"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

An unintentional follow-up to my last post, on the subject of geographical cost disparities and limited choice:

Before the Affordable Care Act, health-insurance policies could not be sold across state lines; now policies sold on the Affordable Care Act exchanges may not be offered across county lines.

That is from a woman who may lose her life savings or even die because of Obamacare.

A Stage-4 Gallblader Cancer Survivor Says: I Am One of ObamaCare's Losers - WSJ.com

Since March 2007 United Healthcare has paid $1.2 million to help keep me alive, and it has never once questioned any treatment or procedure recommended by my medical team. The company pays a fair price to the doctors and hospitals, on time, and is responsive to the emergency treatment requirements of late-stage cancer. Its caring people in the claims office have been readily available to talk to me and my providers.

But in January, United Healthcare sent me a letter announcing that they were pulling out of the individual California market. The company suggested I look to Covered California starting in October.

You would think it would be simple to find a health-exchange plan that allows me, living in San Diego, to continue to see my primary oncologist at Stanford University and my primary care doctors at the University of California, San Diego. Not so. UCSD has agreed to accept only one Covered California plan—a very restrictive Anthem EPO Plan. EPO stands for exclusive provider organization, which means the plan has a small network of doctors and facilities and no out-of-network coverage (as in a preferred-provider organization plan) except for emergencies. Stanford accepts an Anthem PPO plan but it is not available for purchase in San Diego (only Anthem HMO and EPO plans are available in San Diego).

So if I go with a health-exchange plan, I must choose between Stanford and UCSD. Stanford has kept me alive—but UCSD has provided emergency and local treatment support during wretched periods of this disease, and it is where my primary-care doctors are.

Former Obama Administration Official: Obama Will 'Pay Price' For Healthcare Promise Reversal

Former Obama Administration Official: Obama Will 'Pay Price' For Healthcare Promise Reversal.
By Benjamin Bell
23 hours ago

...Content preferences ....Done ..
This morning on "This Week," Crossfire co-host Van Jones, a former Obama administration official, said the president would "pay a price," for reversing course on his now famous promise that those Americans who like their plans could keep them if them if they wished under Obamacare.

""And he overpromised. And he will, listen, he will pay a price. 'Mission accomplished,' you pay a price. 'No new taxes,' you pay a price. 'You keep your plan,' you pay a price," Jones said.

Attachments

• $BXTOWT3IQAA0xhU.jpg
    $BXTOWT3IQAA0xhU.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 59
My brother, 55, single, individual catastrophic plan with IBC went to meeting held by IBC this afternoon. About 30 people were there (they have these meetings scheduled from mid-October through November, different places and times), none of the people attending were under 50, all had had their IBC plan cancelled due to (un)aca.

He said the presentation was extremely well organized and while complex, with a lot of information, well laid-out. Three people presenting/answering questions. Website provided for the people to sign up on, review plans, etc. The whole meeting was like a well-oiled machine. Yeah, good luck with the freaking government running anything like a well-oiled machine. The good news? He's now covered for maternity, newborn, pediatric care (including vision and dental). The bad news? He's now covered for maternity, newborn, pediatric care (including vision and dental). No vision or dental included for him in that plan though. Final cost is still tbd, depending upon plan, but so far? At least double his premium and nearly double his deductible.

Fuck. You. obama and dems. But seriously.

We are in the process of renewing our insurance with the hubs company, I am expecting similar numbers as my brother.

Last edited:
Why the ACA is such a big winner for the Democrats -- it makes things better for 14%, worse for 3%. And "14" is a lot more votes than "3".

CHART: 'Winners And Losers From Obamacare'

xijh2tqeqtcd1misu9go.png

Only in liberal zombie land does a guy, child, or older woman paying for newborn, maternity, pediatric care = higher quality health plan. Shoot them. Please.

The chart leaves out illegal immigrants and the middle class families who will be going bankrupt in < two years after paying into 'the system"

Very Odd graph posted by someone who only deals in 'facts'...not theories.

Last edited:
New Obama talking points more lies on top of lies...I didn't say what I said

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frE6bR5Jwdk]Obama: "Higher standard" may prevent you from keeping your health care plan - YouTube[/ame]

You didn't hear this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LRcLMScEqo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LRcLMScEqo[/ame]

Last edited:
It's nauseating to be lied to like that. If it were only an occasional prevarication ... you know, say, once every couple of months, that wouldn't be so bad.

But it's so many lies. So often. He speaks so damn much and odds are there's going to be a lie in any given speech.

So insulting that he thinks we're so manipulable. Well, some of us are. The question is whether they'll admit now that they fell for it for so long. Hard to come back in once you have gotten so far out on a limb.

"Better for everybody"?

What is Obama going to do for Edie Sundby? I want him to call her and record the call so we know how he tries to convince her that he has made the market better for her.

I want him to call my friend who can no longer afford pain management therapy because Obama and his "we know what's best for you" colleagues caused her deduction to go so high that she can no longer afford the care she had before he interfered in her life.

*insert dirty word here*

I am SO angry on behalf of my friend and on behalf of all America. The ends do not justify the means. Obama raped the democratic process and has no shame about it.

It's nauseating to be lied to like that. If it were only an occasional prevarication ... you know, say, once every couple of months, that wouldn't be so bad.

But it's so many lies. So often. He speaks so damn much and odds are there's going to be a lie in any given speech.

So insulting that he thinks we're so manipulable. Well, some of us are. The question is whether they'll admit now that they fell for it for so long. Hard to come back in once you have gotten so far out on a limb.

I say send the bill for Obamacare waste and corruption to Obama/Democrat voters.

Just wait till next year when the employer mandate kicks in. Millions more will lose the plan they like. You know, the one they were told by the president of the United States, in plain English, that they could keep. Period.

Oh wait ... we didn't hear that. (reps to jroc for that)

Another clueless liberal who has no idea what her party passed into law... New talking point?:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDt1plYvx7w]Feinstein on Obamacare - YouTube[/ame]

Affordable Care Act could prompt leaders to hire substitute teachers from employment agency - TriCities.com: Local News

BRISTOL , Va. &#8211; City school leaders could decide next month to get substitute teachers from an employment agency due to cost concerns related to the Affordable Care Act.

On Monday, the city School Board tabled a proposal to contract with Kelly Educational Services for substitute teachers. The board is now expected to make that decision at its December meeting.

&#8220;We&#8217;ve got a tough decision to make and this is new ground for us,&#8221; Superintendent Mark Lineburg said. &#8220;We&#8217;re trying to figure out how to navigate some of our part-time employees and be fiscally prudent. Costs are going up for part-time employees with the Affordable Care Act and substitutes fall under that. We&#8217;re trying to figure out whether it&#8217;s best to keep them or to out-source them to a company that deals with substitute teachers as temporary workers.&#8221;

Forum List

Back