The Muslim Religion

You seem awful impatient
You made a claim Which I will high light in red.

The link and the point of the 3 verses was to illustrate that what you stated that I highlighted in red may not be the correct interpretation.

Now to your claim

Now this

3:110
You are the best nation which has ever been raised for the guidance of mankind. You enjoin good, forbid evil,

9:71
enjoin the doing of what is right and forbid the doing of what is wrong

9:112

What do those verses 3:110. 9:71,9:112 mean if to not enforce sharia law what .

3:104
Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.
Compared Translations of the meaning of the Quran - 3:104

OK, these quote lines are out of control! If you had a child, wouldn't you enjoin them to play nicely with other children, and forbid them to beat up the other kids and destroy their stuff? And again, THIS IS NOT PERTAINING TO SHARIA LAW. This is just about how to behave on a daily basis. Do, like, and support good. Don't do, dislike, and discourage bad stuff. Very simple. I should think your mind could handle it.

In the Arabic Al-Ma'ruf ( that which please allah) and Al-Munkar (evil)respectively .
Now you say that something that appears 3 times in the Quran as commandments Enjoin & forbid has nothing to do with sharia .
Command and Forbid
I would say that strains credulity .

In all those books that you have about Islam do you happen to have a classical manual of Islamic sacred law?

The likelihood of you having a copy of that book and having read it are nil since you made this original claim .

It is also wrong to force someone to follow the tenets, because piety has to be by ones choice. If you are forced to commit sin, you are not held accountable for it. By the same token, if you are forced to follow the tenets of your religion against your will, you will not receive the blessings for being pious

It just so happens that the text of section Q (COMMANDING THE RIGHT AND FORBIDDING THE WRONG)of Umdat as-Salik wa 'Uddat an-Nasik is quoted verbatim here.
Commanding the Right & Forbidding the Wrong
The Quran verses , hadith and scholars who disagree with your opinion, are in the text.

"Whoever of you sees something wrong, let him change it with his hand. If unable to, then let him change it with his tongue. If unable, then with his heart. And that is the weakest degree of faith."
The spectrum goes from verbal to threats to assault and use of arms.

Feel free to offer a differing POV.
Dont forget to included the scriptural justification for your opinion.

Im not saying you are wrong in your opinion.
Muslims ,the Quran, hadith ,and scholars say you are wrong .

Please show me they are wrong.

Last edited:
OK, these quote lines are out of control! If you had a child, wouldn't you enjoin them to play nicely with other children, and forbid them to beat up the other kids and destroy their stuff? And again, THIS IS NOT PERTAINING TO SHARIA LAW. This is just about how to behave on a daily basis. Do, like, and support good. Don't do, dislike, and discourage bad stuff. Very simple. I should think your mind could handle it.

In the Arabic Al-Ma'ruf ( that which please allah) and Al-Munkar (evil)respectively .
Now you say that something that appears 3 times in the Quran as commandments Enjoin & forbid has nothing to do with sharia .
Command and Forbid

In all those books that you have about Islam do you happen to have a classical manual of Islamic sacred law?

The likelihood of you having a copy of that book and having read it are nil since you made this original claim .

It is also wrong to force someone to follow the tenets, because piety has to be by ones choice. If you are forced to commit sin, you are not held accountable for it. By the same token, if you are forced to follow the tenets of your religion against your will, you will not receive the blessings for being pious

It just so happens that the text of section Q (COMMANDING THE RIGHT AND FORBIDDING THE WRONG)of Umdat as-Salik wa 'Uddat an-Nasik is quoted verbatim here.
The Quran verses , hadith and scholars who disagree with your opinion, are in the text.

"Whoever of you sees something wrong, let him change it with his hand. If unable to, then let him change it with his tongue. If unable, then with his heart. And that is the weakest degree of faith."

The copy&paste battle has begun.

For the most part Islam is a peaceful religion as is Christianity. Madmen exist in both religions - Hitler, Bin Laden, etc.

You are wrong to judge everyone by the few.
Hitler called for killing innocents in the name of Christianity?

Would the Jews qualify for that category of victim in your book?

Bin Laden isn't fighting for Islam, he's fighting to get Palestine back. Geez, after all this time, it's amazing how so many people have no clue about what's going on.

(Geez, I didn't know Obama lost Palestine??? Where could it be? Manhattan? No. Mumbai? No.) Error ;) should read: I didn't know Osama lost Palestine??? Where could it be? Manhattan? No. Mumbai? No.

