The Nightmare Returns!

1940878260_welcome_back_carter_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

I'd wait to see what's going on. They may have strayed into territorial waters.
I concur...lets wait to get official word. It looks like they wandered into Irans waters, were picked up, Iran knew it was a mistake and will release. We'll see

I think Iran will also release them, I don't think Iran wants an International Incident of this type.
I think if it was that simple, the Iranians would have released a story telling when the soldiers would be available for being picked up. Do we have an ambassador there where the soldiers could be held in our embassy?
Word would have been out by now if all was well. The next story to come our just may be that they are being held for espionage charges. Kerry should be on his way over there,
We don't have an embassy in Iran nor an ambassador.

I'd wait to see what's going on. They may have strayed into territorial waters.
I concur...lets wait to get official word. It looks like they wandered into Irans waters, were picked up, Iran knew it was a mistake and will release. We'll see

I think Iran will also release them, I don't think Iran wants an International Incident of this type.
I think if it was that simple, the Iranians would have released a story telling when the soldiers would be available for being picked up. Do we have an ambassador there where the soldiers could be held in our embassy?
Word would have been out by now if all was well. The next story to come our just may be that they are being held for espionage charges. Kerry should be on his way over there,

I don't know if you have an Ambassador to Iran. 'Um, can you trust Kerry heading to Iran, he's not exactly....confidence inspiring is he darling?
NO!

LATEST:

Per CNN, the sailors have been arrested.
That's standard as soon as they are picked up they are "arrested". I don't think the Iranians would risk the economic benefits from the nuclear deal over this. Again I'm sure they'll make domestic political news of it but there's too much at stake for this too go too far. Hopefully.

Were it not for the unnecessary, destructive, criminal invasion of Iraq we would still have a valuable ally to assist us in this new conflict with our old enemy, Iran.
You have to go back a long way to get to when Iraq was an ally.

Yeah. We should go to War right away.

We'll make sure YOUR kids get sent first.
Your point is well taken. But if this incident turns out to be an aggressive slap in the face and we do nothing equally aggressive about it, next comes a kick in the nuts.

Your point is well taken. But if this incident turns out to be an aggressive slap in the face and we do nothing equally aggressive about it, next comes a kick in the nuts.

And........you thnk Obama is "feckless" so that's what you anticipate happening.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world knows that Obama is pragmatic and deliberate....and knows that this will end well for the US.

Were it not for the unnecessary, destructive, criminal invasion of Iraq we would still have a valuable ally to assist us in this new conflict with our old enemy, Iran.
You have to go back a long way to get to when Iraq was an ally.
Iraq was a very convenient ally during the Iran Hostage crisis. Whether that was "back a long way" depends on what one considers "long."

LATEST:

Per CNN, the sailors have been arrested.
That's standard as soon as they are picked up they are "arrested". I don't think the Iranians would risk the economic benefits from the nuclear deal over this. Again I'm sure they'll make domestic political news of it but there's too much at stake for this too go too far. Hopefully.
I hope so. too.

They are now saying the revolutionary guard says they were arrested.

Also, it seems there was a navy vessel there to refuel these vessels.

State dept is saying since it is night there, they won't be released until morning.

And we are giving them how much money? And a nuke deal? Yet they arrested and seized our military vessels? Really.

State dept is saying since it is night there, they won't be released until morning.
Most likely they are downplaying this so the news turns to the SOTU.

Well we pretty much obliterated their military in 1991. I doubt Saddam would have been much help after that.

Sort of like Benghazi...

Most likely they are downplaying this so the news turns to the SOTU.

And we are giving them how much money? And a nuke deal? Yet they arrested and seized our military vessels? Really.
I don't think we're "giving" them any money. They stand to benefit from the lifting of sanctions. The "arresting" of the sailors and seizing of the boats are standard procedure. Think about it, the Iranian forces were basically doing their job.
The US Coast Guard would do the same.

And........you thnk Obama is "feckless" so that's what you anticipate happening.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world knows that Obama is pragmatic and deliberate....and knows that this will end well for the US.
I can see him fumbling around that red crayon.

I don't think we're "giving" them any money. They stand to benefit from the lifting of sanctions. The "arresting" of the sailors and seizing of the boats are standard procedure. Think about it, the Iranian forces were basically doing their job.
The US Coast Guard would do the same.

Let's hope you're right on this

As I sit here and post right now TEN UNITED STATES NAVAL PERSONAL have been captured and their two ships taken by the country of Iran.

You remember those fine folks Obama JUST gave nukes to and left BEHIND FOUR United States CITIZENS.

This IS BULLSHIT folks PURE BULLSHIT.
10 U.S. sailors in Iranian custody - CNNPolitics.com

NUKE MECCA.
#1...they may have drifted into Iranian waters accidently. If so, are you saying that the Iranians are not allowed to deal with people who cross into their territorial waters?
#2... for someone who supposedly has an IQ of 214, you don't seem to know that Mecca isn't in Iran.

Forum List

Back