The Notre Dame Problem

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Assuming Alabama beats Florida, the CFP is going to have a big problem with Notre Dame. No one wants a third game against Clemson, but if ND stays #3 it will play #2 Clemson in the semifinals. I think they will make sure ND plays Alabama, which means that either Alabama is dropped to #2 or ND is dropped to #4. What will they do?

Assuming Alabama beats Florida, the CFP is going to have a big problem with Notre Dame. No one wants a third game against Clemson, but if ND stays #3 it will play #2 Clemson in the semifinals. I think they will make sure ND plays Alabama, which means that either Alabama is dropped to #2 or ND is dropped to #4. What will they do?
I think we should give the current #5 team a shot.

And, in saying that, I have no agenda whatsoever.
:biggrin:

From what I saw today, I think Notre Dame better pray they play Clemson again. Bama would embarrass them. Again.

I think those on the committee should all just hang themselves and be done with it.

CSI Notre Dame.png

I think we should give the current #5 team a shot.

And, in saying that, I have no agenda whatsoever.
:biggrin:

Texas A and M should take ND's place.

The first game ND at HOME had to win the close game in OVERTIME against a Clemson defense missing the All American linebacker Skalsi and two defensive line starters, and the Starting Quarterback too.

The second game they were all back, ND couldn't handle that massive talent increase on defense, they rushed BOOK to the death for most of the game, shut down the rushing game most of the time too. Their only Touchdown came AFTER many Clemson defensive starters were standing on the sidelines, including the All American linebacker, late in the 4th quarter.

ND is an overrated team!

The first game ND at HOME had to win the close game in OVERTIME against a Clemson defense missing the All American linebacker Skalsi and two defensive line starters, and the Starting Quarterback too.
I don't think OT wins should be given much weight, especially at home games.

Forum List

Back