The most loved word, and also the most hated.

Wow, that was quick.
Yep. Right after I introduced myself.

Really? Which thread? There's no "Pogo" warning on your introduction thread.
Sorry. It was Guno. Close enough to Pogo, and I'm tired.

Yes, if you are mixing up Pogo with Guno,
My goodness!
You are either WAY tired or drunk off your rocker!
{{{hugs}}} to you either way. Thanks for the amusing thought!
It's perfectly understandable. They both end with the letter O. No wonder I got confused.

Funny! Lutroo

Seriously, in studies on word recall and memory,
where people would confuse similar words that "sound like" the target word:
researcher found that people tend to pick and associate words with
the SAME "NUMBER of syllables"
and "syllabic STRESS" so it makes sense with these two names.

That's how our brains work sometimes,
that will try use the minimal information necessary to recognize words
and distinguish them from each other.
Oh, the adult brain, always trying to take shortcuts! Cheers!

Redemption—the most important of all gospel truths—is at once the sweetest note in the song of Bible believers and a favorite target for the derision of Bible deniers. It offends the pride of fallen men to learn that they need to be redeemed, but it rejoices the souls of regenerate men to know their need has been graciously met.

And this is why the Gospel of Christ is so hated by many. They hate it because they refuse to admit that they are not good enough to make it to Heaven on their own. They will come up with all kinds of excuses, but the root cause is PRIDE. Always has been. Always will be.

Many will even tell you that they do not believe in God. This is not so, for the most part. Sure, there are those who have not made up their minds yet. But others have.

These unregenerate souls have rejected God, and the sacrifice that His Son made for us. These people are to be pitied above all others, because having known Christ, they have spit in His face and rejected the most precious gift ever offered. The gift of REDEMPTION.

Today is the day of Salvation.

If you are not saved, and would like to know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, it is very simple to do.

First, you must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and that He died and rose from the grave to save us from our sin.

Second, you must admit that you are a sinner, and that you are unworthy to stand in the presence of God. All have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God.

Third, you must ask God, in Jesus name, to forgive you, to come into your heart and save you. And here is how you do this. The words aren't really that important. It is your intent that matters. It goes something like this.

View attachment 76409

No one pays for you sins except you, don't put your sins on a poor dead man.

Redemption—the most important of all gospel truths—is at once the sweetest note in the song of Bible believers and a favorite target for the derision of Bible deniers. It offends the pride of fallen men to learn that they need to be redeemed, but it rejoices the souls of regenerate men to know their need has been graciously met.

And this is why the Gospel of Christ is so hated by many. They hate it because they refuse to admit that they are not good enough to make it to Heaven on their own. They will come up with all kinds of excuses, but the root cause is PRIDE. Always has been. Always will be.

Many will even tell you that they do not believe in God. This is not so, for the most part. Sure, there are those who have not made up their minds yet. But others have.

These unregenerate souls have rejected God, and the sacrifice that His Son made for us. These people are to be pitied above all others, because having known Christ, they have spit in His face and rejected the most precious gift ever offered. The gift of REDEMPTION.

If you are not saved, and would like to know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, it is very simple to do.

First, you must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and that He died and rose from the grave to save us from our sin.

Second, you must admit that you are a sinner, and that you are unworthy to stand in the presence of God. All have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God.

Third, you must ask God, in Jesus name, to forgive you, to come into your heart and save you. And here is how you do this. The words aren't really that important. It is your intent that matters. It goes something like this.

Redemption is not about reciting a few lines.

What good is saying that you accept Jesus as your savior if you do not understand what he taught or how to comply with his instruction?

For example, Jesus said, "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you can have no life in you"

If you really are saved, how does one eat his flesh and drink his blood?

What is his flesh? What is his blood?

View attachment 76409

You cannot pay for your own sins. That's why Jesus decided to do it. That's Gospel one oh one. For by grace are ye saved. Not of works, lest any man should boast. There is nothing you can do to save yourself. This is a fact. You cannot earn your way to Heaven. This is why Jesus died in our place. It stands to reason if we could save ourselves, Jesus would not have had to die. Would He?

Redemption is not about reciting a few lines.

What good is saying that you accept Jesus as your savior if you do not understand what he taught or how to comply with his instruction?

For example, Jesus said, "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you can have no life in you"

If you really are saved, how does one eat his flesh and drink his blood?

What is his flesh? What is his blood?
I'll give you credit for not trolling, and assume you're serious about this. It would take you five minutes to find several scholarly articles about this. Google is your friend. And finally, redemption is nothing more, or less, than the realization that one is a sinner, combined with the act of repentance. The rest is gravy.

they are not good enough to make it to Heaven on their own

... and for you and the biblicist community the myth of J "the redeemer" is going to do nothing to change your fate.

Am I correct in my perception that you are calling my Lord and Savior a myth? I just wanted to confirm this before I let you have it with both barrels.

View attachment 76409

:clap2:

"Hated"? Why do you think it's "hated"?
First thing someone did, was to warn me about you. I see why now.

Wow, that was quick.

