The Next Four Years

His own website says he thinks it should be overturned. If you can't believe the Governor...why are you voting for him?
What a moronic thing to say.

If one doesn't believe what another believes, don't vote for them? Especially on something that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening?

Gawd, watching your hysterics and stupidity is like watching a train wreck - a several day long train wreck. Like TM.

And, NOBODY believes you are anything BUT a hack. And, a lame one, at that. This is USMB...step up.

No, you're the one who just said something really, really, really, really, really, really , really moronic.

Why should someone's beliefs, that will 100% guide their policy decisions, not be considered when deciding who to vote for? That's kinda the point, don't you think?
Sort of. But, as I said, I can believe in a lot of things that have little chance of happening - like TM (or the OP) actually has two brain cells - but I don't base much of anything on fantasies.

I can believe I will get the Power Ball win next week, but anyone who wants to give me an advance on that is as moronic as the OP, or as anyone who is hysterical over the boogeyman wedge issues.

Last edited:

If one doesn't believe what another believes, don't vote for them? Especially on something that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening?

Gawd, watching your hysterics and stupidity is like watching a train wreck - a several day long train wreck. Like TM.

And, NOBODY believes you are anything BUT a hack. And, a lame one, at that. This is USMB...step up.

No, you're the one who just said something really, really, really, really, really, really , really moronic.

Why should someone's beliefs, that will 100% guide their policy decisions, not be considered when deciding who to vote for? That's kinda the point, don't you think?

I could almost, almost, if I squint really-really hard, see her point IF anybody could tell me what Romney stands for, and what he intends to accomplish (other than erasing Obama).

They can't. They've never even tried. It's likely they know that if they point to anything, he'll Etch-a-Sketch to another stance.

He's a flim-flam man.
He's not promising rainbows and unicorns, so folks who love Obama shouldn't vote for him.

Depends on the state. All the Red States would ban it in a heartbeat. I'm sure every Conservative's state senators have a bill already written for the day when Roe is overturned that they can quickly get passed through the house and senate and onto their Governor's desk.

Texas has about 25,000,000. About 12,000,000 women would lose the right to make their own reproductive choices in very short order. It would be easy to say, "you don't like it, leave!!!" And I'm sure it would be said by many on this board.

But lets say that you're a woman who is offered a promotion to head up your company's new office in Austin. Do you take the promotion? If you value your rights; you likely do not.

Again, if you are comfortable with the Governor (Romney) and his wish to see Roe overturned, feel free to vote for him. You have my blessing--not that you're waiting for it I hope.

But if you value your choice; you should vote for the President this November. That was the gist of this thread.

100% agreed.

Thanks.

The Supreme Court is just one of the many reasons to re-elect President Obama. The court does not need more far right ideologs that spout Hannity's and Limpbaugh's talking points from the bench. 70% of the country opposed the Citizens United ruling. A President Romney would double down on that crap.
A President Romney isn't running for SCOTUS! :lmao:

None of that is what Liberalism is.
You are referring to Classical liberalism, which is what most liberals today in the US are not.

Classical liberals are today's conservatives. They believe in the principles of our founding fathers that government is not to be trusted and be made captive to the free populace, not the other way around.

Liberalism, quite simply, is the pursuit of Liberty, and Freedom.
Obamatax takes my property and criminalizes me for NOT taking any action. How is this freedom.

Welfare, food stamps and government hand outs discriminate against citizens. How is this equality?

Races demanding reparations, special consideration in quotas and mandated numerical inclusion is equality how?

Getting people addicted to government handouts then controlling them by threatening to take them away if they do not vote for a certain action is not slavery in what form?

Turning child against parent by telling them discipline in almost all forms is wrong, forcing the child to run amok is anarchy, not freedom. Not liberty. It is chaos.

Tell me, how EXACTLY does Liberal/Progressivism have racism, sexism and creedism built into it.
Like above, but when you claim one race by color has hatred in their hearts for another, that's racist identity politics. When you say that men wish to control the wombs of women in an effort to make them subservient is sexism. When you say a mosque on the site of a great tragedy caused by the adherents of a religion while denying a religious holiday display in public, that's creedism.

How exactly does it reject and deny individual freedom.
Liberals say I must buy health insurance or be fined or jailed thanks to Obamatax.

Liberals say I must either send my child to public school or pay for both the privilege of private school AND public school, but fight against the options of privatizing education and homeschooling.

Liberals say I must choose a hybrid or electric car or travel by mass transit, and not use my own choice of private vehicle.

