The News That You Don't Hear: COVID-19 lockdowns are killing thousands of Americans

The shutdown nazis have been accusing those opposed of want people to die. However, just as many have said, the shutdown is also killing people.

The hysteria drummed up by the mainstream media over COVID-19, in conjunction with the draconian lockdown measures being employed by many governors, is costing thousands of American lives. In light of horrific job losses and a crashing economy, calls to suicide hotlines are up over 40 percent nationwide. Although an increase in suicide calls does not necessarily translate to an increase in deaths, the fact that 132 Americans die by suicide daily is concerning. A 40-percent uptick would mean an increase of 53 deaths per day, if the calls indeed correlate to suicides. This translates to 1,590 deaths per month.
Heart attacks are a major problem as well. Harlan M. Krumholz, a doctor at Yale New Haven Hospital, recently published an article in the New York Times titled "Where Have All the Heart Attacks Gone?," which wondered why hospitals are eerily quiet, save for COVID-19 cases.
Krumholz writes:
What is striking is that many of the emergencies have disappeared. Heart attack and stroke teams, always poised to rush in and save lives, are mostly idle. This is not just at my hospital. My fellow cardiologists have shared with me that their cardiology consultations have shrunk, except those related to COVID-19. In an informal Twitter poll by @angioplastyorg, an online community of cardiologists, almost half of the respondents reported that they are seeing a 40 percent to 60 percent reduction in admissions for heart attacks; about 20 percent reported more than a 60 percent reduction.
Where are all these patients going? Some are dying at home, as is the case in New York City, where paramedics are being directed to leave cardiac arrest sufferers at home if they can't get a pulse at the scene. Those who want to go to the hospital may be afraid to do so
You must be pissed at trump for his lock down guidelines.
Yeah, I kind of am, but he didn't really have a choice. He was backed into it by the fake news drumbeat. He couldn't take a chance the numbers would be the slightest bit higher than a typical flu season. Otherwise the fake news would have hammered him over it until November.
So he couldn’t show real leadership? Sad.

And yet Trump is out there saying he "strongly disagrees" with Georgia opening back up.

Boy, I'll bet the Trumpsters have changed their minds about voting for him. He clearly hates America and wants to destroy our economy.

Not true. Why can't you libtards bear to tell the truth even ONCE?

He disagreed with reopening tattoo parlors, etc.

I guess you libtards just could not stand being quarantined and not being able to get a "ying/yang" or "I am with stupid" tattoo.
Trump is on tv daily supporting the lock down. Governors are following his guidelines.
First they're screaming that we should open up, next they're saying Trump is right.

Who knows.

And yet Trump is out there saying he "strongly disagrees" with Georgia opening back up.

Boy, I'll bet the Trumpsters have changed their minds about voting for him. He clearly hates America and wants to destroy our economy.

He disagreed with reopening tattoo parlors, etc.

I guess you libtards just could not stand being quarantined and not being able to get a "ying/yang" or "I am with stupid" tattoo.
Trump is on tv daily supporting the lock down. Governors are following his guidelines.
First they're screaming that we should open up, next they're saying Trump is right.

Who knows.
They are in quite the pickle. They hate his policy but are too partisan to really speak against it so the flail around stupidly.

People do to you what you LET them do to you. Businesses should get together in each town/city and plan a date to REOPEN. Then DO IT.

It amazes me how so many people have allowed their rights to be trashed. REOPEN. There are customers waiting!!!

uninformed dipshits like you parrot the misquote you've been told to believe he said.
I guess Rush forgot to cover this.

Yes, reposting it is somehow going to make your illiterate misinterpretation of his words magically true.

If only Trump spoke English we would not always have to have people interpret what he says.

The shutdown nazis have been accusing those opposed of want people to die. However, just as many have said, the shutdown is also killing people.

The hysteria drummed up by the mainstream media over COVID-19, in conjunction with the draconian lockdown measures being employed by many governors, is costing thousands of American lives. In light of horrific job losses and a crashing economy, calls to suicide hotlines are up over 40 percent nationwide. Although an increase in suicide calls does not necessarily translate to an increase in deaths, the fact that 132 Americans die by suicide daily is concerning. A 40-percent uptick would mean an increase of 53 deaths per day, if the calls indeed correlate to suicides. This translates to 1,590 deaths per month.
Heart attacks are a major problem as well. Harlan M. Krumholz, a doctor at Yale New Haven Hospital, recently published an article in the New York Times titled "Where Have All the Heart Attacks Gone?," which wondered why hospitals are eerily quiet, save for COVID-19 cases.
Krumholz writes:
What is striking is that many of the emergencies have disappeared. Heart attack and stroke teams, always poised to rush in and save lives, are mostly idle. This is not just at my hospital. My fellow cardiologists have shared with me that their cardiology consultations have shrunk, except those related to COVID-19. In an informal Twitter poll by @angioplastyorg, an online community of cardiologists, almost half of the respondents reported that they are seeing a 40 percent to 60 percent reduction in admissions for heart attacks; about 20 percent reported more than a 60 percent reduction.
Where are all these patients going? Some are dying at home, as is the case in New York City, where paramedics are being directed to leave cardiac arrest sufferers at home if they can't get a pulse at the scene. Those who want to go to the hospital may be afraid to do so
Yeah, I kind of am, but he didn't really have a choice. He was backed into it by the fake news drumbeat. He couldn't take a chance the numbers would be the slightest bit higher than a typical flu season. Otherwise the fake news would have hammered him over it until November.

Poor Trump. The smartest man ever who gets himself backed into corners every fucking day.

Krumholz writes:
Why do left-wingers always demand that Republicans "show real leadership" and not Democrats?

Krumholz writes:

Poor Trump. The smartest man ever who gets himself backed into corners every fucking day.
Why do douchebags like you always pretend the fake media isn't intent on backing him into a corner?

Krumholz writes:
Why do left-wingers always demand that Republicans "show real leadership" and not Democrats?
I wouldn't know, I'm an independent. I don't think we get very good leadership, but it sure doesn't help when the partisans are cool with it.

Krumholz writes:

Why do douchebags like you always pretend the fake media isn't intent on backing him into a corner?
Cause his supporters listen to the media? Trump formed his team and he's on TV every day. Stop blaming dems, this is all him. I neither love or hate his policy on the virus, but it certainly is HIS policy.

Krumholz writes:
Do you ever get tired of making excuses for trump? I'm pretty sure you don't like huge deficits, but now you need to make excuses for him. I'm pretty sure you were with him when he made fun of a president with less than 3% economic growth, but now that's him. Mexico isn't paying for the wall. Tariffs slowed manufacturing. It's clear you don't like his policy in this disaster. At some point people might just need to admit his policy has not worked....

Krumholz writes:

The media is supposed to hold him accountable. That is all that they are doing.

Krumholz writes:

Cause his supporters listen to the media? Trump formed his team and he's on TV every day. Stop blaming dems, this is all him. I neither love or hate his policy on the virus, but it certainly is HIS policy.

His policy was to avoid responsibility. That is his only crisis policy.

Krumholz writes:

Wrong. Everytime he has a press conference he is confronted by a pack of vicious snarling animals. The fake news media is trying to make everything he does into some kind of disaster. Playing stupid doesn't make you look smart.

Krumholz writes:

You can't possibly be that stupid.

Krumholz writes:

Is Trump responsible for any of the negative news coverage that he has received?

Krumholz writes:

Is Trump responsible for any of the negative news coverage that he has received?
No.

Krumholz writes:

No.

You are awesome.

Forum List

Back