The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

And even when the emperor agreed to surrender, there was attempt by Japanese officers to prevent the transmission of the emperor's surrender notification to the Japanese people.
And they failed. And the emperor surrendered

His was the only surrender we woukd accept

Still no excuse for mass murdering thousands of defenseless women and children, of a nation trying to surrender.

Your argument is absurd. Because the Japanese committed atrocities, it’s okay for Truman to too.
The U.S. was at war. Fear was everywhere. The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Folks on the Pacific Coast feared a Japanese invasion. People were actually dissing the Chinese here in America because they thought they looked Japanese. Stories of Japanese atrocities were all over the news. I have some actual newspapers from that time. When I read them, it was like going back in time and experiencing the widespread fear of not only Japan but Hitler as existential threats to the 'home land.' People were sacrificing not only their male children to war but rationing had a big impact on what one could even buy and the overall quality of life.

To look back now and pass judgement from a modern perspective is, I believe, lacking much historical perspective and a bit arrogant. Hiroshima was an important military target. Nagasaki was an important port for the Japanese.

You lack the intelligence to understand this, but other people's private lives are none of your business.
:lol:
Just come right out and say you've never taught anything a day in your life, and you are just gassing on about things you are uninformed and uneducated about. It's ok, everyone knows.

Still no excuse for mass murdering thousands of defenseless women and children,
Wartime strikes against military targets are not murder.

For an example of mass murder, look to the peacetime attack on Pearl Harbor.

of a nation trying to surrender.
Japan did not try to surrender until after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

Your argument is absurd. Because the Japanese committed atrocities, it’s okay for Truman to too.
Mr. Truman didn't commit any atrocities.

The U.S. was at war. Fear was everywhere. The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Folks on the Pacific Coast feared a Japanese invasion. People were actually dissing the Chinese here in America because they thought they looked Japanese. Stories of Japanese atrocities were all over the news. I have some actual newspapers from that time. When I read them, it was like going back in time and experiencing the widespread fear of not only Japan but Hitler as existential threats to the 'home land.' People were sacrificing not only their male children to war but rationing had a big impact on what one could even buy and the overall quality of life.

To look back now and pass judgement from a modern perspective is, I believe, lacking much historical perspective and a bit arrogant. Hiroshima was an important military target. Nagasaki was an important port for the Japanese.
The war was over according to the military leaders

:lol:
Just come right out and say you've never taught anything a day in your life,
You lack the intelligence to understand this, but other people's private lives are none of your business.

and you are just gassing on about things you are uninformed and uneducated about. It's ok, everyone knows.
You are the one who is uninformed and uneducated here. I am extremely informed and educated. That is why it is so easy for me to debunk all of your falsehoods.

There are no records of anyone ever advising Mr. Truman against using the atomic bombs or advising him that the war was over.

There is only one person who even claims to have been saying such a thing at the time, and that was Eisenhower.

And Eisenhower's own account makes it quite clear that Truman was not present when he gave this advice.

There are no records of anyone ever advising Mr. Truman against using the atomic bombs or advising him that the war was over.

There is only one person who even claims to have been saying such a thing at the time, and that was Eisenhower.

And Eisenhower's own account makes it quite clear that Truman was not present when he gave this advice.
That doesnt mean anything. Do you have quotes saying they never advised truman?

I'll wait

= you are full of shit
You have a big mouth, but you are all talk.

You cannot back up your empty talking by pointing out a single untrue statement in any of my posts.

I, on the other hand, routinely point out untrue statements in your posts.

In short, you are fraud. All you do is lie.

He did go on the radio on august 15.

The first time an Emperor ever went on the radio. Hell, he was so far removed from the Japanese people that he barely even spoke the same language! They actually had to have a translator speak afterwards to explain what he had actually said.

And all decisions were made in the name of the Emperor. He had no say or choice in the matter.

As I said, you seem to think that Japan was like some European nation, it was not.

Military leaders have their own biases.

If you had ever served in the military (note I never did but every male in my family did at some point) you would know that.
You have your own biases too

And you never served a day so dont tell me what your daddy did

Forum List

Back