the average daily cost of detaining one person is $134. Some estimates place the cost at closer to $200 per day. Given this administration’s immigration policies, from family separation to zero tolerance to mass raids, the number of immigrants in detention is rapidly expanding, not retracting. For every person who leaves detention, another replaces them, if not two. Even using ICE’s conservative figure of $134, the cost of keeping one immigrant in detention is almost $50,000 per year. The detention expense alone for the group detained on Wednesday is approximately $100,000 a day, $3 million per month, and $36 million a year. Given that more raids are coming, these costs are only going to go up.

The 680 arrested individuals now languish in detention facilities. According to ICE, the average daily cost of detaining one person is $134. Some estimates place the cost at closer to $200 per day.

I agree, we should deport these illegal aliens the day we pick them up.

Not a fan of having the Constitution are you?

Not a fan of an unsecured border and 20 million plus illegal aliens.
Millions cross the border on a daily basis for trade.

The very definition of Free Trade.
Most re-cross it at the end of the day, as well. Free trade.

Forum List

Back