Liberals say I must purchase power generated from politically acceptable sources regardless of cost or feasability, while denying my right to purchase the cheapest form of energy possible.

Liberals say that I cannot drink soft drinks of certain sizes.

Liberals say I cannot feed my child properly so I must pay for them to feed my children what THEY say is right.

Liberals say I must keep my religion out of public sight lest I offend someone.

Liberals say I cannot think certain things about people, or say politically inconvenient things that they disagree with.

I'd really be kind of interested to see exactly where you're pulling this UTTER BULLSHIT RHETORIC from.
Why you, my dear fool! You have exemplified every last one of these things in your innane babblings here on USMB since you arrived. The news tells me every day (and yes I watch the network news and not FNC) all these virtues and taboos of modern liberalism. You cannot run away from the very nature of your Orwellian double think philosophy where War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength and Slavery is Freedom.

The biggest threat in your life is one who is aware of your real goals and desires for them for they cannot be controlled but must be eliminated.

So, in an effort to make you fee more comfortable facing the truth of your philosophy, Seig heil Derpiepoo.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
His own website says he thinks it should be overturned. If you can't believe the Governor...why are you voting for him?

If you say it more than twice in a row, you're playing with it.

What happens when the Dems lose POTUS and the Senate in November, can Ginsburg and Breyer suddenly decide to retire and have Obama pic their replacement

What happens when the Dems lose POTUS and the Senate in November, can Ginsburg and Breyer suddenly decide to retire and have Obama pic their replacement

when?

well, since there is way more dems than conz, he cant lose

unless you steal another election

Doubt they could get the proceedings done in time with the amount of fighting the GOP would do on approval so Romney could appoint them.

If the Supreme Court overturned Roe what do you think would happen? Do you believe that women would no longer have the right to abortion?

Depends on the state. All the Red States would ban it in a heartbeat. I'm sure every Conservative's state senators have a bill already written for the day when Roe is overturned that they can quickly get passed through the house and senate and onto their Governor's desk.

Texas has about 25,000,000. About 12,000,000 women would lose the right to make their own reproductive choices in very short order. It would be easy to say, "you don't like it, leave!!!" And I'm sure it would be said by many on this board.

But lets say that you're a woman who is offered a promotion to head up your company's new office in Austin. Do you take the promotion? If you value your rights; you likely do not.

Again, if you are comfortable with the Governor (Romney) and his wish to see Roe overturned, feel free to vote for him. You have my blessing--not that you're waiting for it I hope.

But if you value your choice; you should vote for the President this November. That was the gist of this thread.

And once again, I feel the need to point out that you seem to think the only choices are Romney and Obama. That's a big part of the problem right there, IMO.

And once again, I feel the need to point out that you seem to think the only choices are Romney and Obama. That's a big part of the problem right there, IMO.

As a practical matter in 2012 they are. Both parties keep this binary situation moving forward because it benefits them the most.

You're right, a big part of the problem is that we do only have two practical choices in 2012.

Sure they could.

See, this is the thing...they COULD do that. Now, past history has said that they wouldn't dare dream of doing such a thing in their wildest of fantasies....but they COULD. With a friendly senate majority, they could have hearings over the Thanksgiving holidays and we could have 2 new justices for Christmas.

It probably won't happen.

Just like what the conservatives are saying about Governor Romney...he "probably" won't touch Roe.

You are referring to Classical liberalism, which is what most liberals today in the US are not.

No Dummy. I'm not referring to the Right's newest History Revision Buzzword. I'm talking about the actual definition of Liberalism.

Liberalism | Define Liberalism at Dictionary.com

lib·er·al·ism   [lib-er-uh-liz-uhm, lib-ruh-] Show IPA
noun
1.the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
2.a political or social philosophy advocating the freedom of the individual, parliamentary systems of government, nonviolent modification of political, social, or economic institutions to assure unrestricted development in all spheres of human endeavor, and governmental guarantees of individual rights and civil liberties.
3.( sometimes initial capital letter ) the principles and practices of a liberal party in politics.
4.a movement in modern Protestantism that emphasizes freedom from tradition and authority, the adjustment of religious beliefs to scientific conceptions, and the development of spiritual capacities.

Argue with the dictionary if you want, but you just got your first lesson. Let's move on to lesson two, shall we?

Classical liberals are today's conservatives. They believe in the principles of our founding fathers that government is not to be trusted and be made captive to the free populace, not the other way around.

Ha ha ha ha. Horseshit. Conservatives today are the Conservatives of yesterday and beyond. They believe in maintaining the status quo, in "Conserving" the "traditions" of the past. In other words, to stand in the way of progress.

