The NY Times says Irma was a little puppy to cuddle, with no storm surge

• Banned
The Monster Surge That Wasn’t: Why Irma Caused Less Flooding Than Expected

Again this was a glorified thunderstorm

If Key West was a national park instead of a national disgrace the beaches would actually be cleaner than ever

Why are the Keys a disgrace? I prefer south of Tampa and the Glades, but the Keys are great also.
The keys were just wiped out, the debris will be washing up around the World for years. Worse by the time it is rebuilt, parts will be wiped out again. Putting new homes on stilts only lets the wind under the home to blow it away. But hey it stays dry right?

Think

If Key West was a national park instead of a national disgrace the beaches would actually be cleaner than ever

Why are the Keys a disgrace? I prefer south of Tampa and the Glades, but the Keys are great also.
The keys were just wiped out, the debris will be washing up around the World for years. Worse by the time it is rebuilt, parts will be wiped out again. Putting new homes on stilts only lets the wind under the home to blow it away. But hey it stays dry right?

Think

No, as I wrote, the outcry if land use regs prohibited building in areas like the Keys would prevent passage of the regs. In my county, those evaced were mainly by the river, they chose to build there.

• Banned

Think

No, as I wrote, the outcry if land use regs prohibited building in areas like the Keys would prevent passage of the regs. In my county, those evaced were mainly by the river, they chose to build there.
Did poor people also choose to build in Louisiana below sea level? The fact is the government lets people do ANYTHING as long as they pay taxes. Then they use our own taxes to help them rebuild so they can continue paying taxes. They do not give a shit who's life is ruined

Lefties are very disappointed in Irma.

Another one that has not seen the footage. SHAME ON YOU.

How can you people make this a partisan issue? Stop looking to make childish points and just admit that people were wiped out and now need our help.

• Banned

How can you people make this a partisan issue? Stop looking to make childish points and just admit that people were wiped out and now need our help.
Not one person was wiped out, who should have been allowed to build where they were. Andrew wiped out entire counties, the people left rather than rebuild, but have no fear other assholes moved in and are wiped out now....

Sorry, but not my fault and I should not have to pay to rebuild anything that is going to be wiped out again.

Florida should be closed

Not one person was wiped out, who should have been allowed to build where they were. Andrew wiped out entire counties, the people left rather than rebuild, but have no fear other assholes moved in and are wiped out now....

Sorry, but not my fault and I should not have to pay to rebuild anything that is going to be wiped out again.

Florida should be closed

How can you look at entire towns wiped out and say "Not one person was wiped out"?

As for paying to rebuild, I agree with this in part but fact is, those who were completely wiped out, those who lost everything they owned do not suddenly have the money to move elsewhere.

As for "Florida should be closed", I would be fine if we sent all the alt right human garbage there and then built the wall so they couldn't get back in. Problem with that is that the blue states would still be supporting them.

Think

Did poor people also choose to build in Louisiana below sea level? The fact is the government lets people do ANYTHING as long as they pay taxes. Then they use our own taxes to help them rebuild so they can continue paying taxes. They do not give a shit who's life is ruined

Vote in more complex minds(.) Your points are all valid, why rebuild where there WILL be destruction?

Think

Vote in more complex minds(.) Your points are all valid, why rebuild where there WILL be destruction?

I remember thinking this about Galveston but as I said above, people simply don't have the money to relocate.

Such as, look at the trailers or other areas where people were truly wiped out, nothing left.

What's the answer for them?

Edited --

Especially with Rs in power? No way they would ever agree to help Americans.

I'm with you on the Keys. I was relieved to find out Ernest Hemingway's 54 six toed cats and museum all made it thru Irma with their caretaker. They still have 9 lives left.

:)

hemingway-cats-survive-irma-1-4133f2db-9635-4b36-a1c7-069e1b3bda94.jpg

Hemingway's six-toed cats survive Irma, still have nine lives

Ol bassman seems very disappointed that Irma didn't completely destroy Fl or the people there.

Ol bassman seems very disappointed that Irma didn't completely destroy Fl or the people there.
Not at all, but I am going to watch them rebuild just to be wiped out again...................

I'll tell you how stupid Floridians are, they let 12 year olds take dad's boat deep sea fishing in thunderstorms, and watch the kids die, then do nothing at all to save the next kid.

Florida is retarded

maxresdefault.jpg

The funny part is that there are more faggots from the north in Florida than there are people born in Florida.

Florida has a shitload of New York and New Jersey assholes.

Palm Beach County is basically New York.

Not at all, but I am going to watch them rebuild just to be wiped out again...................

I'll tell you how stupid Floridians are, they let 12 year olds take dad's boat deep sea fishing in thunderstorms, and watch the kids die, then do nothing at all to save the next kid.

Florida is retarded

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought the same thing when I saw idiot christians on the beach, praying away the storm.

Those damn fool idiots actually had their small children with them.

They should be charged with reckless endangerment or some such.

The funny part is that there are more faggots from the north in Florida than there are people born in Florida.

Florida has a shitload of New York and New Jersey assholes.

Palm Beach County is basically New York.

You're so dumb, you don't even realize you have just indicted the idiot you voted for.

What happened to your last photo/sig? I LOVED seeing failures Palin and Nugent under the elegant painting of one of the most successful women in our history.

Forum List

Back