The NFL Is Losing Its Core Audience, a WSJ/NBC News Poll Finds

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
“Just 51% of men aged 18 to 49 say they follow the NFL closely, down from 75% four years ago.”

At a time like this, the NFL should be doing everything it can think of to strengthen its appeal to core demographics. But that isn’t quite the tack Roger Goodell has taken.

Ahead of Super Bowl, Poll Shows NFL Is Losing Its Core Audience

iowahawk_skin_suit_5-28-16-1.jpg

75%? :lmao: I doubt it.

Of course we can never know since you have no link that doesn't require a damn subscription. How convenient.

I don't watch the NFL...it has sucked for years! If you must watch football watch the college games....

Ever since the kneeling..........I haven't watched a single NFL game.
I have. So you're cancelled out.
Then there are those who have never watched in the first place and those who have only recently started to watch, so who really knows how the picture truly looks now.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Exactly, and a few message board whiners doesn't indicate the first clue about that. Whining is what happens on message boards anyway.

To the extent that any "news" stories outside of sports mentioned the NFL, that generates interest. People who weren't really interested before now have a reason to find out what the buzz is about. That's exactly what the phrase "no such thing as bad publicity" means, because the opposite of interest is disinterest --- not whining.

I am going to watch the PAts slaughter the iggles in the SB, and evaluate again from there. Players have agreed to stop the bullshit; I want to see if they are good for their word, and if not adios NFL.

I am going to watch the PAts slaughter the iggles in the SB, and evaluate again from there. Players have agreed to stop the bullshit; I want to see if they are good for their word, and if not adios NFL.

Because mindless robotic m0b mentality and doing what one is told is the prime directive.

That's the problem with you obsequious wimps. Y'all just can't handle the concept of critical thinking. Can't be happy without some authority figure ordering you around. :gay:

I don't watch the NFL...it has sucked for years! If you must watch football watch the college games....

What would be the point? Unless you went to that college? :dunno:

Never have understood that.
a lot more scoring sometimes
a lot of last second TDs/etc
more trick plays
various option plays
more foul ups
etc

I'm sure it has its distinctions on the field. That's not what I mean.
What I mean is if the University of Bumfuck takes on Dickhead State ---- who could care which one prevails? How do you even do that? And if you don't have a dog in the hunt --- then what's the point of watching?

75%? :lmao: I doubt it.

Of course we can never know since you have no link that doesn't require a damn subscription. How convenient.

Not sure, watched almost every Chicago bears game since 1979...

Have not watched a single bears game or NFL game all year and I sure as hell won't be watching the super bowl , when is it next week?

the most i will have to do with the super bowl

is a little friendly numbers gambling

What would be the point? Unless you went to that college? :dunno:

Never have understood that.
a lot more scoring sometimes
a lot of last second TDs/etc
more trick plays
various option plays
more foul ups
etc

I'm sure it has its distinctions on the field. That's not what I mean.
What I mean is if the University of Bumfuck takes on Dickhead State ---- who could care which one prevails? How do you even do that? And if you don't have a dog in the hunt --- then what's the point of watching?
I just explained the reasonS !! ????!!!
and more exciting endings because the DBacks are more stupid than NFL idiots and let receivers get behind them/etc
more exciting endings because more time --if I'm not mistaken they stop the clock on first downs...time for a comeback
this last season I saw a game like that almost every week

Forum List

Back