🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

the most humiliating defeat in modern warfare history !!

The British at New Orleans was a biggie.
Perhaps, but it was politically irrelevant since the Treaty of Ghent had ended the war two weeks earlier. The news had just not crossed the Atlantic in time to prevent the useless effusion of blood.

The "victory" did provide a little propaganda salve to the bruised egos of the transatlantic bumpkins after a sillly, costly war which resulted in the burning of Washington DC in the only war (before Vietnam, of course) which the USA lost.
We didn't lose either of those wars.
Jingoistic crap like that does't fool me. I remember all the helicopters fleeing in panic from Saigon and being pushed overboard into the sea, bacause the American carriers didn't have enough room for them all !!

As for the War of 1812, it was a disaster for the jingoists of the time. I would say that having Washington DC being burned down by the British is pretty convincing proof that the USA was trounced. The US was just lucky that the British, being occupied in Europe with cleaning up the mess that Napoleon had left, regarded the American war as an irritating distraction and didn't impose humiliating terms on the defeated and demoralized Yanks.

How silly to allow your jingostic pride from preventing you from admitting what all the world knows (well, all the world that is interested), and what is crystal clear in history!!

All side said they won the War of 1812, which was why it was so easy to get each nation's population to support the peace.

The Americans said they won because of New Orleans.

The British said the won for sacking Washington.

The Canadians said they won for repelling an American invasion.

The only big losers in the War of 1812 were the native Americans. The British had given the tribes military backing, and then abandoned them as part of the peace, leaving the native Americans without allies and helpless against advancing Americans.

I think the American total defeat in Vietnam was the all time red face of a fail.

I think the American total defeat in Vietnam was the all time red face of a fail.

Why?

Because the most powerful nation in the world got its arse kicked.

vietnam-733929.jpg

Thinking on; it's far worse than just getting booted out of a third world country in total defeat - history has gone on to show how you killed people for absolutely no gain at all.
Take a look at Korea, where you managed a stalemate, and you see ongoing conflict with no end in sight.
Then Cuba where you interfered and attempted to remove the government - they're still there.

Then move back to Vietnam where you had your trousers removed, were bent over and arse shagged.
Yes, there's still a dodgy government but they're demi capitalist and there is no problem to the world.

That set of facts makes your defeat even worse then the simple bum fucking you got.

Because the most powerful nation in the world got its arse kicked.

vietnam-733929.jpg

Are you saying this just because you dislike the US? Because the Vietnamese took waaaay worse losses than we did in this conflict.

I didn't say I disliked the U.S. - You made that up.
As for losses - they kept their pride.

What makes the loss in Vietnam any worse than the Russians in Afghanistan for example? or China when they went into Vietnam? they only lasted a few weeks.

Yes, America is a super power. Then Israel repaid us by murdering 34 American Heroes during the 6 Day War.

Last edited:
Jingoistic crap like that does't fool me. I remember all the helicopters fleeing in panic from Saigon and being pushed overboard into the sea, bacause the American carriers didn't have enough room for them all !!

And I remember standing in the midst of dead and mangled NVA soldiers wishing they didn't smell quite so ripe. Anyone with any actual interest in history would know that our combat units had been withdrawn from the country for years before the NVA finally entered Saigon. The crowds fleeing were mostly South Vietnamese who wanted no part of "reunification".

As for the War of 1812, it was a disaster for the jingoists of the time. I would say that having Washington DC being burned down by the British is pretty convincing proof that the USA was trounced. The US was just lucky that the British, being occupied in Europe with cleaning up the mess that Napoleon had left, regarded the American war as an irritating distraction and didn't impose humiliating terms on the defeated and demoralized Yanks.

http://war1812.tripod.com/batorleans.html

"Major-General Sir Edward Pakenham was killed by a piece of grapeshot; Major-General Samuel Gibbs was mortally wounded and Major-General John Keane was seriously wounded. More than 2,000 British had been killed or wounded and several hundred more were captured. The American loss was eight killed and 13 wounded."

"Defeated" and "demoralized" describes the British nicely.

Thinking on; it's far worse than just getting booted out of a third world country in total defeat - history has gone on to show how you killed people for absolutely no gain at all.
Take a look at Korea, where you managed a stalemate, and you see ongoing conflict with no end in sight.
Then Cuba where you interfered and attempted to remove the government - they're still there.

Then move back to Vietnam where you had your trousers removed, were bent over and arse shagged.
Yes, there's still a dodgy government but they're demi capitalist and there is no problem to the world.

That set of facts makes your defeat even worse then the simple bum fucking you got.

Ok we get it you just hate the US, nothing to see here.:eusa_liar:

Idiotic. We were not defeated.

Our objective to was to keep South Vietnam from falling to the Communist's. They did fall.

How is that not a defeat?

While we were there we accomplished that objective. When the objective was changed to "withdraw" we accomplished that objective. Hard to get "kicked out" of somewhere when you aren't there.

Our objective to was to keep South Vietnam from falling to the Communist's. They did fall.

While we were there we accomplished that objective. When the objective was changed to "withdraw" we accomplished that objective. Hard to get "kicked out" of somewhere when you aren't there.

Boy, that's pretty convoluted reasoning. By that standard, the British were successful in Singapore because they fulfilled the final objective of surrender.

Perhaps, but it was politically irrelevant since the Treaty of Ghent had ended the war two weeks earlier. The news had just not crossed the Atlantic in time to prevent the useless effusion of blood.

The "victory" did provide a little propaganda salve to the bruised egos of the transatlantic bumpkins after a sillly, costly war which resulted in the burning of Washington DC in the only war (before Vietnam, of course) which the USA lost.
We didn't lose either of those wars.

How silly to allow your jingostic pride from preventing you from admitting what all the world knows (well, all the world that is interested), and what is crystal clear in history!!

Modern warfare? I'm sure the concept of modern warfare doesn't extend to the last time the Brits won one 1812. The British surrender without firing a shot at Singapore when the Japanese threatened early in WW2 is probably the most disgraceful surrender in history. MacArthur's escape leaving his Army to surrender at Corrigador and Battan comes in a close second. The US political system awarded MacArthur a MOH to compound the embarrassment.

Boy, that's pretty convoluted reasoning. By that standard, the British were successful in Singapore because they fulfilled the final objective of surrender.

Then it should be easy for you to explain how you can lose (or win) a fight you never engaged in. In '75 the NVA invaded RSVN (not the US) and we did not fight them. They did not fight us so why do you think they defeated us?

Ok we get it you just hate the US, nothing to see here.:eusa_liar:

Please post a quote from me where I say I hate the U.S.

You kept the commies out while you were there but decided to leave.
Do you actually believe that?

Forum List

Back