The most loved word, and also the most hated.

Lutroo

May 29, 2016
Redemption—the most important of all gospel truths—is at once the sweetest note in the song of Bible believers and a favorite target for the derision of Bible deniers. It offends the pride of fallen men to learn that they need to be redeemed, but it rejoices the souls of regenerate men to know their need has been graciously met.

And this is why the Gospel of Christ is so hated by many. They hate it because they refuse to admit that they are not good enough to make it to Heaven on their own. They will come up with all kinds of excuses, but the root cause is PRIDE. Always has been. Always will be.

Many will even tell you that they do not believe in God. This is not so, for the most part. Sure, there are those who have not made up their minds yet. But others have.

These unregenerate souls have rejected God, and the sacrifice that His Son made for us. These people are to be pitied above all others, because having known Christ, they have spit in His face and rejected the most precious gift ever offered. The gift of REDEMPTION.

Today is the day of Salvation.

If you are not saved, and would like to know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, it is very simple to do.

First, you must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and that He died and rose from the grave to save us from our sin.

Second, you must admit that you are a sinner, and that you are unworthy to stand in the presence of God. All have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God.

Third, you must ask God, in Jesus name, to forgive you, to come into your heart and save you. And here is how you do this. The words aren't really that important. It is your intent that matters. It goes something like this.

5494.jpg

I don't care to know "someone" that requires I admit my actions or thoughts are bad (according to them) and after having done so, am still unworthy of their acceptance. The amount of arrogance that takes is astonishing. Nobody should be made to feel ashamed of themselves or their bodies in order to be welcomed by anything. It sounds like low self esteem is a requirement to "know" Jesus.

"Hated"? Why do you think it's "hated"?
First thing someone did, was to warn me about you. I see why now.

Wow, that was quick.
Yep. Right after I introduced myself.

Really? Which thread? There's no "Pogo" warning on your introduction thread.
Sorry. It was Guno. Close enough to Pogo, and I'm tired.

Nope, there's no "Guno" warning either.

Red-Flag.jpg

Wow, that was quick.

Nope, there's no "Guno" warning either.

Red-Flag.jpg
HOSSFLY SAID:
Welcome.
There's a lot of evil, no good sinners around here who are beyond saving, i.e. guno

Redemption—the most important of all gospel truths—is at once the sweetest note in the song of Bible believers and a favorite target for the derision of Bible deniers. It offends the pride of fallen men to learn that they need to be redeemed, but it rejoices the souls of regenerate men to know their need has been graciously met.

And this is why the Gospel of Christ is so hated by many. They hate it because they refuse to admit that they are not good enough to make it to Heaven on their own. They will come up with all kinds of excuses, but the root cause is PRIDE. Always has been. Always will be.

Many will even tell you that they do not believe in God. This is not so, for the most part. Sure, there are those who have not made up their minds yet. But others have.

These unregenerate souls have rejected God, and the sacrifice that His Son made for us. These people are to be pitied above all others, because having known Christ, they have spit in His face and rejected the most precious gift ever offered. The gift of REDEMPTION.

Today is the day of Salvation.

If you are not saved, and would like to know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, it is very simple to do.

First, you must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and that He died and rose from the grave to save us from our sin.

Second, you must admit that you are a sinner, and that you are unworthy to stand in the presence of God. All have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God.

Third, you must ask God, in Jesus name, to forgive you, to come into your heart and save you. And here is how you do this. The words aren't really that important. It is your intent that matters. It goes something like this.

View attachment 76409

Dear Lutroo
I think FORGIVENESS is the hardest.
And the most rewarding because of what it takes.

Wow, that was quick.

Interesting.

Wow, that was quick.

Yes, if you are mixing up Pogo with Guno,
My goodness!
You are either WAY tired or drunk off your rocker!
{{{hugs}}} to you either way. Thanks for the amusing thought!

Wow, that was quick.

Yes, if you are mixing up Pogo with Guno,
My goodness!
You are either WAY tired or drunk off your rocker!
{{{hugs}}} to you either way. Thanks for the amusing thought!
It's perfectly understandable. They both end with the letter O. No wonder I got confused.

Attachments

• 1455069429410-neener.gif
    1455069429410-neener.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 39

Forum List

Back