The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

There are voices which assert that the bomb should never have been used at all. I cannot associate myself with such ideas. ... I am surprised that very worthy people—but people who in most cases had no intention of proceeding to the Japanese front themselves—should adopt the position that rather than throw this bomb, we should have sacrificed a million American and a quarter of a million British lives.

— Winston Churchill, leader of the Opposition, in a speech to the British House of Commons, August 1945[8]
We could have waited three days

Great. Let's hear from some US military generals or admirals that you have

Love to hear it

I think not using atomic bombs to end the war would have resulted in more japanese deaths and future misery

and further it saved thousands of American lives which should have been the priority

So I should take your opinion over his?

I get jokes
No. You should form your own opinion but you should look at all of the information. And I was only making a joke to illustrate they weren't going to unconditionally surrender without being shown their defeat was imminent. I also wasn't joking about generals covering their asses about having to drop nukes.

No. You should form your own opinion but you should look at all of the information. And I was only making a joke to illustrate they weren't going to unconditionally surrender without being shown their defeat was imminent. I also wasn't joking about generals covering their asses about having to drop nukes.
Oh good.

Then I dismiss your opinion.

Want to call me stupid? It will make you feel better. Lol

Great. Let's hear from some US military generals or admirals that you have

Love to hear it
What about the Emperor of Japan? Should you believe him when he said, In his speech to the Japanese people presenting his reasons for surrender on August 15, the Emperor referred specifically to the atomic bombs, stating if they continued to fight it would not only result in "an ultimate collapse and obliteration of the Japanese nation, but also it would lead to the total extinction of human civilization".[56]

What about the Emperor of Japan? Should you believe him when he said, In his speech to the Japanese people presenting his reasons for surrender on August 15, the Emperor referred specifically to the atomic bombs, stating if they continued to fight it would not only result in "an ultimate collapse and obliteration of the Japanese nation, but also it would lead to the total extinction of human civilization".[56]
No I dont believe him

Forum List

Back