Lesson #2-Handled.

Obamatax takes my property and criminalizes me for NOT taking any action. How is this freedom.

What property are you talking about? Your money? Congress has the ability to tax people as penalties, as Conservative Justice Roberts said so in his landmark opinion. Your freedom comes in the form of choosing whether you'll free load off of the other tax payers or pay your own way. Free loading comes with a penalty. There are also going to be many tax credits to keep you from paying the penalty.

Lesson #3? Complete.

Welfare, food stamps and government hand outs discriminate against citizens. How is this equality?

Who exactly do they discriminate against? Working people? Really? That's your argument. That giving assistance to those in need discriminates against those who do have income and don't need assistance? Boy, you're really fucking stupid, aren't you?

Lesson #4-In the books.

Races demanding reparations, special consideration in quotas and mandated numerical inclusion is equality how?

You're obviously white. Your family tree can be traced back generations, probably centuries if you have the means. Black people in this country? They cannot. They've been robbed of a history, you ignorant fuck. Of course they're allowed to still be angry. They very likely have grandparents or great-great grandparents that remember Jim Crow and share cropping. Fuck your righteous white indignation, buddy. The fact is that being white in this country IS still an advantage. To deny it is to live inside one's own asshole.

Native Americans? Again, it wasn't that long ago we were wiping them the fuck out systematically. We committed genocide, cocksucker. And we should be reminded every chance they get that we did it. Just like we should remind Germans that it wasn't that long ago that they were a party to massive genocide. Reminding doesn't mean you have to punish, but you can't rob a wronged people of their indignation.

Well, you can, but you're an insensitive prick.

Lesson #5: Complete.

Getting people addicted to government handouts then controlling them by threatening to take them away if they do not vote for a certain action is not slavery in what form?

Empty rhetoric.

Lesson #6: Boo-yah.

Turning child against parent by telling them discipline in almost all forms is wrong, forcing the child to run amok is anarchy, not freedom. Not liberty. It is chaos.

Yes. Let's go back to the days when kids used to get the living fuck beat out of each other. Are you also going to advocate for lynch mobs since they save tax payer money and discourage anarchy among black people?

Lesson #7: All upside your head.

Like above, but when you claim one race by color has hatred in their hearts for another, that's racist identity politics.

Dummy. No one believes ALL whites hate blacks or vice-versa. If you don't want to be called a racist, don't say racist shit. It's that simple

Lesson #8 and feelin' great.

When you say that men wish to control the wombs of women in an effort to make them subservient is sexism.

Uhh. Well, if you don't want to be called a sexist, stop trying to tell women what to do with their bodies. You know, simple shit like that goes a long way, Dumbass.

Lesson #9 and feelin' fine.

When you say a mosque on the site of a great tragedy caused by the adherents of a religion while denying a religious holiday display in public, that's creedism.

Oh Jesus Christ. First, it wasn't a mosque. Secondly, it wasn't all adherents of that religion. If we went that far we'd ban all Christianity thanks to the KKK and the OK City Bombers. There's no war on Christmas. Go to any mall and you hear Christmas songs. People do nativity scenes and shit. You're seriously like 75 years old, huh?

Lesson 10 we'll do it again.

Liberals say I must buy health insurance or be fined or jailed thanks to Obamatax.

Show me where in the ACA bill it dictates arrest and jail time.

Lesson 11 and it's like we're in Heaven.

Liberals say I must either send my child to public school or pay for both the privilege of private school AND public school, but fight against the options of privatizing education and homeschooling.

Liberals say education should be as cheap and available as it can be, because that's when it's done right. Privatizing everything is what Conservatives answer for everything. But I really don't want my children's educational experience and quality to be dictated by corporate cutbacks and layoffs and profit margins. Fucktard.

Lesson 12-Man you suck at life.

Liberals say I must choose a hybrid or electric car or travel by mass transit, and not use my own choice of private vehicle.

No we don't, idiot. We say that we should find new fuel sources so we don't depend on fossil fuels that have a negative impact on the environment. Dummy.

Lesson 13-Goddamn you are a fucking fool.

Liberals say I must purchase power generated from politically acceptable sources regardless of cost or feasability, while denying my right to purchase the cheapest form of energy possible.

No we don't. See above, dipshit. Conservatives want to have the "right" to Rape the Earth because anything else is too inconvenient or doesn't have enough profit in it.

Lesson 14: And boom goes the dynamite.

Liberals say that I cannot drink soft drinks of certain sizes.