I need to get my morning coffee before I continue any farther. I should have known the risk.

Hitler called for killing innocents in the name of Christianity?

Would the Jews qualify for that category of victim in your book?

Bin Laden isn't fighting for Islam, he's fighting to get Palestine back. Geez, after all this time, it's amazing how so many people have no clue about what's going on.

Geez, I didn't know Obama lost Palestine??? Where could it be? Manhattan? No. Mumbai? No.

Wow! did I confuse Osama and Obama again. Why does that happen.... I wonder. :lol: :lol: :lol:

One tries to destroy us outside the law, the other with the power of law? Like in Arizona? Could it be that Palestine is being hidden in Arizona? Is that where it is? Is it that Obama could somehow possibly related to Osama, we know that Obama is Related to Bush. We know that Bush is related to Kerry. Oh, the subliminal tricks of the mind. Woe is me. :lol:

You seem awful impatient
You made a claim Which I will high light in red.

The link and the point of the 3 verses was to illustrate that what you stated that I highlighted in red may not be the correct interpretation.

Now to your claim

Now this

3:110
You are the best nation which has ever been raised for the guidance of mankind. You enjoin good, forbid evil,

9:71

9:112

What do those verses 3:110. 9:71,9:112 mean if to not enforce sharia law what .

3:104
Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.
Compared Translations of the meaning of the Quran - 3:104

Command and Forbid

"enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong" How in the world can you have a problem with this??? God is telling people to do good and don't do bad. Our laws here in America are already based on the same Judeo-Christian way of thinking. Murder is bad, so we forbid it. Theft is bad, again we forbid it. Education is good. We enjoin it. What's the problem? And again, no, this is not Sharia. This is just everyday guidlelines for living constructively. People can't be running around engaging in evil and destroying good all day. If every Muslim lived according to your version of Islam. No people would be left on earth. We would have destroyed ourselves, and everything else. Common sense tells me that with all the Muslims in this country, many of whom were American before they were Muslim and are still loyal to the US, if what you say about Islam were true, there would be caos, and anarchy everywhere, every day. We are living in peace, and going about our daily lives.

And again, no, this is not Sharia. .

Command and Forbid

Command and Forbid

"The Quran verses , hadith and scholars who disagree with your opinion, are in the text."

This is from the link you gave above.

ONE MAY NOT CONDEMN ANOTHER FOR QUESTIONS INVOLVING DIFFERENCES AMONG SCHOOLS OF JURISPRUDENCE

"q3.2 (N: nor a Muslim condemn a non-Muslim for drinking wine (dis: o11.5(1). "

Which supports my statement that Sharia law does not concern non-Muslims, and I still didn't see anything in the article that said it had anything to do with Sharia law. The article did start out stating the discussion to be concerning the fiqh pertaining to commanding the good and forbidding the wrong. "which is to discuss the practical implications of an important aspect of Scared Law" I wonder why the writer chose to use the term "sacred law" as opposed to Sharia law, when he stuck to the proper Arabic terms for everything else. Perhaps to differentiate the subtle difference between a commandment sent from God for us to live by, and actual civil laws used to settle disputes. This article is concerning behavior, not civil disputes, such as inheritance. There is also anther term used when people talk about Iran; "Islamic law", but every Iranian I've ever met says Iran doesn't practice true Islamic ruling.

"q0.2 (Ibn Qudama Maqdisi:) One should know that commanding the right and forbidding the wrong is the most important fundamental of the religion, and is the mission that Allah sent the prophets to fulfill. If it were folded up and put away, religion itself would vanish, dissolution appear, and whole lands come to ruin."

This doesn't state that wha is in red is Sharia law, but a fundamental, again very simple. The ten commandments are basically the same thing; forbid what is wrong. Thou shalt not kill. Honor thy mother and thy father, etc. Are these to be refered to as Christian laws?

Command and Forbid

"The Quran verses , hadith and scholars who disagree with your opinion, are in the text."

This is from the link you gave above.

ONE MAY NOT CONDEMN ANOTHER FOR QUESTIONS INVOLVING DIFFERENCES AMONG SCHOOLS OF JURISPRUDENCE

"q3.2 (N: nor a Muslim condemn a non-Muslim for drinking wine (dis: o11.5(1). "

Which supports my statement that Sharia law does not concern non-Muslims, and I still didn't see anything in the article that said it had anything to do with Sharia law. The article did start out stating the discussion to be concerning the fiqh pertaining to commanding the good and forbidding the wrong. "which is to discuss the practical implications of an important aspect of Scared Law" I wonder why the writer chose to use the term "sacred law" as opposed to Sharia law, when he stuck to the proper Arabic terms for everything else. Perhaps to differentiate the subtle difference between a commandment sent from God for us to live by, and actual civil laws used to settle disputes. This article is concerning behavior, not civil disputes, such as inheritance. There is also anther term used when people talk about Iran; "Islamic law", but every Iranian I've ever met says Iran doesn't practice true Islamic ruling.

