The Obama Economy is BOOMING!

the policy of giving unqualified applicants loans to make the racial numbers look better started way before that
Nope, that is just a typical CON$ervoFascist lie mindlessly parroted by morons.

no - government policy that required lenders to set lower standards for some applicants was certainly part of the problem
That was Bush's ADDI and had absolutely nothing to do with the CRA.
The CRA required QUALIFIED minorities, ADDI gave no down payment loans to unqualified borrowers with bad credit for more than the house was worth.
The CRA threatened banks that didn't give loans to Democrat voters.
You lie yet again!

On the contrary, my post #125 proved that it is you who lies.....I, of course, never have to: the facts always prove me correct,

And...I don't mind doing it once again:
a. Congress passed a bill in 1975 requiring banks to provide the government with information on their lending activities in poor urban areas. Two years later, it passed the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which gave regulators the power to deny banks the right to expand if they didn’t lend sufficiently in those neighborhoods. In 1979 the FDIC used the CRA to block a move by the Greater NY Savings Bank for not enough lending.

b. Clinton Administration housing secretary, Henry Cisneros, declared that he would expand homeownership among lower- and lower-middle-income renters. His strategy: pushing for no-down-payment loans; expanding the size of mortgages that the government would insure against losses; and using the CRA and other lending laws to direct more private money into low-income programs.

c. Pressuring nonbank lenders to make more loans to poor minorities didn’t stop with Sears. If it didn’t happen, Clinton officials warned, they’d seek to extend CRA regulations to all mortgage makers. In Congress, Representative Maxine Waters called financial firms not covered by the CRA “among the most egregious redliners.”

d. When in early 2000 the FDIC proposed increasing capital requirements for lenders making “subprime” loans—loans to people with questionable credit, that is—Democratic representative Carolyn Maloney of New York told a congressional hearing that she feared that the step would dry up CRA loans. Her fellow New York Democrat John J. LaFalce urged regulators “not to be premature” in imposing new regulations.
Obsessive Housing Disorder

"...Clinton officials warned, they’d seek to extend CRA regulations to all mortgage makers."

I kicked you down the stairs again, huh?

Forum List

Back