No. Liberals say that beverages that have much soda in them are very harmful if imbibed in mass quantities over time. We say that because we actually like scientists and listen to them.

Lesson 15: Which is also your IQ.

Liberals say I cannot feed my child properly so I must pay for them to feed my children what THEY say is right.

Again, just empty rhetoric. Liberals say you as a parent should be educated as to what you're putting in your kids bodies and that the government shouldn't subsidize companies and products that are mostly empty calories and fat.

Lesson 16-Stupid dumb fuck getting taken to school.

Liberals say I must keep my religion out of public sight lest I offend someone.

No. Your highly-vaunted Founding Fathers said that.

Lesson 17-That one probably stung. A lot.

Liberals say I cannot think certain things about people, or say politically inconvenient things that they disagree with.

No. Liberals think you should be considerate of other people's feelings, but if you choose not to, you're going to be called a prick, asshole or Conservative.

Lessn 18, this has been exhausting, but worth it.

Why you, my dear fool! You have exemplified every last one of these things in your innane babblings here on USMB since you arrived. The news tells me every day (and yes I watch the network news and not FNC) all these virtues and taboos of modern liberalism. You cannot run away from the very nature of your Orwellian double think philosophy where War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength and Slavery is Freedom.

Words with no meaning is fun: Parblizgowoo! Schmingy! Fharaxcaxc!

Lesson 19: SCHMNINGY!

he biggest threat in your life is one who is aware of your real goals and desires for them for they cannot be controlled but must be eliminated.

You know nothing of our movement's real goals, as evidenced by this tripe I've just surgically dissected.

Lesson 20-You're an idiot.

So, in an effort to make you fee more comfortable facing the truth of your philosophy, Seig heil Derpiepoo.

And...scene.

Thanks for that. It was fun proving what a fucking sycophant and ignorant buffoon you are point-by-point.

I could almost, almost, if I squint really-really hard, see her point IF anybody could tell me what Romney stands for, and what he intends to accomplish (other than erasing Obama).

They can't. They've never even tried. It's likely they know that if they point to anything, he'll Etch-a-Sketch to another stance.

He's a flim-flam man.

This is true.
We don't know which Mitt will show up from day to day. I don't want to find out myself.

No Dummy. I'm not referring to the Right's newest History Revision Buzzword. I'm talking about the actual definition of Liberalism.

lib·er·al·ism   [lib-er-uh-liz-uhm, lib-ruh-] Show IPA
noun
1.the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
2.a political or social philosophy advocating the freedom of the individual, parliamentary systems of government, nonviolent modification of political, social, or economic institutions to assure unrestricted development in all spheres of human endeavor, and governmental guarantees of individual rights and civil liberties.
3.( sometimes initial capital letter ) the principles and practices of a liberal party in politics.
4.a movement in modern Protestantism that emphasizes freedom from tradition and authority, the adjustment of religious beliefs to scientific conceptions, and the development of spiritual capacities.

Argue with the dictionary if you want, but you just got your first lesson. Let's move on to lesson two, shall we?

Ha ha ha ha. Horseshit. Conservatives today are the Conservatives of yesterday and beyond. They believe in maintaining the status quo, in "Conserving" the "traditions" of the past. In other words, to stand in the way of progress.

Lesson #2-Handled.

What property are you talking about? Your money? Congress has the ability to tax people as penalties, as Conservative Justice Roberts said so in his landmark opinion. Your freedom comes in the form of choosing whether you'll free load off of the other tax payers or pay your own way. Free loading comes with a penalty. There are also going to be many tax credits to keep you from paying the penalty.

Lesson #3? Complete.

Who exactly do they discriminate against? Working people? Really? That's your argument. That giving assistance to those in need discriminates against those who do have income and don't need assistance? Boy, you're really fucking stupid, aren't you?

Lesson #4-In the books.

You're obviously white. Your family tree can be traced back generations, probably centuries if you have the means. Black people in this country? They cannot. They've been robbed of a history, you ignorant fuck. Of course they're allowed to still be angry. They very likely have grandparents or great-great grandparents that remember Jim Crow and share cropping. Fuck your righteous white indignation, buddy. The fact is that being white in this country IS still an advantage. To deny it is to live inside one's own asshole.

Native Americans? Again, it wasn't that long ago we were wiping them the fuck out systematically. We committed genocide, cocksucker. And we should be reminded every chance they get that we did it. Just like we should remind Germans that it wasn't that long ago that they were a party to massive genocide. Reminding doesn't mean you have to punish, but you can't rob a wronged people of their indignation.