"q0.2 (Ibn Qudama Maqdisi:) One should know that commanding the right and forbidding the wrong is the most important fundamental of the religion, and is the mission that Allah sent the prophets to fulfill. If it were folded up and put away, religion itself would vanish, dissolution appear, and whole lands come to ruin."

This doesn't state that wha is in red is Sharia law, but a fundamental, again very simple. The ten commandments are basically the same thing; forbid what is wrong. Thou shalt not kill. Honor thy mother and thy father, etc. Are these to be refered to as Christian laws?

Would you please explain what you think sharia law is and where you think it comes from?

Somali schoolboy tells of how Islamists cut off his leg and hand | World news | The Guardian

koran 5:33 - "Those who make war with Allah and his messenger will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. That is how they will be treated in this world, and in the next they will have an awful doom."

"Ordered to witness the punishment of the "spies and bandits" or face lashes themselves, the entire neighbourhood had assembled. Also watching were some of the Shabaab's top leaders – Sheikh Mukhtar Robow, the Somali-Swede Fuad Shangole, and Abu Mansoor Al-Amriki, the American who recruits and finances foreign fighters.

A fortnight later, Shangole, the Shabaab commander, arrived at the house where they were detained. "He said they had made a mistake. Our legs were cut too low down, and needed to be shortened. He took the end of my leg, and put three fingers above the stump and said: 'That's where it should be.'"

This time, the surgical tool was a plumber's saw. As before, there were no painkillers."

I would like more insight into your interpretation of What Sharia is .
I have evidence that every aspects of the life of a pious muslim can be dictated in sharia law from how to sleep to how to drink water to who to kill.

In any case Im interested in how you have arrived at your understanding of sharia and what school of Islamic thought you followed that got you there and the documentation that leads you to believe what you believe.

No, Im asking how I got my interpretation of Islam so wrong.
She is the expert Im looking for her to explain why the scholars say she is wrong.

Last edited:
Basically, Mr. Fitnah thinks Muslims are mindless robots who follow Islamic guru's in blind obedience.

When is Terrorism okay? ...........
:confused:

Why dont you just use scripture instead of playing dumb?

Main Entry: awe
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: amazement
Synonyms: admiration, apprehension, astonishment, consternation, dread, esteem, fear, fright, horror, regard, respect, reverence, shock, stupefaction, terror, veneration, wonder, wonderment, worship

Interpretation of Dreams
Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 87 :: Hadith 127
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "I have been given the keys of eloquent speech and given victory with awe (cast into the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping last night, the keys of the treasures of the earth were brought to me till they were put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle left (this world) and now you people are carrying those treasures from place to place.

33:21. Indeed in the Messenger of Allâh (Muhammad ) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allâh and the Last Day and remembers Allâh much.

When is Terrorism okay? ...........
:confused:

Synonyms: admiration, apprehension, astonishment, consternation, dread, esteem, fear, fright, horror, regard, respect, reverence, shock, stupefaction, terror, veneration, wonder, wonderment, worship

Interpretation of Dreams
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "I have been given the keys of eloquent speech and given victory with awe (cast into the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping last night, the keys of the treasures of the earth were brought to me till they were put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle left (this world) and now you people are carrying those treasures from place to place.

33:21. Indeed in the Messenger of Allâh (Muhammad ) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allâh and the Last Day and remembers Allâh much.
So what does those verses have to do with terrorism??

The word "awe" doesn't mean terrorism.

Just the other night I looked at a large full moon with "awe" and wonder. :eusa_angel:

Interpretation of Dreams
Narrated Abu Huraira:

So what does those verses have to do with terrorism??

The word "awe" doesn't mean terrorism.

Just the other night I looked at a large full moon with "awe" and wonder. :eusa_angel:
You can ignore the meaning of the word.
you are not the target audience.
It is clear that he was pleased with scaring people

Rubbing hands and feet with dust (Tayammum)
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 7 :: Hadith 331
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.

1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.

2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.

3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.

4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).

5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.

Forum List

Back