The New Idol of the Tea Party - (He's Black)

tooAlive

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2012
So much for the Tea Party being racists.

164451_479972698724887_206762995_n.jpg

Dr. Ben Carson and the Heresy of Preaching Self-Reliance | TheBlaze.com

Political pundits on both the left and right were blown away last week. From such an unexpected place, the annual National Prayer Breakfast, a speech touting pure, uncomplicated logic came from Dr. Ben Carson and served as a refreshing bit of inspiration at a time when Americans have been losing hope.

And while his message of self-reliance and accountability was endearing, President Obama’s noticeable contempt look for such heresy was almost as satisfying.

Dr. Carson had dared to offer an alternative to Obama’s vision of government’s role. Within less than a half hour, Dr. Carson shredded to pieces the liberal vision of America. He took aim at political correctness, the educational system, the tax code ,and then set his sights on what he knows best: the healthcare field. While America has heard over and over again these last four years that government is the answer, the self-made surgeon was living, breathing proof that dedication and self-reliance is the surest way to prosperity.

Dr. Carson came from nothing. He lived in poverty, had a short temper and, not surprisingly, did badly in school. His mother, however, refused to allow their dire circumstances to be used as an excuse for failure in life. She instilled responsibility and a reverence for education in her son. He became a world-famous neurosurgeon and the living embodiment of the American success story at a time when such rags-to-riches stories have become entirely too rare.

This was shared today by the Tea Party's Facebook page. From reading the comments, many Tea Partiers are urging him to run for president.

http://www.facebook.com/TheTeaParty.net

Here's the full speech (phenomenal).

God bless this man.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we can vote in a community organizer with no skills to be leader, maybe we vote in a doctor that probably knows how to lead. I am interested in this guy

I am interested in hearing more from him.

A lot more.

There is a lot that I need to know before I jump on his bandwagon.

Yes, he is definately politicallly attractive at the moment. But he's been a one-note wonder so far.

Yes, that note is pleasing enough to listen to, but does the good Doctor have enough other "good notes" to build that symphony on?

Or will it turn out to be sour notes later??

If we can vote in a community organizer with no skills to be leader, maybe we vote in a doctor that probably knows how to lead. I am interested in this guy

As am I.

Here's his speech:

[ame=http://youtu.be/vyyHegP255g]Dr. Benjamin Carson Epic Full Speech at National Prayer Breakfast Attacks Obama's Policies! - YouTube[/ame]

What if he's not a Republican?

It doesn't matter to me what he classifies himself as. It's his ideals that I sympathize with.
What if it turns out he's been a card-carrying Democrat all this time....Then what?

Are you saying no dem could possibly have principles that differ from your dear leader? I vote for the individual, not party, which I'm sure is a foreign concept to you.

I got it pulled up on my phone, and he is sounding great to me!
I have just read snips from him, but they do not even compare!
Everyone is clapping except obama and joe LOL even mooochelle is clapping, untill the healthcare came up LOL

What if he's not a Republican?

It doesn't matter to me what he classifies himself as. It's his ideals that I sympathize with.
What if it turns out he's been a card-carrying Democrat all this time....Then what?

Then I'd be glad the Democratic party has someone with ideals I can identify with.

Would I vote for him? In a heartbeat! As long as he stays true to the ideals he's been professing so far.

I got it pulled up on my phone, and he is sounding great to me!
I have just read snips from him, but they do not even compare!
Everyone is clapping except obama and joe LOL even mooochelle is clapping, untill the healthcare came up LOL

I just got done watching the entire speech and it was phenomenal!

Please, someone give this man the keys to the White House.

I think that there is a racist element in certain geographic areas within tea party roots that will turn away without considering his assets. JMHO

What does his race have to do with anything?

Carson advocates the same failed, naïve dogma as the TPM and others on the right, that they perceive him as some sort of ‘idol’ is not surprising, and actually rather sad.

I think that there is a racist element in certain geographic areas within tea party roots that will turn away without considering his assets. JMHO

There's racism on both sides of the playing field.

But the fact that Tea Partiers are openly embracing this man says a lot.

What does his race have to do with anything?

Carson advocates the same failed, naïve dogma as the TPM and others on the right, that they perceive him as some sort of ‘idol’ is not surprising, and actually rather sad.

I mentioned his race to get more people to open the thread. Consider it a pun to liberals as they're always pulling out the racism card.

And yes, the same failed dogma that is responsible for the greatest country in the world. But you're free to believe in the historically failed marxist dogma if you so wish to.

I'm not a Tea-Partier....but i do like this guy!! And it's not just the TP's that like him, MANY conservatives do and would love to see him leading our country! He GET'S IT!!

He spoke wellof universal healthcare. You think the baggers will go for that?

His plan for universal healthcare is very different than what Obama and the Democrats are pushing for with the ACA.

He spoke wellof universal healthcare. You think the baggers will go for that?

He did? I must have missed that. He was on Sean Hannity a week/10days ago. His message is all about accountability and personal responsibility. Pretty sure he's no Dem...

Independents really seem to be responding to him though. Of course he is logical and reasonable and not controlled by either party --- he is just a good old conservative American who believes in not making excuses for failure and working hard --- oh, and he is a Christian.

Like I said - not Dem material at all!

Forum List

Back