No matter--- blame Jesus.

Wow, that was quick.

Yes, if you are mixing up Pogo with Guno,
My goodness!
You are either WAY tired or drunk off your rocker!
{{{hugs}}} to you either way. Thanks for the amusing thought!
It's perfectly understandable. They both end with the letter O. No wonder I got confused.

Bizarro. :cuckoo:

Can't imagine how this guy's brain musta blew up when there was a debate and Marco Rubio was on.

View attachment 76409

Let's clarify something here. Were you implying that Jesus is not the way the truth and life? Are you saying that He did not did and rise from the grave, conquering death in the process, so that we could have life? Is that what you're saying?

View attachment 76409

Let's clarify something here. Were you implying that Jesus is not the way the truth and life? Are you saying that He did not did and rise from the grave, conquering death in the process, so that we could have life? Is that what you're saying?

Ah I get it. You're a satirist.

Well done. I won't tell anybody. :eusa_shhh:

View attachment 76409

Penelope and Pogo
When a rapist doesn't forgive the past, the sins and demons can be dumped on an innocent victim. Look at victims of war, from chemical weapons or terrorism, or toxic waste they didn't cause -- people pay all the time for the sins and wrongs of others.

The point of praying for redemption in Christ is to break this cycle collectively for all humanity, which no individual has the power to do on our own. It takes greater grace and power to heal the sickness that causes people to abuse, terrorize, violate and kill others because they are still carrying issues from the past and projecting these forward until they get help.

The point is the vicious cycle of sin and karma repeats and projects forward
IF WE DO NOT FORGIVE AND HEAL THE SICKNESS OF THE PAST.

Yes, our children and future generations pay, and carry the debts, if we do not correct and fix our problems.
Karma - cause and effect.
We can either live by retributive justice, like the mad rapist or terrorists who "makes others pay," or we can live by Restorative Justice which is what Christ Jesus represents and brings to establish on earth -- ie we no longer "pay things back" but we pay benefits FORWARD to help others break the patterns of destructive abusive behavior. Through forgiveness, we receive and establish higher peace and justice by forgiving first and then wrongs, restoring healthy relations so we can work together on solutions, so the wrongs of the past can be righted second as a consequence.

Last edited:

View attachment 76409

Penelope and Pogo
When a rapist doesn't forgive the past, the sins and demons can be dumped on an innocent victim. Look at victims of war, from chemical weapons or terrorism, or toxic waste they didn't cause -- people pay all the time for the sins and wrongs of others.

The point of praying for redemption in Christ is to break this cycle collectively for all humanity, which no individual has the power to do on our own. It takes greater grace and power to heal the sickness that causes people to abuse, terrorize, violate and kill others because they are still carrying issues from the past and projecting these forward until they get help.

Yes, our children and future generations pay, and carry the debts, if we do not correct and fix our problems.
We can either live by retributive justice, like the mad rapist or terrorists who "makes others pay," or we can live by Restorative Justice which is what Christ Jesus represents and brings to establish on earth -- ie we no longer "pay things back" but we pay benefits FORWARD to help others break the patterns of destructive abusive behavior. Through forgiveness, we receive and establish higher peace and justice by forgiving first and then wrongs, restoring healthy relations so we can work together on solutions, so the wrongs of the past can be righted second as a consequence.

Fell asleep at the second paragraph waiting for a point, but lemme sum it up for you very simply:

Version one:

Third, you must ask God, in Jesus name, to forgive you, to come into your heart and save you.

Version two:
MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY

See the difference?

Me neither.

These are the seeds of Intolerance.

View attachment 76409

Penelope and Pogo

We can either live by retributive justice, like the mad rapist or terrorists who makes others pay,
or we can live by Restorative Justice which is what Christ Jesus represents and brings to establish on earth.
Through forgiveness, we receive this higher peace and justice by forgiving first and then wrongs can be righted second as a consequence.

Because I axe questions you can't answer?

Hey, you brought it up... what, a factory recall already?
If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that I already answered your question.

Maybe you sent it to Guno. I'm not seeing it.
Correct me, if I'm mistaken, but your question was why do people hate it? I answered that in the OP. You might want to take another look at it, assuming you read it in the first place.

View attachment 76409

Penelope and Pogo

We can either live by retributive justice, like the mad rapist or terrorists who makes others pay,
or we can live by Restorative Justice which is what Christ Jesus represents and brings to establish on earth.
Through forgiveness, we receive this higher peace and justice by forgiving first and then wrongs can be righted second as a consequence.

Because I axe questions you can't answer?

Hey, you brought it up... what, a factory recall already?
If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that I already answered your question.

Maybe you sent it to Guno. I'm not seeing it.
Correct me, if I'm mistaken, but your question was why do people hate it? I answered that in the OP. You might want to take another look at it, assuming you read it in the first place.

I read it, and it made no sense. It's a strawman comprised of petulance and putting words in other people's mouths. Thought maybe you could support your point.

Guess not. You'd have to abandon the whole binary-thinking division thing. Can't have that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back