Empty rhetoric.

Yes. Let's go back to the days when kids used to get the living fuck beat out of each other. Are you also going to advocate for lynch mobs since they save tax payer money and discourage anarchy among black people?

Dummy. No one believes ALL whites hate blacks or vice-versa. If you don't want to be called a racist, don't say racist shit. It's that simple

Uhh. Well, if you don't want to be called a sexist, stop trying to tell women what to do with their bodies. You know, simple shit like that goes a long way, Dumbass.

Oh Jesus Christ. First, it wasn't a mosque. Secondly, it wasn't all adherents of that religion. If we went that far we'd ban all Christianity thanks to the KKK and the OK City Bombers. There's no war on Christmas. Go to any mall and you hear Christmas songs. People do nativity scenes and shit. You're seriously like 75 years old, huh?

Liberals say education should be as cheap and available as it can be, because that's when it's done right. Privatizing everything is what Conservatives answer for everything. But I really don't want my children's educational experience and quality to be dictated by corporate cutbacks and layoffs and profit margins. Fucktard.

No we don't, idiot. We say that we should find new fuel sources so we don't depend on fossil fuels that have a negative impact on the environment. Dummy.

No we don't. See above, dipshit. Conservatives want to have the "right" to Rape the Earth because anything else is too inconvenient or doesn't have enough profit in it.

No. Liberals say that beverages that have much soda in them are very harmful if imbibed in mass quantities over time. We say that because we actually like scientists and listen to them.

Again, just empty rhetoric. Liberals say you as a parent should be educated as to what you're putting in your kids bodies and that the government shouldn't subsidize companies and products that are mostly empty calories and fat.

No. Liberals think you should be considerate of other people's feelings, but if you choose not to, you're going to be called a prick, asshole or Conservative.

he biggest threat in your life is one who is aware of your real goals and desires for them for they cannot be controlled but must be eliminated.

You know nothing of our movement's real goals, as evidenced by this tripe I've just surgically dissected.

And...scene.

Thanks for that. It was fun proving what a fucking sycophant and ignorant buffoon you are point-by-point.

its like a kid ringing ur doorbell and running away all happy with himself. Which for the kid is just being fun and silly, this is just horrible to watch.

Lesson #2-Handled.

Lesson #3? Complete.

Lesson #4-In the books.

Empty rhetoric.

And...scene.

its like a kid ringing ur doorbell and running away all happy with himself. Which for the kid is just being fun and silly, this is just horrible to watch.

I agree. I fucked his shit up. Thanks for agreeing with me.

I have no idea what that means. But no, I'm not interested in changing any Conservative's mind. The only way people can switch teams, or change their position is when they themselves want to; as I did.
:lmao: I have little doubt you don't know a thing about Dale Carnegie.

:thup:

Just googled him. So tell me why a self-help book author is relevant to this discussion?

OMG! Your are a true comedian!

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

You do understand, don't you, that under Obama, your last bowel movement is no longer private if you share information about it with your doctor in 2014, right? No subpoena, no warrent... your medical records are in the hands of bureaucrats.

Christ, where do you people get this shit? Learn to evaluate the veracity of the bullshit you're being fed before you regurgitate it.

Go look it up. The Reid/Pelosi Congress passed legislation requiring that medical records for all citizens be electronic by 2014 and gave themselves access ostensibly for "Comparative Effectiveness Research" and Barack Obama SIGNED it into law. That all went down in the Porkulus bill right after he took office. So, no. Your medical records are no longer private from the government. HHS will decide who gets access to it. But it's all "for the greater good", right? No way they'd use information like that to determine what methods of treatment are most efficacious and then RATION care accordingly through, say Medicare and the insurance exchanges, right? :eusa_eh:

Some of you folks need to grow up. Seriously. There's NO other purpose for the federal government's SEIZURE of our private medical records, without subpoena, without warrant, other than to manage our care. Whether one argues that the medical record is the property of the doctor who makes it or the patient who it's made about, one thing is damn well sure is NOT... is the property of the federal government. It's amazing to me that the government seizure of PRIVATE PROPERTY is of no concern to you folks. You don't care what bureaucrat is given access to information regarding the very function of your bodies. That's CRAZY. How the hell does that get past the 4th?

You came in on post #236 with the wild claim that "Mitt doesn't believe Americans have a right to privacy. Obama does." But it's not Mitt Romney who has appropriated your MOST PRIVATE information. It's Barack Obama who has done that. How long do you think it will be before Congress finds new and interesting ways to use it?

Forum List

Back